Road rage incident

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I'd rather someone who gets that heated at Detroit drivers not have ready access to a firearm.

I've driven in Detroit (and Chicago) and it's like the Indy 500 with potholes and Cadillacs. Actually, as others have mentioned-the other drivers most likely drive like that all the time. The OP was the one who was driving like a jerk (in their minds).
my brief trip to detroit in May didnt phase me with shitty drivers since im used to chicago. the closer you get to downtown, the worse drivers are. you can go literally less than 50 miles from downtown and the same exact highway is a completely different experience. chicago drivers are downright terrible. you said Cadillacs, ill add pretty much anything dodge, but especially chargers and durangos. and yes, you can easily get shot on chicago highways. it's happening in record numbers lately. and dont even get me started with potholes.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
you can easily get shot on chicago highways.
Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the Country. When the criminals know the law abiding are unarmed they take advantage.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
My first concern in that situation would be "Am I being set up for something robbery, car jacking, insurance fraud or something like that."
Driving in downtown Atlanta rush hour daily I completely understand the feeling and how difficult it can be to disconnect your emotions and turn away from situations like that. But,if you can, it really is best.
yeah same that would be my first thought to

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the Country. When the criminals know the law abiding are unarmed they take advantage.
yep, you are 100% correct.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
exactly and somehow the little shits in power cant see that

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
It is very easy to give advice and often difficult to follow the very same advice given. Emotions cloud good judgement, but changing your route and ignoring the person is the best option.

As stated displaying a gun during road rage is a bad idea and could force you to use it, and for what?

We could talk guns all day long, but guns do not kill people, other people kill people. Until the US starts taking serious the actual person using the gun or violating gun laws, instead of trying to disarm law abiding citizens so they can become victims then things will never change. There are other issues directly proportionate to homicides by firearm but that would set off a shit storm of hurt feelings so I will not go there. It is hard for some to hear the truth.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Chicago potholes = you drive into them and then up out of them...at 80 MPH.

I remember the Dan Ryan littered with all manner of car parts; Exhaust, axles, oil pans, wheels, bumpers, etc.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Hello; I do not know about things in Canada, but did look into what happened in Australia about five years ago. Some of the information has been removed, but still some around. Perhaps others will have good information about Canada.

Did Australia’s ban on guns lower violent crime rates and lower suicide rates? | WINTERY KNIGHT

“Yes, as with the gun-happy United States, the murder rate is down in Australia. It’s dropped 31 percent from a rate of 1.6 per 100,000 people in 1994 to 1.1 per 100,000 in 2012.But it’s the only serious crime that saw a consistent decline post-ban.”

“In fact, according to the Australian government’s own statistics, a number of serious crimes peaked in the years after the ban. Manslaughter, sexual assault, kidnapping, armed robbery, and unarmed robbery all saw peaks in the years following the ban, and most remain near or above pre-ban rates. The effects of the 1996 ban on violent crime are, frankly, unimpressive at best.”

“It’s even less impressive when again compared to America’s decrease in violent crime over the same period. According to data from the U.S. Justice Department, violent crime fell nearly 72 percent between 1993 and 2011. Again, this happened as guns were being manufactured and purchased at an ever-increasing rate.”

“So although you have fewer firearm-related deaths when you disarm law-abiding civilians, violent crime increases, because there is now NO deterrence to criminals. Even a criminal with a knife can rob, rape and murder someone who is unarmed.”

No, Aussie and UK 'Gun Bans' Didn't Lower Violent Crime or Homicides | MRCTV

“Included in the U.S. gun death stats are suicides, which comprise the bulk of firearm deaths, and, though they vary from year to year, usually stand almost twice as high as homicides and accidental gun-related deaths. However, promoters of gun-grab laws seem to have no problem calling suicides “homicides.””

Hello my comments; I went thru this violence discussion a few years ago. This is one of the ways things are skewed. I get that suicide is violent to the particular individual, but not always violence toward society. Murder –suicide being an exception.

“Thus we get the declaration that violent crime and gun homicides/suicides went down immediately after the “ban” took nearly 20 percent of Aussie guns off “the streets”, as some have claimed. The trouble is, it’s not true that violent crime, or even gun-related crime, decreased immediately after the gun ban. This is a case of temporal manipulation to reach a desired conclusion. In fact, gun-related crime increased for years after the 1996 “ban," and the only way disputants can claim that violent crime decreased is by widening the window of time beyond 10 years.”

“As John Lott has correctly noted, violent crime increased immediately after the “ban,” and homicides and armed robberies continued the upward trend until 2000, never dropping below 1996 levels until after 2010 (in the case of armed robberies, they still hadn’t gone below 1996 levels by 2010).”

