Sponsored

Return Style system

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So when do you get fuel at 1/4 tank or half a tank?
I drive it normally til about a 1/4 but have occasionally gone a little below that. If im racing its a little over 1/2 always.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Not talking crap, but this is precisely why I said I look forward to what @Angrey comes up with. Reason I say that is that what if I'm cruising and someone rolls up on me, if I'm in between half a tank and empty, do I chance the race? Knowing what little I know of this stuff and the info posted here, I wouldn't, which would make me look like a poser, lol, (for lack of a better phrase)

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I hear ya, was just offering up a hypothetical.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Not talking crap, but this is precisely why I said I look forward to what @Angrey comes up with. Reason I say that is that what if I'm cruising and someone rolls up on me, if I'm in between half a tank and empty, do I chance the race? Knowing what little I know of this stuff and the info posted here, I wouldn't, which would make me look like a poser, lol, (for lack of a better phrase)
I went 8.60's in our car with a 1/4 tank of E85 running our triple return system with all 3 pumps running full time. Not saying that I recommend people to go do the same but this stuff has been gone over since the Coyote platform started in 2011. Funny though how one member on the board who has nothing to offer as far as an actual product goes has everyone worked up over nothing. I guess that's the theme of 2020.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man “Fuel pump lives matter”... lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I'm going to run both pumps. I was more looking to see if anyone had tried running the Lethal staged and what their experience was. After reading about the faulty switch and Rob (my tuner) recommended running both pumps, I'm just going to run it as is and see how that goes. Thanks for the advice and thinking it through with me.
Yeah.. running both is EXACTLY what I said, yet you chose to insult me instead. Have a t-rif day.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I went 8.60's in our car with a 1/4 tank of E85 running our triple return system with all 3 pumps running full time. Not saying that I recommend people to go do the same but this stuff has been gone over since the Coyote platform started in 2011. Funny though how one member on the board who has nothing to offer as far as an actual product goes has everyone worked up over nothing. I guess that's the theme of 2020.
That's the entire point. There's a world of difference between being capable of running a single trip down a drag strip and driving from Miami to Orlando without having to stop every 50 miles to refuel for fear of starving out the pumps.

There's a difference between "streetable" or even daily driveable and works at the drag strip.

To each their own. I wasn't satisfied with the current limitations or concerns. I highly doubt you'd take a left handed circle onramp and flog it on the exit with 1/4 tank.

Can the current systems work? Sure, are they optimal or function under ALL or even most conditions? No.

There's a REASON fuel systems come with a bucket. Ditching the bucket is fine if all we cared about was a single pass at the drag strip (or we're fine with having to be concerned anytime we run the tank lower than 1/2.

You said it yourself "not saying that I recommend people to go do the same" Why would you say that? Because you know that there's concern the system has limitations.

I want to be able to drive the car, flog it when I want and not have to worry about whether it's safe or okay based upon the fuel level (just like we do with an OEM returnless). I don't think that's an unreasonable desire or an unworthy goal.

It's crazy how people see anyone who thinks there's a better way as an affront or an assault. The entire car enthusiast community is based upon people and companies who said "we can do better."

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
And not for nothing, I posted a video where Fore basically lays out why running all pumps all the time is a bad idea. But everyone just says "what the hell does that guy know?" It's as if Whipple said to do something a certain way and everyone said "screw them, the vendor and the tuner know better."

I get real world empirical experience. I get it CAN work (as long as you never do x, y, z......etc). I'm trying to eliminate the "as long as you don't" portion or get it down to something much more streetable/daily drivable.

Why would anyone see that as a bad thing?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the entire point. There's a world of difference between being capable of running a single trip down a drag strip and driving from Miami to Orlando without having to stop every 50 miles to refuel for fear of starving out the pumps.

There's a difference between "streetable" or even daily driveable and works at the drag strip.

To each their own. I wasn't satisfied with the current limitations or concerns. I highly doubt you'd take a left handed circle onramp and flog it on the exit with 1/4 tank.

Can the current systems work? Sure, are they optimal or function under ALL or even most conditions? No.

There's a REASON fuel systems come with a bucket. Ditching the bucket is fine if all we cared about was a single pass at the drag strip (or we're fine with having to be concerned anytime we run the tank lower than 1/2.

You said it yourself "not saying that I recommend people to go do the same" Why would you say that? Because you know that there's concern the system has limitations.

