blazebullock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blaze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey all.

Would you recommend getting Katzkin seats added to your Mustang? I've been doing some research and so far they seem like the place to go. They have great reviews online but I want to know what you all think/what your experiences have been.

Also, would you recommend leather seats or seat covers? I posted a link to what Katzkin says about them and I lean toward actual leather seats but want your thoughts.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Never seen them in person, but imo. the katzkin' pics I see look kind of gaudy to me. Not something I would want, and couldn't really say id like to see them in other cars. Is there something wrong with your leather seats already? or are they cloth? If cloth, I see actual leather seats from Premium cars go for pretty cheap, saw a full set in pristine condition a while back, like 400 for everything front and back.

OP
OP

blazebullock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blaze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Never seen them in person, but imo. the katzkin' pics I see look kind of gaudy to me. Not something I would want, and couldn't really say id like to see them in other cars. Is there something wrong with your leather seats already? or are they cloth? If cloth, I see actual leather seats from Premium cars go for pretty cheap, saw a full set in pristine condition a while back, like 400 for everything front and back.
Mine are cloth but I'd like leather seats and heated seats as well and I know Katzkin does both. Plus I like the way they look.

However, I like the price of what you're saying. How do you go about getting those?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Facebook, join some of the s550 parts groups, and monitor the classifieds here, ive seen some stealer deals. it may not be today, or tomorrow, but I see seats for sale a few times a month, and it isn't sold instantly. I mean, ive seriously seen brand new condition take outs, for less than 500 for full set. If I didn't have leather, better believe I would of bought a set.

I don't really know how much work is involved to wire them up though if you want to use heated/cooled, but I do know its possible, would I do it? Lol depends how much work. but the leather seats are nice.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Here are perfect condition rears for 200. FB, he has the fronts too, but airbag popped in them, I wouldn't deal with that hassle, but rears for 200, half the battle!
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 5.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 5.08.29 PM.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just add a bunch of S550 groups on Facebook, and search "seats" and check weekly for a few weeks, you'll get a legit set for a steal. I didn't do too much searching, just like 3 minutes to show some examples. good luck! I'd do these over Katzkin myself, but if you like Katz, then do it.

I just really like my oem premium seats, very comfy.

Deleted member 35644

The Katzkin kit I bought is slightly better leather than what Ford's putting on their seats, so be aware that if you go with OEM rears, they're going to be a bit shinier and harder than the Katzkin leather up front.

I like mine so far. No stretching, no abrasion for a little over a year now.

Katzkin.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the Katzkin Leather Black with White Piping in my 17 and absolutely love them. Much better than the OEM leather in my 16.

EPTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I too have katzkin. The install was fairly simple and they look great! 3rd set on 3 vehicles!
Purchased the basic kit for about $600 on ebay. They look and feel awesome!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve bought a few sets for my newer 250’s I have, both 17’s. The quality is better then my premium 16 vert. They do come in different levels, but the base is a very nice upgrade from stock cloth. Depending on the vehicle the install can go from not to bad to a serious pain in the arse.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
can you actually buy just the covers? When I use their site I always get quoted with install for about a grand. I wouldn't even want to try replacing covers myself.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
LeatherSeats.com I think they are affiliated with Katzkin, but you can buy the covers and install them yourself.

If it were me, I'd go with seat covers to preserve the fabric on the cloth seats. If I go with a Mustang for my next car, I'm purposely going to look for a car with cloth seats. Slap some covers on the seats and even after years of use, the seats will look brand new underneath. Leather is just going to crack and crease over time.
Sponsored