Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
If you fit properly, the Recaros are well worth no a/c in the seat.

The a/c in the Mustang seat is limited at best.

Recaros do not fit me. So I am very happy with the comfort of the premium a/c heated seats.

I do wish I fit in the Recaros.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I'd most likely opt for the Recaros (but full disclosure, I have not sat in them). What I can say is that the cooling feature is next to useless, it hardly makes any difference at all (there are a couple of threads on this here). The heat feature does work well though.

But compared to the M Sport seats I had in my BMW, the Mustang seats are marginal at best both in terms of comfort and support during "spirited" driving. That is probably the thing I miss the most about my BMW.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
True, the seat cooling is not great, but it made a hell of a nice difference for me when I used to have to wear a suit in this warm weather state. šŸ˜“

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I find the seat cooling to be more than adequate. keeps my balls cool in this 100 degree heat just fine with windows down and A/C off.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The a/c in the Mustang seat is limited at best.
It works very well in my experience in hot days. I quickly tested Recaros and I am very happy I got the standard seats (not like I could choose here), tall and thin and they work fine for me for short or long trips and spirited driving in curves too. I have zero regrets not having Recaros.

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I had Recaros in my 2014 and they were very comfortable. I cannot tell you if they are better or worse than the stock seats comfort wise, plus it would be a matter of my opinion.
I do have cooled/heated seats in my daily and they are nice to have but not always used and do not completely cool me off or heat me up. Good when its 90-100 & 8-20 - other than that, just a novelty for me. YMMV

EDIT - I also had my 2014 from April 2013 to Jan 2022 and only 11k miles, so it was my not my daily. Longest trip in it was 2.5-3 hours and the Recaros were fine for me.
I have stock seats (cloth) and disconnected the lumbar (which wouldn't fully retract), after that. VERY comfortable, second only to my 09 Jetta.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
It works very well in my experience in hot days. I quickly tested Recaros and I am very happy I got the standard seats (not like I could choose here), tall and thin and they work fine for me for short or long trips and spirited driving in curves too. I have zero regrets not having Recaros.
I am glad they are working in your northern climate. Try taking it 2000 miles south and see how well it works for you.

In Texas heat they are barely adequate for me. I drove a new Raptor and those seats have 5 times more airflow.

A/C in the seats is nice to have but I would not trade recaros for it. If they fit me.

My GT500 had Recaros, that's one of the reasons I sold it.

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have a 700a with heat/cooled NON Recaro . I didn t think a 700a car could have recaro s? Way way less cars with the 700a leather. so many M1 s you see on lots have cloths seats.
Wonder if seats weren't swapped??

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I am glad they are working in your northern climate. Try taking it 2000 miles south and see how well it works for you.

In Texas heat they are barely adequate for me. I drove a new Raptor and those seats have 5 times more airflow.

A/C in the seats is nice to have but I would not trade recaros for it. If they fit me.

Texas raised, live in south Louisiana and Mobile, Al currently. I find them MORE than adequate. in fact after about 5 minutes I have to turn them to low or off.

dbhajek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

Thats strange, I live in San Antonio and the ventilated seats work great for me, way better then my Porsches. I have a 2022 M1 so I don't know if something change.

Sponsored
OP
OP
R3G

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
Yeah this will not be my daily. It's a fun car. I daily a TRX and it has all the goodies and its cooled suede seats are amazing. I am just looking if anyone has the recaro seats if they regret it? I realize it is personal preferenceā€¦on principle i dont like to pay for a feature im not gettingā€¦dealer isnt budging on price and this M1 is built exactly as I ordered my GT PP except for the recaro seats. trying to decide if I buy now or put the order in today (last day to order an M1) and wait 16++ weeks for the cooled ones.

EDIT: I'm very indecisive. I change my mind daily on what I want. I like Grabber Blue but I think my top choice would be FJG + handling pack and stock leather seats.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I love my recaros.

MY car is not a daily driver. I am 5'10 and 170 pounds and find them very comfortable. As much as I like (not love) heated/cooled seats in my other cars in this car:

when im hot i turn on ac
when im cold i turn on heat

This has gotten me this far in life and you'll be fine.

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
Shoot, im in south georgia and my heat dont get hot enough lol.. I have a 21 roush rs3 and wish it had the recaros, but at the same time, im happy to have my heated seats.. If i could make the heat work on the recaros it would be hard for me not to do it lol

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I'm surprised by all the positive comments on the seat cooling here. If the outside temp is above 80 deg, I can hardly tell they are on even at the max setting. I had the dealer check them out, and he reported that they are performing to spec.

I know the CA Specials with the fake seat suede inserts does compromise the seat cooling some, but like I said, they are totally underwhelming to me.
Sponsored