Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
GTP,
I installed the FR3Z-5A772-E, 24.0 mm, GT350R Rear Sway bar with the F2GZ-5493-C Sway Bar Bushings.
The bushings fit perfectly over the bar.
The stock brackets fit perfectly as well.

You wrote "FR3Z-5493-C Bushings", did you mean F2GZ-5493-C?
What I wrote was correct.
What I should have ordered was F2GZ-5493-C.
Levittown says they are backordered out about a month.

I thought I ordered the non-R bar, but I think I got an R-bar. Oh well. :headbonk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
What I wrote was correct.
What I should have ordered was F2GZ-5493-C.
Levittown says they are backordered out about a month.

I thought I ordered the non-R bar, but I think I got an R-bar. Oh well. :headbonk:
Front sway bar:
Both GT350 & GT350R have the 34 mm front bar.

Rear sway bar:
GT350: 22.2 mm rear bar (same as GT-PP).
GT350R: 24.0 mm rear bar.

Shelby GT350R
1. Front Sway Bar: FR3Z-5482-J, 34.0 mm
2. Front Sway Bar Bushings: FR3Z-5484-C
3. Rear Sway Bar: FR3Z-5A772-E, 24.0 mm
4. Rear Sway Bar Bushings: F2GZ-5493-C

I'm really liking the GT350R rear sway bar with PP dampeners and BMR Performance springs. But, if you find it's too much...another choice is a 22.2 mm PP rear sway.

PS: All the other after market rear sway bars are thicker than the GT350R 24.0 mm bar. It's a nice improvement without going too far.

Sway Bar Size Comparison:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80809

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I also added GT 350R badges to my order as well. Hopefully I can fool a couple people. :)

Ford never made a GT350 convertible but how many people really know that?
Pic or link?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
GTP,
I installed the FR3Z-5A772-E, 24.0 mm, GT350R Rear Sway bar with the F2GZ-5493-C Sway Bar Bushings.
The bushings fit perfectly over the bar.
The stock brackets fit perfectly as well.

You wrote "FR3Z-5493-C Bushings", did you mean F2GZ-5493-C?
Should I have ordered different brackets for the GT350 front bar? I reused my stock, non-PP, brackets. But now I wonder if the 2-piece brackets are stronger because they have to resist higher forces from the stiffer bar.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Pic or link?
Thank was a joke lol

Should I have ordered different brackets for the GT350 front bar? I reused my stock, non-PP, brackets. But now I wonder if the 2-piece brackets are stronger because they have to resist higher forces from the stiffer bar.

I am told the stock brackets will work.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I am told the stock brackets will work.
They do, bc I reused mine and they fit just fine. I was simply wondering about the higher forces. I am not inclined to order expensive aluminum blocks, but Ford brackets should be affordable.

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is the PP front bar comes as an assembly with the front brackets and bushings assembled onto the bar.

I'm thinking your non-PP brackets are strong enough. The GT350 brackets should be inexpensive if you want to install them for piece of mind. What's confusing is the online parts lists show the front sway bar bracket to be the same part number (FR3Z-5486-A) for all models of the Mustang.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Rear sway bar:
GT350: 22.2 mm rear bar (same as GT-PP).
GT350R: 24.0 mm rear bar.
3. Rear Sway Bar: FR3Z-5A772-E, 24.0 mm
4. Rear Sway Bar Bushings: F2GZ-5493-C
Here is the R bar with non-R bushings. Gap shows how tight the installed bar was and it funked up the ride for a week until I changed over to the R bushings Saturday. Now the rear no longer feels like a bucking bronco.

Yes, the part numbers are confusing. The non-R bushings have pink paint on the flat side, and the R bushings have green paint.
20170819_104723.jpg
20170819_105257.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. Glad you got the 'R' bushings installed.

How do you like your suspension set up so far?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
The first week with the wrong bushings and 1-turn from soft on the Steeda shocks was like riding a bucking bronco. I regretted the upgrade.
This week I have the proper bushings and went to full soft, and now everything is tolerable. Firmer than my non-PP OEM suspension, of course, but no horrible over every seam in the road.

Still evaluating, but so far so good.

In summary, I went from smooth-ride world car, to horrible bucking Bronco, to somewhere in between.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The first week with the wrong bushings and 1-turn from soft on the Steeda shocks was like riding a bucking bronco. I regretted the upgrade.
This week I have the proper bushings and went to full soft, and now everything is tolerable. Firmer than my non-PP OEM suspension, of course, but no horrible over every seam in the road.

Still evaluating, but so far so good.

In summary, I went from smooth-ride world car, to horrible bucking Bronco, to somewhere in between.
You've got a sports car suspension now :)

Try going 1/2 turn firmer in the rear and see how you like it.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Christ! Guys, I could have sworn I read multiple times that only needed are the bushings and you reuse your bushing brackets. Well my front swaybar bushings and brackets are one piece. I did not order brackets for the front bushings! Did I misread the thread??? :doh:

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Christ! Guys, I could have sworn I read multiple times that only needed are the bushings and you reuse your bushing brackets. Well my front swaybar bushings and brackets are one piece. I did not order brackets for the front bushings! Did I misread the thread??? :doh:
You can seperate the front sway bar brackets (PP).
That is what i did.
The hardest part of the swap is getting the two piece brackets to come together when installing the GT350 bar.

* Two piece PP front sway bracket details:
The top portion of the bracket has two flanges that must slip down into the holes of the bottom bracket. It's difficult to get the flanges to line up perfectly to allow the top/bottom parts of the bracket to come together perfectly. I was able to line it up....but it took multiple attempts.

All the parts lists state that the front sway bar bracket (all S550 mustangs) are the same. This must not be true.

The PP front brackets will work...The GT350(R) 34 mm bushings fit perfectly inside the PP brackets (The PP & GT350 front/rear bushings have the same Outer Diameter).

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Same for me. I reused my 1-piece front brackets with the GT350 bar and new bushings.

Benny at Levittown contacted Ford twice for clarification. The wrap-around bracket setup is still not clear.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You can seperate the front sway bar brackets (PP).
That is what i did.
The hardest part of the swap is getting the two piece brackets to come together when installing the GT350 bar.
You scared me for a second when you distinguished PP car brackets. According to the catalog, the brackets are the same no matter what model you run.
Sponsored