Sponsored

Recommend me a US based tuner please

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've been trying (and failing) for a couple of weeks now to get a US based tuner to help me do a UK first build for a centri blower on our spec cars. I have a tuner over here who would be willing to do the final refinement tune but not the initial base tune injector scaling / part throttle etc as we have zero centri experience (or availability) over here.

I reached out to see if any would be interested and all of them said no we don't provide unlocked tunes for others due to insurance and liability. Ignoring for a minute that's an irrelevant excuse since you know other side of the planet and no legal recourse. I then asked about them doing the whole tune remotely etc and we just do data logs our side and so far not a single one has even bothered replying to me.

Now I've got the car in bits but I'm not going any further until I know I can get a tune but I'm struggling so can any of you recommend any tuners you've worked with that actually want customers to give them money rather than ignoring them ?
Sponsored

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Who have you reached out to?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Palm Beach Dyno and Lund can do full remote tunes I believe. And I dont think any tuners would do unlocked tunes.. Just datalog your car after they give you the base tune, send them the datalogs and have them dial it in remotely if needed.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I can't see Palm Beach Dyno or Lund not wanting to do a remote custom tune for you, that's what they do. Just go to their website and order a device and custom tune package. I used PBD and my car was dialed in in about 2 hours total. My car drives absolutely perfect everywhere. Best thing I ever did !

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You should have no dramas with Lund. They’ve tuned a (metric) tonne of Aussie cars, including mine. My results with PBD suggest that it’s probably best avoided. I won’t go into details publicly but if you PM me, I’m happy to share the story if needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
So they're the 2 i've reached out to, Lund flat out refused PBD just haven't replied to my emails to them. (I'm currently NA tuned by lund too!)

Which is why I've asked for other tuners since it seems neither of those 2 want any business at this time.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So they're the 2 i've reached out to, Lund flat out refused PBD just haven't replied to my emails to them. (I'm currently NA tuned by lund too!)

Which is why I've asked for other tuners since it seems neither of those 2 want any business at this time.
What exactly did you request from them?

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
As per first post, initially asked if they could do me an unlocked base tune when that was rejected I asked what they would need from me for them to do their remote tuning stuff and if we could load the tune via my hp tuners software on my laptop rather than having to buy yet another tune flash device (I already have an ngauge from the na tune so didn't want to pick up another one)

So nothing beyond as you say what they normally provide. You'd have thought tuners would have wanted to be involved in a first in country project in any country but it appears not.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As per first post, initially asked if they could do me an unlocked base tune when that was rejected I asked what they would need from me for them to do their remote tuning stuff and if we could load the tune via my hp tuners software on my laptop rather than having to buy yet another tune flash device (I already have an ngauge from the na tune so didn't want to pick up another one)

So nothing beyond as you say what they normally provide. You'd have thought tuners would have wanted to be involved in a first in country project in any country but it appears not.
Ok, I’m confused, I can see why they might be too.
They would never in a million years send you an unlocked tune file.
You’ve then asked if you could use HP, which isn’t their thing either.

Why would you need to pick up a new Ngauge if you already have one? I don’t get that part at all.
You‘d just use the Lund Ngauge you already have.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Ok, I’m confused, I can see why they might be too.
They would never in a million years send you an unlocked tune file.
You’ve then asked if you could use HP, which isn’t their thing either.

Why would you need to pick up a new Ngauge if you already have one? I don’t get that part at all.
You‘d just use the Lund Ngauge you already have.
unlocked file is fair enough although dumb reasoning behind it.

Well pbd use HP tuners software so if it saves buying a tuning device for example then i can load their tune to my ecu using my laptop + cable instead saves me buying a device and waiting potentially months for it to get over here with shipping etc.

ngauge is locked to lund tunes only as far as i'm aware i couldn't flash a tune from another tuner using it. its also no longer in production and lund i believe only provide new tunes on their.... new tuning device which I believe is a HP tuners dongle thing as well.

its not really confusing at all.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Well pbd use HP tuners software so if it saves buying a tuning device for example then i can load their tune to my ecu using my laptop + cable instead saves me buying a device and waiting potentially months for it to get over here with shipping etc.

ngauge is locked to lund tunes only as far as i'm aware i couldn't flash a tune from another tuner using it. its also no longer in production and lund i believe only provide new tunes on their.... new tuning device which I believe is a HP tuners dongle thing as well.

I’m saying: Why don’t you just get a tune from LUND and use your existing Ngauge? Pretty sure they’re still supporting the. NGauge.
Just ask Lund for a tune and go for it.
I don’t know why you‘d want to swap tuners at this point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
As per post 1, lund flat out refused to tune a centri in the uk.

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package

You realize this is like asking a chef for the recipe of their signature dish right? Those tunes are basically 90% finished then tweaked through 1-3 revisions. Why would they give that to you?

You can try reaching out to Lund again or wait for PBD to respond. Could also go with Wengerd Performance.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You realize this is like asking a chef for the recipe of their signature dish right? Those tunes are basically 90% finished then tweaked through 1-3 revisions. Why would they give that to you?

You can try reaching out to Lund again or wait for PBD to respond. Could also go with Wengerd Performance.
Considering they've never done a RHD car with a centri or experienced our fuel its going to need a lot more than 1-3 revisions. The request was from our local tuner who was happy to build on a base map and tailor it for the driving experience i wanted and for our fuels etc. I was happy and offered to pay very well over the odds for them to be involved making a UK first vehicle.

When they rejected it that's fine I've moved on from that and I'll happily just pay for their standard tuning package with remote tuning no worries and I've made that very clear the response from lund was "sorry we cannot help you" and pbd have now ignored all my attempts to contact them for the past week.

So going back to my initial request. recommend me a new tuner someone that is actually willing to accept some work and be paid as such for it as clearly lund and pbd don't want the work.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As per post 1, lund flat out refused to tune a centri in the uk.
That’s not what you said at post #1.
Im not trying to be a dick but you need to be more specific when making a post of this type.
Sponsored