“As Miguel Faria, MD. Noted, after the Aussie “ban” was insituted:

That same year in the state of Victoria, there was a 300 percent increase in homicides committed with firearms. The following year, robberies increased almost 60 percent in South Australia. By 1999, assaults had increased in New South Wales by almost 20 percent. Two years following the gun ban/confiscation, armed robberies rose by 73 percent, unarmed robberies by 28 percent, kidnappings by 38 percent, assaults by 17 percent and manslaughter by 29 percent, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.”

“Meanwhile, during the same early-year period of the Aussie “ban,” the U.S. saw a staggering increase in gun ownership, and violent crime, including gun-related homicides and other acts, decreased dramatically.”

“And guess what? Even after Bill Clinton’s presidency inspired worried gun owners to keep and bear more arms, the per-capita ownership of firearms continued to increase upon his departure, and violent crime continued to decrease.”

“Here is the link to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting stats from 2007 to 2011 to prove it. Between 2007 and 2011, the number of violent crimes committed with a gun decreased by over 220,000.”

“So what is the takeaway?”

“How about this: criminals change their behavior when they suspect a potential victim or group of potential victims might be armed. They hunt for easier prey. “

Hello my comments; In the USA currently we are seeing a dramatic change in violent crimes including assaults without guns, mass shoplifting, mass riots, vehicular homocides, gun deaths and armed robberies.

I might alter the above quote somewhat. The causes are more now that criminals do not fear the authorities to go after them. Too many stories of someone being caught for one crime, then being released on no bail and within days doing some other serious violent crime. One thing is such has not been happening in my area. I light up my front porch with a blue bulb to show support for the police and there is a good reason to not break into my house.
Strike one: The first few links here take you to websites hosted by gun enthusiasts.
Strike two: Snopes - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/australian-guns/
Strike three: Politifact - https://www.politifact.com/factchec...al-post-isnt-correct-australias-gun-laws-vio/
Strike four - FactCheck.org https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/

There’s four because it’s Canadian baseball. You have four downs in football, we have four strikes in baseball.🇨🇦
Check it: it’s a fact!
😉

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Comparing Canada and the United States and calling the second amendment so "antiquated artifact" you have to account for a huge difference.

The US Constitution, our country was founded upon the ideals of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

Canada constitution - founded upon "peace, order, and good government".

So the US is focused upon the individual and individual rights and responsibility and limited government. Government only has the power that the people give to it, and the people retained inalienable rights.

Canada looks to the government first and the individual second. You have the 'rights' that the government deems to be good enough to give you.
I can agree with a lot of this except that our government in Canada (provincial, federal, and judiciary) no more deems the rights that are good enough for us than yours does the same for you (state, federal, and judiciary).
We’re also a great deal more like Americans than you suggest in many things, including our own very strong belief in protecting individual rights.
In fact, there are no people on earth who resemble Americans more than Canadians.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I don’t really have road rage. I’ll let people pass. I’ll have some guys every now and then boxing me in but it’s cool. No worries. Show offs 🙄 But I think that most try to stay away from me because,

ADDFFDF7-1AE7-400A-A27D-923B9F82EE23.gif

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I don’t really have road rage. I’ll let people pass. I’ll have some guys every now and then boxing me in but it’s cool. No worries. Show offs 🙄 But I think that most try to stay away from me because,

ADDFFDF7-1AE7-400A-A27D-923B9F82EE23.gif

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Lmao. I revved at a stang the other day bc i rev at any stang I see now, but turns out it was a girl and I felt like an ass afterwards cuz she was just cruising in a convertible ecoboost and was prob like, what a lame guy 🤣🤣

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Lmao. I revved at a stang the other day bc i rev at any stang I see now, but turns out it was a girl and I felt like an ass afterwards cuz she was just cruising in a convertible ecoboost and was prob like, what a lame guy 🤣🤣
I’m sure she liked it. If she didn’t then she’s lame.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Chicago potholes = you drive into them and then up out of them...at 80 MPH.

I remember the Dan Ryan littered with all manner of car parts; Exhaust, axles, oil pans, wheels, bumpers, etc.
Been there done that. I had something fall off of a semi truck that destroyed the front of my 88 GT. A little higher through the windshield and I was screwed. Scared the hell out of me.

1972_todd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Fusion Titanium, 20' Mustang GT Premium
I think our world is in a sad state. Yelling, cussing, fighting, brandishing weapons, shooting and doing whatever else to one another for things that don't even matter. No threat to our families, livelihood, etc., but we're ready to kill. I grew up in a very, very tough neighborhood in LA. I'm not afraid of anyone, but understand what matters in life and what doesn't.

If most could look in the mirror, reflect, fix whatever's broken inside and stop trying to prove ourselves to strangers we'd all be better off. Just my two cents. Enjoy your cars my fellow enthusiast, we're all very fortunate to have them.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I was revved by an twister orange Raptor on the Interstate last weekend. Couldn't do anything about it, had to let him pass, had my GF next to me,
Sponsored