Recommendations: Rear Speakers in Convertible

setshot50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I am interested to hear what others have done or recommend for a powered pair of rear speakers in a convertible. I have the front stage purchased as well as the sub, but need some rear fill.
Sponsored

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Any set of matching 6.5" coaxial will do.. Preferably same line as your fronts.

I went with the Polk mm line a few years back and extremely happy with them. You can angle the tweeter as desired.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have GTO629's in my coupe, im happy w them, 3 ohm. Got on amazon for like 70 bucks

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Those are 4ohm, if he has a 12 speaker system, his are probably 2ohm stock- he will lose half his volume.

If he is a 9 speaker car, he has 4ohm shelf’s. Direct swap-

My car was 9 speaker and I had 4ohm shelf speakers, I tossed gto629 and got 3ohms

So gained a little more fill. Just something to consider

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT230 Convertible
I'm looking to swap the rear speakers out on my 2018 Convertible too, looking at these speakers
Kicker 46CSC674
Has anyone run into issues swapping them? Is it plug and play or do I need to cut wires?

Got my car used, it came with the 9 Speaker system (doesn't say Shaker on the dash) and it already had the factory wiring harness installed for the Shaker sub in the trunk. So I bought the Shaker sub, sub bracket, and got the Shaker Pro amp (to send the sub signal) off a wrecked 2017 GT and swapped it in. No issues at all with the sound system since doing that. Where I'm confused is, is my system a 2ohm or 4ohm? I hear 9 speakers are 4ohm and 12 speaker 2ohm, mine like a cross between and I'm confused on what ohm it is. Want to buy the correct speakers.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to swap the rear speakers out on my 2018 Convertible too, looking at these speakers
Kicker 46CSC674
Has anyone run into issues swapping them? Is it plug and play or do I need to cut wires?

Got my car used, it came with the 9 Speaker system (doesn't say Shaker on the dash) and it already had the factory wiring harness installed for the Shaker sub in the trunk. So I bought the Shaker sub, sub bracket, and got the Shaker Pro amp (to send the sub signal) off a wrecked 2017 GT and swapped it in. No issues at all with the sound system since doing that. Where I'm confused is, is my system a 2ohm or 4ohm? I hear 9 speakers are 4ohm and 12 speaker 2ohm, mine like a cross between and I'm confused on what ohm it is. Want to buy the correct speakers.
You 99% have 4ohm. It’s kind of done on purpose. 9 speaker systems have 6.5 door and shelf as 4ohms, it reduces output. Less volume.

when you get ina. 12 speaker car with the upgraded system and they have 2 ohm door and shelf speakers, they playtwice As loud.

so you’re like damn!So much better.

ger 2 or 3ohm replacements if you want more volume.

I put2ohms in my door 6.5’ and 3ohm in rear. Becausethe gto629’s are efficient speakers they pumped out a lot of volume.Much louder than 4ohm stock or probably afteremarkedones too

Sorry I’m on iPhone and it’s small. iPhone 5.

this is what I have in my rear. Sounds great imo.But holyshit prices went up! Damn covid

you can always return them if you don’t like them.

BAEC090C-E212-4F22-915B-57C5E0616252.png

0230B160-D9E1-46AC-9171-44C7F746CC75.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I also put a 12 speaker shaker pro amp in my car, since this amp was originally w 2Ohm speakers I went ahead and plopped a 2 Ohm door 6.5 set and I found the 3ohm gto629’s because people was installing and really liking them. Much better than the original rears imo
Sponsored