Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Hello!

I just picked up a 2018 mustang GT. 7500 miles. Unfortunately the original owner failed to save the window sticker. I did not know if you could go to a local Ford dealer and provide them the Vin number and get essentially a copy of it. I would like to complete a booklet to hold that information along with maintenance records and modifications as I keep it through the years. Any advice?
Sponsored

Drewgamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium
Hopefully this is not too off-topic, but I'm curious what the fascination with window stickers is?
Not meant as an insult, genuinely curious. Is it like a scrapbook/memory book sort of thing or for some other reason?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hopefully this is not too off-topic, but I'm curious what the fascination with window stickers is?
Not meant as an insult, genuinely curious. Is it like a scrapbook/memory book sort of thing or for some other reason?
It's just nice to have. It's an identifier for your car and all the features it was equipped with. I bought mine new and saved mine just as a novelty thing.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No insult taken, it’s a legit question. For some of us it’s a historical record of your car. And we do silly stuff like this.

2D1A5393-1EA7-4429-8F6B-FAD96F48D5C2.jpeg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
No insult taken, it’s a legit question. For some of us it’s a historical record of your car. And we do silly stuff like this.

2D1A5393-1EA7-4429-8F6B-FAD96F48D5C2.jpeg
That's cool! I have my window sticker and build sheet from the trunk of the car. I may frame them both.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Your lucky if you have one, It’s worth 10 whp and your guaranteed not to get the bbq tick :sunglasses:

Joking aside, I have mine, but I’ve not even got my car yet - I know which one I would rather have ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
In selling these cars a real window sticker can impress buyers,giving the impression of your care for the car.whenever I sell a performance car I always have window sticker. Of course when I sold my 65 gto 3 years ago having the sticker really helped.

YoungGT18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!

I just picked up a 2018 mustang GT. 7500 miles. Unfortunately the original owner failed to save the window sticker. I did not know if you could go to a local Ford dealer and provide them the Vin number and get essentially a copy of it. I would like to complete a booklet to hold that information along with maintenance records and modifications as I keep it through the years. Any advice?
I too bought a used 2018 last November....my dealership printed me out a window sticker.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I laughed when I closed on it, the dealer gave me a 'mini' window sticker photo copy as well in case I wanted to preserve the real one. Still have them both View attachment 490724

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have my window sticker and build sheet from the trunk of the car.
Where in the trunk is the build sheet? Just curious. Wasn't aware of that on newer cars. Thank you.

As far as having the window sticker, besides all the original equipment (which sometimes is not easy to tell, like MagneRide), it also has other relevant information, including build date (although 'hidden'). I'm not the kind who frame that stuff, but it can be very useful on resale. I have both the .pdf and original.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Where in the trunk is the build sheet? Just curious. Wasn't aware of that on newer cars. Thank you.

As far as having the window sticker, besides all the original equipment (which sometimes is not easy to tell, like MagneRide), it also has other relevant information, including build date (although 'hidden'). I'm not the kind who frame that stuff, but it can be very useful on resale. I have both the .pdf and original.
It's just two sheets of paper that I found under the trunk, where the spare tire used to be in cars. Here's what mine look like.
20200721_171105.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nice find. Nothing on my car, so maybe some dealers remove them, since yours is also a 2019.