Sponsored

Rev/Shift hang and launch assist

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So after my shakedown pulls, the tuner is now in the process of fine tuning some things.

I told him during the break in that the car is hanging on shifts, which not only was a departure from what I was used to, I was concerned it was the throttle blade sticking.

The tuner loaded my base file (2016 GT350) and he said it's a factory file feature that's currently turned on.

I had the car on Lund's tunes previously for most of the car's life I just don't remember the gen 1 GT350's having rev match or even "hang" for upshifting. Not really a big deal or a bother, just different, and I was curious as to whether or not others have "hang" of the throttle/RPM when shifting. I don't think I've observed it in the thousands of videos and I don't remember the car doing that on it's own.
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It's not normal. The only car I have ever had rev hang on was my Z06 with a light weight flywheel and big cam.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's not normal. The only car I have ever had rev hang on was my Z06 with a light weight flywheel and big cam.
This doesn't seem mechanical, it seems deliberate and tune/computer and the tuner is saying he can see the provisions in the tune. He asked me if I wanted to turn it off. I just don't remember it being there before. Maybe it was and it was less pronounced because of the clutch/flywheel. I have a lighter flywheel now and a MUCH lighter (and smaller radius) clutch. Maybe it's exaggerating the feature.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
mine was bad after one Lund tune, one email to them fixed it.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
mine was bad after one Lund tune, one email to them fixed it.
Agreed but I'm asking if it's part of Ford's tune. I just don't ever remember it doing that. My tuner said he could turn it off as well. I just didn't think Ford did any sort of rev-shift assistance (up or down) prior to 2019. Just curious.

I don't mind an autoblip or rev match for down shifts, but I don't need any assistance on upshifting, it almost makes it dangerous now with the car making so much torque. I can get used to it and adjust my foot accordingly, but when I'm just putting around, I don't need it to hang the rpms granny shifting into 4th gear on a 35 mph street

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Agreed but I'm asking if it's part of Ford's tune. I just don't ever remember it doing that. My tuner said he could turn it off as well. I just didn't think Ford did any sort of rev-shift assistance (up or down) prior to 2019. Just curious.

I don't mind an autoblip or rev match for down shifts, but I don't need any assistance on upshifting, it almost makes it dangerous now with the car making so much torque. I can get used to it and adjust my foot accordingly, but when I'm just putting around, I don't need it to hang the rpms granny shifting into 4th gear on a 35 mph street
i have zero objective data/proof, but the feeling your describing was not there until my lund tune. most noticeable at highway speeds and lazy shifting, it was too many rpm for the next gear.

they mentioned they could turn it off...but seems they also turned it on lol
Sponsored