Thatvwas a horrible feeling...missed shift and hit rev limiter

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
First time missing 3rd..stayed in neutral...went to hit the gas for a split second and it jumped past redline....happened so fast think I hit like 8600 or 8700 rpm but not exactly sure just know the needle was in the red... any idea where the rev limiter is on these cars?

Was only up there for a split second... have driven it 15 or 20 miles since....no knocking so guessing that is good

Sorry gt350 newbie and know the redline so high all ready....I felt bad after
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
First time missing 3rd..stayed in neutral...went to hit the gas for a split second and it jumped past redline....happened so fast think I hit like 8600 or 8700 rpm but not exactly sure just know the needle was in the red... any idea where the rev limiter is on these cars?

Was only up there for a split second... have driven it 15 or 20 miles since....no knocking so guessing that is good

Congrats on making the old girl sing :)

8250 rpm unless your limiter has been removed via a tune. Youā€™re totally fine. I regularly bounce off the rev limiter on track (along with many many others.). No need to worry.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I think you may have fucked it up...

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

As long that the rear wheels do not mechanically over revs the engine ( as in downshifting to the wrong gears) the electronic red line control will do its job without any damages to the engine

Sponsored

OP
OP

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Congrats on making the old girl sing :)

8250 rpm unless your limiter has been removed via a tune. Youā€™re totally fine. I regularly bounce off the rev limiter on track (along with many many others.). No need to worry.
Thank you....and thank you to the others that have responded as well.... yes...I definitely like to make her sing....I didn't buy thus thing to stare at it in the garage.... lol

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Surprising you hit that high of RPM.
Iā€˜ve hit the limiter a few times and never thought I went that high. That said Iā€™ve not done it in neutral.
I wouldā€™t worry about it budā€¦.Enjoy your great car!

Last edited:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
As long that the rear wheels do not mechanically over revs the engine ( as in downshifting to the wrong gears) the electronic red line control will do its job without any damages to the engine
my friend did this in my 95 5.0 5spd. totally different car and trans, i get that, but i still wanted kick him right out of the moving car. he was trying to shift from 3rd to 4th and put it into 2nd :explode:
Sponsored