OP

Nardly

Reaction score
First Name
Nard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 in Twister Orange ordered
Please post pictures when y
For some reason the white border just does not pop like the red border on the black or silver cars. I asked for a delete on the stripes and was told that was not an option. Mine is Velocity Blue and I don't believe that the stipes will add anything to the looks of the car (in a positive way). BTW, the Twister Orange examples that I've seen on this website all look great!
I agree, the black and silver do pop w/red border and red brake calipers. I wonder if they could be removed without damaging the paint?

Advertisement

Joe B.

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when my buddy ordered his copper color '80 Trans Am without the bird on the hood and I was like, What, are you nuts? After a while, I saw his point of view.

Charlemagne

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
Mine is Velocity Blue and I don't believe that the stipes will add anything to the looks of the car (in a positive way).
The car looks so much better with the side stripes and hood decals imo. Without it, it's sort of drowned in the one same colour. Regular cars get the fast stripes for those nice contrasts but these take it to a whole another level. Also ordered Velocity Blue and I'm so glad it looks this way cause I wasn't really sure whether to go with or w/o fast stripes on the regular GT, Mach 1 solved it for me.

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I remember when my buddy ordered his copper color '80 Trans Am without the bird on the hood and I was like, What, are you nuts? After a while, I saw his point of view.
I agree. I ordered my '78 WS6 sans chicken.

hbash

Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
For some reason the white border just does not pop like the red border on the black or silver cars. I asked for a delete on the stripes and was told that was not an option. Mine is Velocity Blue and I don't believe that the stipes will add anything to the looks of the car (in a positive way). BTW, the Twister Orange examples that I've seen on this website all look great!
I'm getting the Velocity Blue (someday) and that has the white border, hopefully that will POP.

Dave2013M3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Hate decals on a car...

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The decal looks similar to the hood of the 73 Mach 1. I don’t like the different color border on the 21 decal plus no decal delete. Do it like the 73’s.

6E221ADB-E3CD-48B0-8DE8-06BE2A0A5C2D.jpeg

BBC63E52-3D8B-44CB-8717-860E3817669D.gif
I REALLY feel that for the price of the Mach1 they should have also done the hood to be more of a 70's look. Would have been easy for them to use the 2 reverse scoops to direct more air towards the airbox since it seals on the hood anyway.

ShadesOfBloo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun210 wagon, 92 240SX, 08 Evo, 20 Mustang GT
Last edited:

oregongt350

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack Black, 1967GT Fastback S code, 2020 GT500 Silver & black stripes
The decal looks similar to the hood of the 73 Mach 1. I don’t like the different color border on the 21 decal plus no decal delete. Do it like the 73’s.

6E221ADB-E3CD-48B0-8DE8-06BE2A0A5C2D.jpeg

BBC63E52-3D8B-44CB-8717-860E3817669D.gif
Oh my GOD is that my yellow Mach 1 from 1987, it had slots and a 4 speed.... those were the days

dom418

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Velocity Blue GT PP2, 19 Performance Blue 350R, 18 Orange Fury 350R
Not digging this car at all sorry guys

0wen

Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Turbo (991.1), Maxda MX-5 (ND) 30AE
I ordered the Twister Orange too, wanted something different that popped.
Same here!
It was a very hard decision though - the other colours look really great.

I'm definitely keeping the decals, and I think the more subtle white border works well with the orange as the paint itself is so vibrant.

One thing I'm not so keen on is the revised fender badges.
I don't think they look as good with TO as they did when they were just black.
It can see it works better with other colours, but I'll probably be removing mine.
(assuming it's an EcoBoost fender with no holes punched in it!)

dps

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition - Engine Build 6/24 #2 of the day, Stamped 7/13, Final Production 7/16. Technology Pkg + cover only. The rest stock as wanted. L0176 "Mollie"
Looks like a GT without the hood decals to me - a good looking GT though.

Atlas1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro
Same here!

I'm definitely keeping the decals, and I think the more subtle white border works well with the orange as the paint itself is so vibrant.

It can see it works better with other colours, but I'll probably be removing mine.

That’s my only complaint. On fighter jet gray the black emblems looked great. After seeing one in person last weekend it confirmed to me that I will have to take care of that after delivery. The silver just disappears into the gray paint. Looks fine on the other colors I have seen but I wish Ford had stuck to the original style

Fishtales

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
I think the decals are fine, just wish there were some options. I'd rather 1 and 2 color options. I think the post regarding a GT look alike is valid. Something is needed to differentiate the vehicle from the GT masses.

OP

Nardly

Reaction score
First Name
Nard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 in Twister Orange ordered
Same here!

When Ford first released photos the emblem on the fenders were black. I liked them a lot better.

Advertisement

18 - Vossen Wheels - 1

Advertisement