Sponsored

Rods/Pistons

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thinking of building my own block instead of the aluminator route. What rods and pistons are you guys using for your builds? And who has the best prices for this stuff?
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I recommend the Mahle Cobra Jet pistons, Manley H-Beam rods and your choice of the other supporting items like Billet OPG and CS, Studs and so on....etc.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I recommend the Mahle Cobra Jet pistons, Manley H-Beam rods and your choice of the other supporting items like Billet OPG and CS, Studs and so on....etc.
Thank you. Where can a Mustang guy get good prices on this stuff?

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Shouldnt his power goals be asked before assuming an h beam is enough or the CJ pistons. :shrug:

But youre probably right, most dont want enough power for more than that around here

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
They are familiar from forum and fact hes asking means likely not engaging a builder like Holbrook etc. So assume greater than 800rwhp but likely less than 1200 and maybe looking to up durability.
These motors are so cheap yet capable its tempting to go 1000-1200 and just keep a backup motor ready to go.
Rings
Ring lands/pistons
Rods

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Shouldnt his power goals be asked before assuming an h beam is enough or the CJ pistons. :shrug:

But youre probably right, most dont want enough power for more than that around here
I forgot to mention that you are correct. I will not be exceeding 925-950 whp. This is a VMP Gen2-R on E85 my injectors and fueling will need upgrading.

They are familiar from forum and fact hes asking means likely not engaging a builder like Holbrook etc. So assume greater than 800rwhp but likely less than 1200 and maybe looking to up durability.
These motors are so cheap yet capable its tempting to go 1000-1200 and just keep a backup motor ready to go.
Rings
Ring lands/pistons
Rods
After looking at the pricing I agree 100% this is one reason for going with a Mustang. So many options for modding that competition keeps prices reasonable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Were you not boosted already Fishtail?
Yes I am. Rotating assembly is all stock. I am at its limitations. Or at least I think I am at its limitations. OPG/TG is one of my first mods that I did. Don't think these blocks last to long over 800 WHP.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yes I am. Rotating assembly is all stock. I am at its limitations. Or at least I think I am at its limitations. OPG/TG is one of my first mods that I did. Don't think these blocks last to long over 800 WHP.
Thought maybe you'd already gone kaboom ... just some piece of mind then?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
We offer rotating assemblies based on customer specifications. If you would like some help determining what is available or best fits your needs, feel free to drop a PM or give us a call at 313-561-5500 ext 101, we would be more than happy to assist with getting your project going!

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Aww, Cmon... No name dropping Kelly?? tsk tsk. :thumbsup:
Sponsored