Sponsored

Recaros vs cooled seats

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I think everyone is missing the point, three pages and no one has mentioned the most important issue - aesthetics ... :giggle:

Not everything in life needs to be practical or comfortable, just ask the ladies ...

1660224968101.png

:giggle:

Joking aside I've always liked Recaro's, they've been synonymous with fast fords going back to my early car years (had them in my 92 Cosworth) making them a must have option for the Stang :like:

WD :like:
This! I also got them cause race car 🤷🏻‍♂️ My car is a weekend nice day car and the more impractical the better.

Recaro seats
loud exhaust
low front end
no back seat

its a lambo in my eyes. (=

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
I have Recaro seats in my '15 Premium PP. I am 5' 10" 250lbs and they fit me like a glove. I mostly love the Recaro seats. The car was a daily driver for 2 years until I got a company vehicle and is now a weekend fun machine with an occasional trip to the road coarse. I've taken the car on many road trips through multiple states and even the wife has commented on how comfortable the seats are for a long haul.
On the opposite side, we recently put 1,000 miles on a rented EB premium for trip through Tennessee and the regular seats were just OK. Definitely a lot looser than the Recaro's in my GT but they were easier to get into and out of the car.
I do wish the Recaro had an option for power and tilt adjustability. My wife won't drive my car because I complain for 3 days until I get the seat back to the perfect spot it was before she slid it all the way forward and as high as it goes.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Let's be clear. Not everyone fits in recaro seats. If you aren't comfortable. The seat is moot.

Mine were 2013 GT500s. NO recaro I have seen fits a 250lb man
This is true but I’m 5’11” and 230# with athletic/broad shoulders and I still fit fine in both Recaros. The Recaro sports (read wide/comfortable version in the s197s and any s550 that’s not a Shelby) are the best you’re going to get in Recaros.
-J

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do wish the Recaro had an option for power and tilt adjustability. My wife won't drive my car because I complain for 3 days until I get the seat back to the perfect spot it was before she slid it all the way forward and as high as it goes.
They do, but for some reason it’s only on the euros ? :

1660254599695.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well we have more HP!! Lol. Thats "cool"
Yeah we have the GPF’s in the exhaust, but I bet that’s not too far off in the future for all ICE cars … :frown:

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I’m in pretty decent shape but I’d have serious swamp ass without cooled seats here in Florida so the Recaros were a no for me. The hissing sound is pretty lame though. I don’t hear it in an Acura

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm. I wonder if that's a Premium lower and a Recaro upper? Could it be that simple?
Base is Recaro specific (according to the decal - bottom right) :

1660257272921.jpeg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I haven't tried the Recaro's but I find the premium standard seats very comfortable and the ball chillers are really nice. I'm 6'3" 285# and the seats fit me really well and with black leather the coolers are a must in hot summer weather otherwise major swamp ass kicks in.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The EB Premium Recaro was a little tight, while the Bullitt Recaro fit my 5'11 250lb comfy, almost loose. The Camaro Recaro were a little tight in the ribcage but plenty comfy for 3hr non-stop. The GT350R cloth Recaro were quite narrow.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Let's be clear. Not everyone fits in recaro seats. If you aren't comfortable. The seat is moot.

Mine were 2013 GT500s. NO recaro I have seen fits a 250lb man
I sat in a 2014 GT500 with Recaros that fit nice and I'm 6'2" and over 250#. They seamed much wider than any I've sat in since.
Sponsored