Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Going to call them back and see if I can have the parts ready, they didn't ask for my VIN which is what threw me off, this time I'll be giving them my VIN to look up.
The receptionist at my dealership wanted me to bring my car in first. Multiple times.

Finally got a hold of my service advisor, and he was able to get everything before I arrived for the recall. Receptionist was not helpful at all.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Getting my done on Friday. They had the parts, well, what's left.

Question? if you have an Expel wrap, is their a risk of damage to the wrap? I have my entire front end, bumper, hood, and fenders wrapped. Just worried that I will have loose pieces of Expel dangling in the wind afterwards.

Thank you.
Entire car is wrapped. No issue. Just let them know and emphasize that you do not want the car washed, as some dealers have car washes onsite.

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
They are supposed to inspect it first to see if it is leaking. Those that are actually leaking get expedited shipping and repair. Those not leaking are supposed to wait until the end of the recall. A good dealer will "take care of you" and get the parts quickly.

This is ridiculous. The parts are widely available now. I've gone through the recall procedure and there's no way I would put up with a dealer wanting to inspect the car before agreeing to perform the recall.

You have a safety defect recall letter from Ford. You have a right to a free repair. If the dealer won't do the recall without doing the inspection first, find another dealer. By the time they've removed the front splitter and the belly pan to inspect the lines, they're ready to do the repair right then. Replacing the lines at that point is the easy part. To button everything back up and then take it apart again later is insane.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Incorrect

They are supposed to inspect it first to see if it is leaking. Those that are actually leaking get expedited shipping and repair. Those not leaking are supposed to wait until the end of the recall. A good dealer will "take care of you" and get the parts quickly.
This is incorrect information. They are not looking to inspect the part, they are required by Ford to verify the VIN and Odometer reading IN PERSON to make sure you actually have a GT350 under recall before they order the parts. A photo of the driver side windshield showing the VIN and the odometer suffices for most so you do not actually have to make two trips.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I called again and talked to another service advisor and told me this was the protocol (reading the instructions given to them by Ford). She also told me that they have the parts available and are in-stock (which I don't believe). Scheduled for this Wednesday so we will see what happens, not holding my breath though.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Judging from the stories here, I guess I was one of the lucky ones (thanks to @lemers ). Dealer ordered parts ahead of time and set an appointment. Mine was the 5th or 6th GT350 the dealer had worked on--so many they lost count. They did the oil cooler lines, and I asked them to check on the 3rd gear rattle and some wind noise I have on the driver's side. He checked it out and without question ordered a new shifter and new weather strip. I also had them change brake, transmission, and differential fluids. Altogether, it came to 283Euro ($300). 80+ of that was diff gear oil, because I didn't bring my own (ouch). Able to walk back and watch at will, which included watching them kit out a brand new Focus RS or hill racing. All that in less than 3 hours.

Took it into the hobby shop and put it on the lift afterwards to look at the splitter. It was perfect, as was everything else. Great shop...good cappuccino too...

[MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] Again glad I could help. Did your OBD reader make it back?

Also, I haven't seen to start a thread about your track training at TheRing.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
[MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] Again glad I could help. Did your OBD reader make it back?

Also, I haven't seen to start a thread about your track training at TheRing.
I think it's there. Went to the mailroom today and had a slip, but didn't have my CAC (oops). Will confirm tomorrow.

Wasn't planning on doing a ring write up since there's been a few lately, but since you mentioned it, I'll tack on to one of the others. I did pick up on a good handful of lessons that are worth sharing with other members. Thanks for the kick in the butt...

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Oil recall has been completed. Drove it around today no leaks, no issues. Just reinstalled the belly pan + front splitter. My recommendation to anyone that has still yet to get this done, remove your belly pan and splitter before taking it in like I did. Let the service advisor know you've done this as well. I was at Ford for about 2 hours from start to finish, and I can imagine if I didn't remove the front splitter it would have been at least another hour of waiting.

Got home and checked my oil level, right in the middle of the hash mark. Awesome. Checked the torque on the bolts for the oil lines, 22 ft/lbs. Perfect. Verified that there were no leaks in all areas of the lines. Epic!!!

Now I can put this behind me and begin modding the car as it should be!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oil recall has been completed. Drove it around today no leaks, no issues. Just reinstalled the belly pan + front splitter. My recommendation to anyone that has still yet to get this done, remove your belly pan and splitter before taking it in like I did. Let the service advisor know you've done this as well. I was at Ford for about 2 hours from start to finish, and I can imagine if I didn't remove the front splitter it would have been at least another hour of waiting.

Got home and checked my oil level, right in the middle of the hash mark. Awesome. Checked the torque on the bolts for the oil lines, 22 ft/lbs. Perfect. Verified that there were no leaks in all areas of the lines. Epic!!!

Now I can put this behind me and begin modding the car as it should be!
Any risks from driving without the belly pan?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You are fine driving it without the pan. It may offer a small amount of oil pan protection but beyond that it's all aero.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Im rushing my car into the dealership right now, 2 days ago started to make a horrible noise and shake in a weird way.

4k miles since the last oil change, checked a month ago it was fine checked today and nothing on the damn stick and I saw metallic when I wiped the oil stick off.

F@CK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your reading was correct you either have a bellypan covered in oil or your exhaust tip are oily/grimy (would have been smoking badly though).

Triple check your dipstick, raise the car and inspect the bellypan and then the filter area.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
If your reading was correct you either have a bellypan covered in oil or your exhaust tip are oily/grimy (would have been smoking badly though).

Triple check your dipstick, raise the car and inspect the bellypan and then the filter area.
Thats for me?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^ I'd gusss so. If you are all of a sudden missing a couple quarts of oil - it likely is leaking out somewhere and the underside of your car should have evidence of this.

Hope everything is ok.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup.

You are either leaking quite a bit or burning it (which I doubt). Or...the last one to change the oil didn't put enough back in and it went unnoticed.
Sponsored