AngelsofVerdun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base w/ PP1 & 6 SPD
EDIT: Imagine that, I read the listing and found:

"For 2011-2014 S197's IMRC lock out is required and 2015-2017 S550's may retain IMRC with a custom tune."

Hey, guys. I have the IMRC issue on my 2015 Mustang; I think. All of my symptoms certainly indicate this is the issue. Now I have a question about a part I found on Steeda.

https://www.steeda.com/ford-jr3z-9424-a-mustang-2018-intake-manifold

Should I be safe to put this IM on instead? Would I require a tune of any sort? I see that people claim it bumps the redline of the car, so I am hesitant to think it could be a "plug-n-play" install.

Also, as a side-note--CarMax cannot look at the car until Tuesday. Do you guys suppose it is safe to drive my car until then? I haven't experienced any super rough mechanical behavior so far.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
EDIT: Imagine that, I read the listing and found:

"For 2011-2014 S197's IMRC lock out is required and 2015-2017 S550's may retain IMRC with a custom tune."

Hey, guys. I have the IMRC issue on my 2015 Mustang; I think. All of my symptoms certainly indicate this is the issue. Now I have a question about a part I found on Steeda.

https://www.steeda.com/ford-jr3z-9424-a-mustang-2018-intake-manifold

Should I be safe to put this IM on instead? Would I require a tune of any sort? I see that people claim it bumps the redline of the car, so I am hesitant to think it could be a "plug-n-play" install.

Also, as a side-note--CarMax cannot look at the car until Tuesday. Do you guys suppose it is safe to drive my car until then? I haven't experienced any super rough mechanical behavior so far.
The 18 manifold requires a custom tune and you can try to use pigtails to get the IMRC's working. Some tuners will tell you to just lock them out from the start, others will try to tune it. The tuner is what bumps your redline up in the car, not the manifold itself. The 18 manifold is way better than the 15-17 manifold and if you're already having an issue with that one, I would just do the upgrade and tune it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
The car still currently idles rough; I think the code will persist.
The p0300/p0306 code for a Gen 2 coyote is almost always a broken IMRC shaft. The gen 2 intake is known for having the shaft crack, causing the IMRC valves to actuate different on both banks.

That being said, simply throwing on a IMRC lockout plate will not fix your issue.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Mine was broken on the drivers side. Lots of fault codes probably the same as you I have an old battery.

I swapped coil packs and installed new plugs and still had misfire codes after resetting with a drive cycle. As soon as I got the manifold off I could see the actuator was not working. 46k miles on it.

My new 16 manifold should be here tomorrow. I'm putting on a power pack 2 so I didnt want to get another tune.
Sponsored