Recommend Katzkin Leather?

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The frequently-quoted installed price for the seats has been $1,299 (leather and labor).
I paid about $900 for this Katzkin interior and $600 for installation in Florida. I bought the Katzkin leather seat material from a vendor on eBay, had it delivered to a local installer. It took two days to install. The best upgrade I’ve done!
B03B294B-3CAD-4BE0-9B46-F64A30FF5327.jpeg
Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I paid about $900 for this Katzkin interior and $600 for installation in Florida. I bought the Katzkin leather seat material from a vendor on eBay, had it delivered to a local installer. It took two days to install. The best upgrade I’ve done!
B03B294B-3CAD-4BE0-9B46-F64A30FF5327.jpeg
Does Katzkin do leather on the door cards and knee bolsters? Looks great!

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Does Katzkin do leather on the door cards and knee bolsters? Looks great!
Door cards: yes, it replaces the cloth section.
Knee bolsters: No, but if your installer is a dedicated interior shop, they can order the leather from Katzkin and custom fabricate them. I went that route.

Sponsored

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Door cards: yes, it replaces the cloth section.
Knee bolsters: No, but if your installer is a dedicated interior shop, they can order the leather from Katzkin and custom fabricate them. I went that route.
Correct - you can ask your installer to request additional leather or vinyl so they can fabricate the bolsters. I also had them make a cover for the armrest. The total came out to $1200 for the installer and $917 for the Katzkin Zkintech leather. The pattern is called Bracelet. It does looks a lot like a Rolex watch bracelet. It only comes in black with salsa red and salsa red stitching. All the seating area is leather, the black is vinyl. It looks like it’s all leather though - a perfect feel and texture match. Much better quality than Ford OEM leather (OEM is also leather/vinyl too). BTW Katzkin is the OEM leather provider for ROUSH.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Correct - you can ask your installer to request additional leather or vinyl so they can fabricate the bolsters. I also had them make a cover for the armrest. The total came out to $1200 for the installer and $917 for the Katzkin Zkintech leather. The pattern is called Bracelet. It does looks a lot like a Rolex watch bracelet. It only comes in black with salsa red and salsa red stitching. All the seating area is leather, the black is vinyl. It looks like it’s all leather though - a perfect feel and texture match. Much better quality than Ford OEM leather (OEM is also leather/vinyl too). BTW Katzkin is the OEM leather provider for ROUSH.
Here’s the link to the Katzkin Zkintech info. For some reason they don’t feature the Zkintech line on their web site. Perhaps this line is meant to be promoted by their installers? My install was the first Zkintech kit that my installer has done so it’s a fairly new line. Good news is that it installs exactly the same as Katzkin’s standard products.

https://katzkin.com/Res/designPDFs/ZkinTech by Katzkin_Catalog_2017_1.pdf

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
While it’s difficult to see in the picture, most of the black trim including the steering wheel has been replaced with real carbon fiber. Huge improvement over the OEM plastic.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I have them in my 95 and I have been very happy with them. I had them installed because I didn't trust myself to do it well enough. Nice leather, soft but seems durable. I'd buy it again.

Screenshot_20210607-121158_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210607-121151_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored