REX Ramjet headers

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
When I had my Pacemakers headers and mid pipe / resonators fitted, I had no check engine light. Did get the car tuned a few weeks later and never drove especially hard prior to the tune.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
When I had my Pacemakers headers and mid pipe / resonators fitted, I had no check engine light. Did get the car tuned a few weeks later and never drove especially hard prior to the tune.
Interesting that you did not get that. I will be speaking to the exhaust shop on Monday once they are back from xmas. I believe that they are an agent for Pacemaker but I presume they have done other brands as well. I will get the low down on this cel issue from them and report back.

OP
OP
tuf50L

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Interesting that you did not get that. I will be speaking to the exhaust shop on Monday once they are back from xmas. I believe that they are an agent for Pacemaker but I presume they have done other brands as well. I will get the low down on this cel issue from them and report back.
Have a read through some threads in the main sections. It’s luck of the draw. Happens to all brands like Kooks, LTH, Texas Speed etc and some people get lucky for a few weeks.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Have a read through some threads in the main sections. It’s luck of the draw. Happens to all brands like Kooks, LTH, Texas Speed etc and some people get lucky for a few weeks.
Just with a quick bit of reading today it can also depend on the type/quality of the cats.

OP
OP
tuf50L

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Just with a quick bit of reading today it can also depend on the type/quality of the cats.
Yep could be.
I’ll be going ramjet just for the better material, equal length, ground clearance, and Phonsy from GMM has been around for a long time and I trust his products,

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
IMG_7766.jpeg

Just to give you more to consider; Pacemaker claim they are Tuned Length rather than Equal Length.

Discuss... 🙂

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
IMG_7766.jpeg

Just to give you more to consider; Pacemaker claim they are Tuned Length rather than Equal Length.

Discuss... 🙂
I asked GM Motorsports if their stepped extractors are equal length and apparently they are close but there is an approximate 100mm difference in length in some of the runs.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Whatever happens, bonus points if you do a before and after dyno run prior to getting a tune. Still haven't seen one of these tests anywhere.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Whatever happens, bonus points if you do a before and after dyno run prior to getting a tune. Still haven't seen one of these tests anywhere.
Well I won't be getting a before and after because I will be using a dedicated exhaust only shop for install who don't have a dyno. A friend (@Mustang madness2018) intends to use a performance shop for his install along with a dyno tune. Maybe a comparison could be made. Downside to that is the delay in starting the install due to pipes heat and maybe additional cost.

Sponsored

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have dyno afterward but things were such as rush to get it done before Xmas close we did not do a before dyno. I have a video of the dyno run. But, I noticed a big the difference when I left the shop. REX headers, 2018 manifold, Ingen intake and tune all done at the same time.

Attachments

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Fair enough Peter, is yours tuned already? @Mustang madness2018 c'mon Troy time to further science :giggle:. A few of us might be interested in chipping in to defray the cost if that helps.
No, other than a bit of auto gearbox tuning it is fairly stock. I will probably get the engine tune soon after getting the headers.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
After a lot of toing and froing between Rex and Pacemaker I have done the deal on the latter. I am sure that some may not agree with my choice but after getting opinions and advice I am happy that I have gone with the Aussie made. Getting them coated in unpolished baked Cerakrome https://techlinecoatings.com.au/product/cermakrome-mcx/
base coat followed by air cured Cerakote
https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating/C-148/burnt-bronze
top coat in burnt bronze. 200 cell 100mm hi flow cats will be going on. Looks like it may be around 3 to 4 weeks away for install.

OP
OP
tuf50L

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
After a lot of toing and froing between Rex and Pacemaker I have done the deal on the latter. I am sure that some may not agree with my choice but after getting opinions and advice I am happy that I have gone with the Aussie made. Getting them coated in unpolished baked Cerakrome https://techlinecoatings.com.au/product/cermakrome-mcx/
top coat in burnt bronze. 200 cell 100mm hi flow cats will be going on. Looks like it may be around 3 to 4 weeks away for install.
Nice. There's no wrong answer. Let us know how the install goes and who you use.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looking forward to hearing how they turn out and what improvements they make.
Sponsored