Sponsored

Remove decals to decrease cops attention, sleeper, etc? Will the m1 become a collector? You think people would want w/without decals? Real hood vents?

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
I think Hack nailed it as far as collectibility. I do think you’re starting to see EV pushback from the traditional manufacturers, Toyota has already said no, they’ll stick with hybrids. GM is scaling back, Ford is taking big losses in EV, etc.

So, if ICE sticks around I think there’s a chance the Mach’s could be collectible. Just look at the cars of the 60’s and 70’s. It may take 50 years, and as Hack also mentions, you’re better using the market or other investments as actual investments over that time frame.

You mention catch cans OP. Are they really necessary? NA, street driving. No not really. But it does keep that oil vapor out of the intake even though the PI does keep everything clean. Fairly inexpensive way of protecting your intake/motor IMO. I eventually decided to get one with my Ford points.

Just enjoy your car without worry of attracting attention. As long as you don’t drive like a moron, you’ll be fine. Even though the car enthusiast crowd seems to be dwindling, Mustangs are still attention grabbers, they stand out in a sea of SUV’s that all look the same. Embrace it and enjoy it!
Sponsored

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
I agree, Hack hit it on the head.

I LOVE mine and plan to drive & enjoy it as much as my previous GT. Am I hoping Ford waits another 17 years before producing another Mach 1…. Of course

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Congrats on your new ride! Get a good radar detector and be selective with your spirited driving habits. I would keep the decals. It’s part of its “character”. Assume it’s not a collector car. Most of the value is in the enjoyment of the car. Track it, show it, drag it, drive it through scenic winding roads.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
For reference, 20 years later, if a collector wants to buy an '03-'04 Mach 1, not having the decals is generally noted as a deficit. This is my opinion, based on looking at social media posts on forums and for sale posts. That said, I know people who hated the hood and rocker decals, removing them not long after getting their cars.

Personally, I think they are color coordinated and therefore part of the visual design of the Mach 1.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I just bought my 2022 MACH 1!
10sp. With all the options.
I hate attracting cops!
I want to blend in.
What do you think about removing all the decals and badges plus in minuses?
any point to making the two hood scoops actual vents? Would it make any difference in keeping the engine actually cooler or did the designers keep them closed/fake for function and performance reasons?
Anything else worth changing or gathering parts for a known weakness in the car?
Your Invitation thoughts?
Thank you.
My GT doesn't attract cops. Trade with me so we can see if it's the car, or the driver. 😜

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I just bought my 2022 MACH 1!
10sp. With all the options.
I hate attracting cops!
I want to blend in.
What do you think about removing all the decals and badges plus in minuses?
any point to making the two hood scoops actual vents? Would it make any difference in keeping the engine actually cooler or did the designers keep them closed/fake for function and performance reasons?
Anything else worth changing or gathering parts for a known weakness in the car?
Your Invitation thoughts?
Thank you.
Other than the hood decal, the side stripes are pretty inconspicuous, and the hood decal only stands out on light color Mach1's and even then its not in your face.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'd have taken a gt350 because Chewbacca gargling is an experience
I tend to agree.

I'll add that it's not only Chewbacca gargling, but it's Chewbacca Gargling with the Ford Philharmonic 32-Valve Flat Plane Orchestra.

We don't have the fabulous torque on the low end that you Mach1 owners do, but we do get the torque later. I was able to drive both and the Mach1 is impressive.

I do love Chewbacca's vocals, however.

Both GREAT cars... Thanks Ford Performance...!!!!!!!!!!

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Everone knows decals add 10 HP.

Seriously though, the graphics looks fantastic on these cars. Not sure why anyone would take them off. That would most certainly NOT help collectabilty, if it ever becomes a thing.

Fun fact, cops can't see the hood decal from behind you. 😉

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 visually, is pretty discrete... Only Mustang fans really see the difference. The exhaust gets some attention, but so many 'Stangs are loud as hell anyways.
No offense, but most people, including cops don't know the difference between an Eco-boost and a Mach-1 as it drives by. No matter what stickers are on it.
Especially in Florida, or anywhere else where rental convertibles are a dime-a-dozen

Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 visually, is pretty discrete... Only Mustang fans really see the difference. The exhaust gets some attention, but so many 'Stangs are loud(er) as hell anyways.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
[/QUOTE]
After two years I have only had two encounters with law enforcement. The first I would say had something to do with the "Race Red Mach 1 look". The cop followed me home 2.5 miles down rural county roads with several 4 way stops, 35 to 45 mph speed limits. I pulled into my garage and he parked on the curb, walked up my driveway, confronted me as I walked around the back of my car asking "are you OK"? When I replied Yes,why did you follow me? He said "is there a reason you do jackrabbit starts at every stop sign"? I said no I didn't think I was. He turned on his heel and said "you need to be more careful". ??????? No need for me to comment any further wanting to avoid a possible escalation with an angry public servant in front of my house.
The second time I was doing 64 MPH in a 35 MPH zone, the Mach had nothing to do with it.
Wondering how the small town law enforcement will react to the Yellow C8 that's on the way?

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wondering how the small town law enforcement will react to the Yellow C8 that's on the way?
As long as you have your jorts and white New Balance on, you’re good 🤣