Sponsored

REX Ramjet headers

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Has anyone got experience with Ramjet headers on S550s?

I know that GM Motorsport / GT Performance have been around for a long time and know them from the old LS1/XR6T days so I trust them but haven't found much information about the product even though it's been around a few years.

The price is great. You can get double step 1 7/8" headers and cats for under $2K.

Mustang Header Test - YouTube

rex-headers-6.png
Sponsored

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
I like the idea of headers to help the car breathe better. In terms of sound I think the 18s onwards sound great stock. Have got a friend with the Ramjet headers and he's very happy, but you'll ideally need a tune to maximise any gains.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

I know that GM Motorsport / GT Performance have been around for a long time and know them from the old LS1/XR6T days so I trust them but haven't found much information about the product even though it's been around a few years.

The price is great. You can get double step 1 7/8" headers and cats for under $2K.

rex-headers-6.png
I think I spoke to them once they don’t make them for LHD cars.

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

rex-headers-6.png
I got some 1 3/4" ones just before Christmas for my 2017. They are really nicely 304 TIG welded, polished and fit well. I have some pictures before and after fitting if people are interested. GT Performance (Melbourne based) they fitted them for ~A$1,000 (fitting only). IMO they look better made than the RHD Kooks and ARH I looked at. I was going to pay the silly prices for Kooks/ARH but they have been on back order and I did not know the RAM ones existed until recently.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
That's a great price vs most other brands. But add another 1k for a tune, without which the headers are unlikely to deliver much beyond noise, and is the juice worth the squeeze vs the cost of just a tune (even when retaining the frankenstein pipes our cars come with)?

Of course if Sir simply must have headers, bring it on and let us know how it goes.

Might be worth asking where they're made and what the warranty is, some imported 304 isn't of the quality we'd like it to be.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I got some 1 3/4" ones just before Christmas for my 2017. They are really nicely 304 TIG welded, polished and fit well. I have some pictures before and after fitting if people are interested. GT Performance (Melbourne based) they fitted them for ~A$1,000 (fitting only). IMO they look better made than the RHD Kooks and ARH I looked at. I was going to pay the silly prices for Kooks/ARH but they have been on back order and I did not know the RAM ones existed until recently.
Hi Dave. It has been a year since your post about your Rex RamJet extractors. I am tossing up whether to get Pacemaker or Rex and find very little real reviews for the Rex. How have yours been. Do you get any drone like some of the Holden people report. I would probably go the stepped version if I go with Rex.

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am very happy with them they fitted well, still look good and I ended up getting their 3" catback system as well. Together they sound awesome--not too loud, but It makes you want to get on it just for the sound.

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Also, definitely no drone.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Sponsored

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have them on my 2017 GT with 3" Hi-Flow Cats & Borla ATAK 3" system - Had to replace the X pipe with a Borla 3" resonator as it was insanely loud after the headers were installed -

Headers.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I have them on my 2017 GT with 3" Hi-Flow Cats & Borla ATAK 3" system - Had to replace the X pipe with a Borla 3" resonator as it was insanely loud after the headers were installed -

Headers.jpg
Thanks Tony. I did speak to GM Motorsport about the Rex yesterday. Definitely a bit cheaper than Pacemaker. I guess the big difference between the two brands is that Rex are 304 stainless and Pacemaker are 250 grade semi bright mild steel. GM Motorsport did say that the Rex will always throw a check engine light which is removed in tuning. I don't know if that applies to all brands of extractors.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yep check engine light is a universal thing.
OK thanks. Shouldnt be hard for someone with HP Tuners device to correct it. Just that I was not planning on getting the car a professional tune straight away. Maybe I should though.

OP
OP
tuf50L

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Thanks Tony. I did speak to GM Motorsport about the Rex yesterday. Definitely a bit cheaper than Pacemaker. I guess the big difference between the two brands is that Rex are 304 stainless and Pacemaker are 250 grade semi bright mild steel. GM Motorsport did say that the Rex will always throw a check engine light which is removed in tuning. I don't know if that applies to all brands of extractors.
Apparently these work well though.

http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs