'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did I not mention lower capacity pumps ? :rolleyes:
Who's running twin staged setups on lower capacity pumps? (it's rhetorical, no one). The factory system(s) now are quite capable up to the point where a Fore type setup is required. So you're comment doesn't really apply to anyone.

But to concede, yes, if you were to spend the money on a twin setup but somehow decide to go with puny pumps, then I guess running them both at full load all the time would be okay.

OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Probably because lethal uses lower capacity pumps. As for heat, you mean fuel pumps heating up? I wouldn't worry about that for a microsecond. But hey.. if you think your smarter than the people who designed it, run it your way. BTW I woulda went Fore Innovations from the get go. Cheers.
Yawn, shouldn't you be in the NA section taking about which Axel back sounds best? I'm looking for input from guys with experience knowledge on the subject not some guy who's pissed off because he lives in his mom's basement.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yawn, shouldn't you be in the NA section taking about which Axel back sounds best? I'm looking for input from guys with experience knowledge on the subject not some guy who's pissed off because he lives in his mom's basement.
Lol. That's the best your can come up with? Hook up your second pump to a boost controller and call it a day BOI.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Op, after all these posts, have you decided what your going to do?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Twin 274 pumps full time. Im not relying on a $5 hobbs switch to make my second pump come on.

We all rely on (5x4) $1.75 wheel lugs to keep our wheels on. you lose a wheel you can lose your life. You lose a pump you lose a motor...

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
We all rely on (5x4) $1.75 wheel lugs to keep our wheels on. you lose a wheel you can lose your life. You lose a pump you lose a motor...
But we have 5 lugs torqued down vs 1 hobbs switch continuously clicking on and off. Sorry not the same. You don't hear of 5 properly tensioned lugs coming loose and having one of you wheels fly off at 80mph but tuners do tell us they don't like to rely on a hobbs switch for proper fuel system operation.

Third pump maybe. But I want my 1 and 2 pumps to be robust enough to take me more of the way up on the powerband.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What it really boils down to is that everything is a risk, there is no risk-free scenario with these cars. Plenty of folks out there using Hobbs switches with no issues. it's an acceptable risk for me.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hi Guys,
My Lethal return system is arriving today and had some questions for you guys. Its a dual pump for now since I'm only around 750whp. I was thinking of running only 1 pump constantly and putting the second pump on the switch as soon as boost comes in. I know there are some concerns with pump failure, but is that really a big concern? Also will I get enough fuel on E85 with just 1 pump when not in boost? My thought process is the car is mostly street driven and I would like to avoid the extra heat (especially when running 93) and also unnecessarily sending extra fuel around in circles.
Run both pumps full time is what we recommend. If it was a triple pump setup you could do the same running them full time or running the 3rd on a Hobbs switch.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I don't know why anyone is overthinking this. For a two pump setup run both all the time. Keep your tank over 1/4 tank would be my basic recommendation to keep the pumps fed and cool.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I don't know why anyone is overthinking this. For a two pump setup run both all the time. Keep your tank over 1/4 tank would be my basic recommendation to keep the pumps fed and cool.
Exactly.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Because its easier to contradict the tuner and the parts seller, since "I know best" so you can later say "fuckin toon" when your rods join the spaceX program.

OP
OP

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Op, after all these posts, have you decided what your going to do?
Yes I'm going to run both pumps. I was more looking to see if anyone had tried running the Lethal staged and what their experience was. After reading about the faulty switch and Rob (my tuner) recommended running both pumps, I'm just going to run it as is and see how that goes. Thanks for the advice and thinking it through with me.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because its easier to contradict the tuner and the parts seller, since "I know best" so you can later say "fuckin toon" when your rods join the spaceX program.
So when do you get fuel at 1/4 tank or half a tank?
Sponsored