Sponsored

Resonator delete, tips and tricks...

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I should have bought one of these years ago.
Me too. I used a sawzall and while it worked fine, this would have probably been cleaner and easier.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
OK - I know this is resonator delete is a very common mod but I am wondering - what is the goal of it? More power, better sound, less restrictive exhaust, something completely different? I apologize if this is a completely stupid question! 😎 I have been debating some minor exhaust mods to my car but I feel the stock GT setup sounds pretty decent - it's definitely no GT350!

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Its mainly for sound, especially those of us with active exhaust.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well to close the loop on my earlier post… turns out I had the damn x pipe flipped upside down. For anyone going the LTH route it definitely is the case that it only fits one way. The step out at the rear should be on the driver side. Somehow I misinterpreted some instructions and had it on the passenger side. Let me tell you getting that thing back off was a real PITA!

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Hey dpAtlanta, great pictures! I like the way you did your delete. Did the muffler shop open up both ends of the two pipes to slip them over the OEM pipes then weld? Curious why you did not remove the heat shield from the back portion of the OEM pipe to prevent rattling, and/ or reweld the entire heat shield back on the deleted portion? Have you seen any performance issues, loss of HP/torque? How's the tone comparison (before and after)? Any droning at cruising speed? I was going to do my delete using a replacement 3" X pipe but now I might go the route you have taken.
Sorry for the late reply… I had not been back to this thread since I posted.
The shop slipped the pipes over the factory pipes and started welding;
I don’t remember if he flared the ends before installation.
The heat shield was removed. He cut it off and it was scrapped. It can be seen in the 2nd photo, and it is missing from the 3rd and 4th photos.
I have not noticed any performance improvements.
The exhaust note is the same in quite mode which is rarely ever used; it has a more aggressive tone with more burbles and babbles on deceleration.
There is ZERO drone what so ever…!!!

Two years and 31,000 miles later, and I have no regrets. The exhaust note on this VooDoo kept me from putting a deposit down on a 2022 718 GT4 last month.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I just swapped out the clamps that came with my LTH delete (which weren’t sealing all that great) for a pair of these lap joint clamps. Not perfect but definitely sealed up much better (less condensation weeping) and looks pretty clean once installed if you rotate the bolts up high.

3B2AA78F-203E-434B-BF47-51FE14A51802.jpeg

9DFEF477-AF8A-4322-8AAC-7025703CF1C8.jpeg

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I just swapped out the clamps that came with my LTH delete (which weren’t sealing all that great) for a pair of these lap joint clamps. Not perfect but definitely sealed up much better (less condensation weeping) and looks pretty clean once installed if you rotate the bolts up high.

3B2AA78F-203E-434B-BF47-51FE14A51802.jpeg

9DFEF477-AF8A-4322-8AAC-7025703CF1C8.jpeg
how much and where did you get them?

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I had trouble getting the rear pipes to slip into the delete pipes. I already had the rear diffuser removed for a tow hook installation. I found using a rubber mallet on the hangers on either side of the rear end was just the ticket. You can easily see how far the pipes need to go by looking at the witness marks on the hangers.
Sponsored