Sponsored

Return Style system

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Also remember to check your fuel filter...
5903B6CB-D065-4286-8442-0BC17747477E.jpeg
4F507C9C-6BEF-4C2A-8E51-59BC3E087129.jpeg
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Holy crap.

Why aren't you running a steel or glass filter?

Radium offers a micro mesh steel that allegedly filters to 10 micron, but I've seen several people say that Injector Dynamics won't warranty any issues if you're not running micro glass. I find it hard to believe there's an appreciable difference in fuel quality between 10 microns and 6 microns filtration, but I'm planning on micro glass.

Radium says the published literature on replacement is way over protective, but the microglass filters aren't serviceable (and their micro mesh steel can be backwashed or sonic/vibe bathed).

The Fuelab microglass filters have roughly the same recommended replacement interval and I haven't decided which version I'll go with it. Fuelab offers a high flow integral check valve, and most of the others you need an add on check valve. Not an issue if you run pumps with an internal check but should help maintaining pressure for less grumpy starts.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Holy crap.

Why aren't you running a steel or glass filter?

Radium offers a micro mesh steel that allegedly filters to 10 micron, but I've seen several people say that Injector Dynamics won't warranty any issues if you're not running micro glass. I find it hard to believe there's an appreciable difference in fuel quality between 10 microns and 6 microns filtration, but I'm planning on micro glass.

Radium says the published literature on replacement is way over protective, but the microglass filters aren't serviceable (and their micro mesh steel can be backwashed or sonic/vibe bathed).

The Fuelab microglass filters have roughly the same recommended replacement interval and I haven't decided which version I'll go with it. Fuelab offers a high flow integral check valve, and most of the others you need an add on check valve. Not an issue if you run pumps with an internal check but should help maintaining pressure for less grumpy starts.
The picture of the filter is from last September when it first happened. Cleaned it back then and had planned to check it again ... but did not .

the log is from a pass 2 weeks ago . Ran a 9.7@147 on first shake down pass and pressure was good .
The log is from the second pass when I launched hard .. I could tell it something was up on the back half .. ran a 9.6@ only 143.. should have been a 9.4/9.3 pass .
I pulled the fuse to each pump and both are on line so I am assuming it’s the filter again but not looked yet .
It’s a stainless steel filter .
41F65A58-0C8B-4233-A424-DAD9C172CDE9.png
51DEA27D-36A0-42BD-88C4-8A59FA9EA546.jpeg
54EF4EAC-2806-43F0-9A46-11D9FB946306.jpeg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a new but based on what you said may be I should switch to the micro glass ?

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I ordered a new but based on what you said may be I should switch to the micro glass ?
I honestly don't know, I'm going off what others have recommended. Some people have said it doesn't matter but others who've had issues with ID have said the first thing they ask is what filter.

Like I said, I doubt there's a measurable difference between 10 micron and 6 micron pass through, but the micro stainless at least allows service.

Radium said their filters are big enough that it shouldn't need replacing the microglass for several thousand miles (he just said a very very long time).

The replacements are like $35. So I think I'll just get the glass and check it with every oil change. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be an often deal. But 6 micron filtration is definitely gonna pick up more junk..

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, it's so dirty it looked like paper:)

What's causing so much gunk?
No idea .
I typically only fill at the Meir gas station but I went out of town and filled up at the “family something “ station ...the week before this happened .

Do you know where I can get a micro glass filter in that size ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These look like they might work .
18D9CAC9-0FAD-4E78-AAD1-EEB2071D854B.png

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No idea .
I typically only fill at the Meir gas station but I went out of town and filled up at the “family something “ station ...the week before this happened .

Do you know where I can get a micro glass filter in that size ?
http://www.radiumauto.com/High-Flow-Fuel-Filters-P846.aspx
https://fuelab.com/product-category/filters/in-line-filters/828-series-in-line-filters/
https://fuelab.com/product-category...eries-high-flow-integrated-filtercheck-valve/

Both are pretty comparable in size and price when you factor in the Radium kit doesn't come with fittings (you have to add on). Fuelab also offers 2 versions, one with a check valve and one without. Radium doesn't offer an integrated version, you have to add on an external checkvalve.

Both are cheaper if you search the desired part number and purchase through a vendor.

Radium offers a radiator style mount (for heat dissipation and cooling), but they haven't done any testing and admitted it was mainly meant as a protective housing for exposed locations than any sort of real fuel cooling. I doubt the cooling effect is all that significant, but it's a sturdy mount/protector.

Seems like the replacements are pretty similarly cost between the two. I haven't researched Aeromotive's filter offerings all that much. I'm sure there's probably cheaper versions out there of glass, but Radium and Fuelab have both flow tested their units extensively so that's why I've looked at them.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://www.radiumauto.com/High-Flow-Fuel-Filters-P846.aspx
https://fuelab.com/product-category/filters/in-line-filters/828-series-in-line-filters/
https://fuelab.com/product-category...eries-high-flow-integrated-filtercheck-valve/

Both are pretty comparable in size and price when you factor in the Radium kit doesn't come with fittings (you have to add on). Fuelab also offers 2 versions, one with a check valve and one without. Radium doesn't offer an integrated version, you have to add on an external checkvalve.

Both are cheaper if you search the desired part number and purchase through a vendor.

Radium offers a radiator style mount (for heat dissipation and cooling), but they haven't done any testing and admitted it was mainly meant as a protective housing for exposed locations than any sort of real fuel cooling. I doubt the cooling effect is all that significant, but it's a sturdy mount/protector.

Seems like the replacements are pretty similarly cost between the two. I haven't researched Aeromotive's filter offerings all that much. I'm sure there's probably cheaper versions out there of glass, but Radium and Fuelab have both flow tested their units extensively so that's why I've looked at them.
thanks man .
I ordered just the micro glass filter element .
I will see if it fits but it looks similar to the DW steel one I ordered which is a direct replacement.
76C00E01-92C5-4548-9FEB-68A46C178B79.png
B750D444-C8C3-4354-93AA-956C08DD8774.png