Reverse camera help

Eric5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a 2015 GT. I had a Tremec T56 Magnum XL installed. The reverse camera doesn't come on now. I don't know if this is an easy fix or if I can just wire a switch up to the dash to activate it. What makes the camera turn on? Does the car k ow when it's in reverse and the ecu turns on the camera or does physically putting the car in reverse activate a switch that turns it on? Trying to figure out the easiest fix for it. Thank you.
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Do your reverse lights work?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check to make sure there weren’t any wires broken under the trans tunnel when the trans work was performed. Check to make sure any or all connectors are also plugged in too. Pop center console plate and check connectors.

If all of those check out as good, then it’s a coincidental failure and it’s possibly the rear harness in the trunk (common failure on 2015-2017 S550’s):

This thread has the TSB and also how to fix DIY.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/backup-camera-not-working.122961/#post-2645320

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
May be a coincidence. Check the wiring harness from the camera the plugs into the back of the trunk panel down and into the trunk - unwrap the tape and fiber if you have to. Mine stopped working seemingly at random and I found out there were two broken wires in there from all of the opening and shutting of the trunk, shoving coolers in there for car shows, etc. I basically rewired the whole harness using some butt connectors, some shrink wrap and a heat gun. Then I reinforced the tape and harness with some plastic conduit so it wouldn't get pinched or in the way of anything. Good as new.

If you don't find your issue there, then you'll have to trace the harness into the body toward the fuse panel.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
When the trunk harness breaks, the trunk light will stop working also.
Not in my case. Everything worked BUT the camera, and it would flash on every once in a while.
Sponsored