Rear Sway Bar: GT350 vs GT350R

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You scared me for a second when you distinguished PP car brackets. According to the catalog, the brackets are the same no matter what model you run.
The PP front bar has the brackets on it as part of a bar assembly (one reason why it's much more expensive than the non PP bar). The catalog isn't strictly accurate. They are a different bracket.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You've got a sports car suspension now :)

Try going 1/2 turn firmer in the rear and see how you like it.
That is what I miss. This squishiness is fun when I want to go sideways but definitely not what I'm accustomed to. Z51 and Gymkhana style was more my speed but still softer than I wanted.

Though I hope I don't have to go full soft to drive on the street. That will make street tuning difficult. Wildcatgoal said he has his settings I believe 1/4 turn from soft and the same springs I will be using and it is manageable. We'll see next month :)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The PP front bar has the brackets on it as part of a bar assembly (one reason why it's much more expensive than the non PP bar). The catalog isn't strictly accurate. They are a different bracket.
I remember reading about that on another thread. So that no one is completely confused, non-PP car brackets are fine to use with the GT350R bushings, correct?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I remember reading about that on another thread. So that no one is completely confused, non-PP car brackets are fine to use with the GT350R bushings, correct?
Yes.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Now the car is not drivable due to air intake assmbly out to access bolts. What do you use to seperate brackets? Sounds half ass to me. I rather buy right ones but no one will have them in stock

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
You scared me for a second when you distinguished PP car brackets. According to the catalog, the brackets are the same no matter what model you run.
Since I've got a Performance Pack, I'm just trying to not assume anything...and only state what I 100% know is true. The parts lists found online are not 100% accurate.

But yes, it seems the front brackets (PP & Non-PP) all have the same inner diameter. The rear brackets all share the same inner diameter as well.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can anyone tell me what the par number is for front 350r brackets?? or non pp brackets.

thanks

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now the car is not drivable due to air intake assmbly out to access bolts. What do you use to seperate brackets? Sounds half ass to me. I rather buy right ones but no one will have them in stock
I used a medium flat blade screw driver and hammer....tap the union of the top and bottom pieces of the bracket. They are just press fit together. The PP front brackets comes apart with no damage. Then reassemble with the GT350(R) bushings and bar.

As far as being half a$$ed...The parts lists all state the front brackets are the same....obviously not true.

If you find a seperate part number for the Shelby front bracket let us all know. Might be the same bracket that comes on the Non-PP GT?
Again, the PP front brackets work....just need to seperate them first.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, I got the bushing brackets off. Out of all the sways bars I ever installed I never had a two piece bracket. So what about I grind off the unions and just use the top piece? OR grind down the unions and use top and bottom piece but no aggravation of lining up union perfectly into hole?

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That will work. Id use both top and bottom pieces though.

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done, I grinded down the unions and and painted the pieces and installed top and bottom., The front sway bar is a bitch to install, I scratched the shit out of the new paint on it when I was snaking it through the front. I really hope all this work was worth it. Thanks for all your help

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done, I grinded down the unions and and painted the pieces and installed top and bottom., The front sway bar is a bitch to install, I scratched the shit out of the new paint on it when I was snaking it through the front. I really hope all this work was worth it. Thanks for all your help
Of course.
I'm glad you got it installed. Did you swap in the 24mm rear sway bar as well?

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course.
I'm glad you got it installed. Did you swap in the 24mm rear sway bar as well?
Yes I did, that took 20 min to install, lol. The front , man was I cursing! Hopefully these will complement my sp080 springs and Steeda non adj shocks

OP
OP
AmericanLegend

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did, that took 20 min to install, lol. The front , man was I cursing! Hopefully these will complement my sp080 springs and Steeda non adj shocks
Cool.
I've got the BMR SP080 springs with the stock PP dampeners and love the Shelby GT350R sway bars.

I'm thinking the Steeda Non-Adj dampeners will be a great match!

You'll really notice the improved dynamics in the corners. It'll be more direct mid corner through corner exit.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it was worth it :) Big improvement around corners and the car's ride quality did not suffer thank God. I am happy with my total sus components. NOW, if I can only fix the bump steer this car, it would be perfect!
Sponsored