I want to be able to drive the car, flog it when I want and not have to worry about whether it's safe or okay based upon the fuel level (just like we do with an OEM returnless). I don't think that's an unreasonable desire or an unworthy goal.

It's crazy how people see anyone who thinks there's a better way as an affront or an assault. The entire car enthusiast community is based upon people and companies who said "we can do better."
I drove the same car on E85 with 3 pumps running full time from Wellington to Tampa. Not a single issue and that's not a short drive.

As far as me saying that I don't recommend that to all it was in regards to running 8.60's on a 1/4 of E85 making 1100rwhp. Hope that clarifies my statement.

Lastly,
When you post that all of the current proven offerings will be obsolete once your imaginary system is released you will receive a response. I don't have an issue with you being creative, having an opinion or coming up with something new but before you make comments about other companies products you should probably have done testing on your own stuff first. :beer:

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And not for nothing, I posted a video where Fore basically lays out why running all pumps all the time is a bad idea. But everyone just says "what the hell does that guy know?" It's as if Whipple said to do something a certain way and everyone said "screw them, the vendor and the tuner know better."

I get real world empirical experience. I get it CAN work (as long as you never do x, y, z......etc). I'm trying to eliminate the "as long as you don't" portion or get it down to something much more streetable/daily drivable.

Why would anyone see that as a bad thing?
The thing is that you don't have any experience at this point just an opinion. As of now we've seen nothing from you in regards to an actual product, testing or anything. You should start with an avatar for your profile, become a sponsored vendor if you'd like to sell products here like the rest of us and then work your way up from there.

OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea really didn't want this to turn into a pissing match. I like the Lethal System that's why I bought it. I asked a simple question looking for open discussion and feedback on the Lethal system. Wonderful thing about capitalism, think you can build a better system....go build it and sell it.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea really didn't want this to turn into a pissing match. I like the Lethal System that's why I bought it. I asked a simple question looking for open discussion and feedback on the Lethal system. Wonderful thing about capitalism, think you can build a better system....go build it and sell it.
It's all good. We appreciate your business and support. If there's anything we can help you with going forward just give us a shout.

Thanks!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is that you don't have any experience at this point just an opinion.
You seem to have missed the memo about forum & facebook peeps are much smarter than the companies who designed and tested the hell outta these systems. Haha.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I drove the same car on E85 with 3 pumps running full time from Wellington to Tampa. Not a single issue and that's not a short drive.

As far as me saying that I don't recommend that to all it was in regards to running 8.60's on a 1/4 of E85 making 1100rwhp. Hope that clarifies my statement.

Lastly,
When you post that all of the current proven offerings will be obsolete once your imaginary system is released you will receive a response. I don't have an issue with you being creative, having an opinion or coming up with something new but before you make comments about other companies products you should probably have done testing on your own stuff first. :beer:
Because I've spoken with them. Virtually all of them. At length. Fore said the BKS won't fit. He knows the current systems have much to be desired. He said the market is a few months away. Fuelab said "we already did it 10 years ago and no one bought it." (they offered an 1800 hp, in tank brushless system with a bucket, full OEM compatibility, etc for the 2005-2011. They don't offer it now because they haven't done the R&D to make it work with a canted bucket, cause they felt like they wasted time and effort a decade ago). Aeromotive said they're very interested in a better system and completely agree, but again, they're more there to support the trailer queen crowd than the full daily driver crowd. They just came out with their own hat/hanger but they're months away from an in tank brushless system. They don't see the demand. And they have plenty of brushless offerings via in line and full on race cell setups. Radium is the most interested and I suspect they'll be the first one to market with a fully integrated/kit in tank brushless setup for the S550.

What I'm saying is, they all know the current offerings are all pigs with lipstick, but because everyone in the market has basically laid down and said "well, I guess that's the best we can do, just don't run it below 1/2 tank" they all don't see the ROI on their time to make a better system. AND again, they're busy selling full on race kit, instead of stuff that works for daily drivers.

At some point, someone was told "you can have it soft and pliable for a nice ride but it won't handle for shit, or you can have it stiff and harsh and it'll ride like shit but it'll grip like hell, but you can't have both." And out of that, came all sorts of modern suspension solutions that close that gap. And I'm sure that guy too caught hell for demanding something better.
Sponsored