SchnellGT350

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Well have a LTH X-Pipe on order. Plan to have the factory piece modified to allow it to bolt right back up if I change my mind.
Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Well have a LTH X-Pipe on order. Plan to have the factory piece modified to allow it to bolt right back up if I change my mind.
Donā€™t think youā€™ll have anything to worry about. I have that exact piece and love it. Almost the same sound in normal mode and about 20%? louder in sport mode at around town driving speeds. A fair amount of pops between shifts and decel but not so much as to be annoying.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
All of it, no. not a chance. They don't "catch" as you call it, all even when the powerplant is running correctly. If they did, there would be zero unburnt hydrocarbons coming out the tail pipes.
EPA/carb care about the test loop outcome, nothing more.
They don't run a high load, and then slam the throttle shut, engine braking. and such.
One must remember the oem's those cats need to last 100 thousand miles under warranty. anything that adds more unburnt hydrocarbons to run through then shortens their life.
Ford would not spend the money on the part it self, and the R&D if it was not needed. Louder= faster sound waves, faster sound waves = more pull on the cyl exit=scaveging.
All this = more un burnt hydrocarbons getting to the converter that the system was designed to allow to make it past the EPA MANDATED warranty period.
oem's don't install parts if they don't need too, never have, never wil.
Dumb... the GT350R has the same engine and exhaust config, minus resonators. They arent "needed", they were made and added to the non-R model to give the car a little more subtle tone and less drone on the roads for those who will drive it daily. Maybe think a little bit?

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Dumb... the GT350R has the same engine and exhaust config, minus resonators. They arent "needed", they were made and added to the non-R model to give the car a little more subtle tone and less drone on the roads for those who will drive it daily. Maybe think a little bit?
Speak for yourself. The guy you're responding to not only hasn't been on this site for 18 months, he's also been banned. :giggle:

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Speak for yourself. The guy you're responding to not only hasn't been on this site for 18 months, he's also been banned. :giggle:
Thanks captain obvious, I couldn't tell by the giant "BANNED". If forums were only meant to be useful the week of the post, they would delete all posts after a week. Yet, here I am, on my second GT350's resonator delete. And i still managed to come across this thread on google. The comment wasn't meant for him, it was meant for others who may be considering the work and looking for info. The shot I took at him was to illustrate why a person should feel comfortable deleting their resonators. But for people like you who can only see 1 inch in front of their face, maybe think a little.

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Yeah, we were all just dying to have you educate us on a topic that no one has posted in since September 2021.
šŸ˜‚

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
You talk crap, yet youre here monitoring and replying to an "old" post on a topic apprently no one cares about, especially you. Grow a brain and get a life maybe? I mean how much time is in your day that you take the time to reply to an aged thread you don't care about, and you werent even personally addressed? Weak bum energy.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Thanks captain obvious, I couldn't tell by the giant "BANNED". If forums were only meant to be useful the week of the post, they would delete all posts after a week. Yet, here I am, on my second GT350's resonator delete. And i still managed to come across this thread on google. The comment wasn't meant for him, it was meant for others who may be considering the work and looking for info. The shot I took at him was to illustrate why a person should feel comfortable deleting their resonators. But for people like you who can only see 1 inch in front of their face, maybe think a little.
Slow it down a little, Boss. The information would be a little more helpful without the attitude.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Slow it down a little, Boss. The information would be a little more helpful without the attitude.
Eh you may be right. But imo, when someone with attitude comes onto forum where people ask questions for information and/or help, then proceeds to give horrible (and untrue) information or advice, that post, including the OP and the information shared, should be met with a little hostility. As shown by the fact the guy was banned. Ive driven about 60k miles in my two GT350s and can probably talk about the subject with at least a little smidgen of knowledge.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eh you may be right. But imo, when someone with attitude comes onto forum where people ask questions for information and/or help, then proceeds to give horrible (and untrue) information or advice, that post, including the OP and the information shared, should be met with a little hostility. As shown by the fact the guy was banned. Ive driven about 60k miles in my two GT350s and can probably talk about the subject with at least a little smidgen of knowledge.
For the record, I agree with you that the resonatorā€™s primary purpose is to moderate the exhaust tone/volume. I just think you can say that without being rude. Carry on.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Your entire response/attitude makes any advice you give sus.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then as with anything, don't take it if you feel that way. Or tell me the information is wrong.
Letā€™s press the reset button. A cursory read of your posting history leads me to believe youā€™re a good guy with more than a little experience and knowledge.

I have the resonator delete on my Shelby. I love it and would do it again. No downside.
Sponsored