Appreciate it thank you
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I know many people don't care for having speakers in the rear. I do use them for rear fill. Yep, when I go to a theater (concert) (Unless it is my home theater), the sound is from the front. There are so many other sounds going on, in and around the car, that I can't compare it to going to a musical concert. I am not knocking those that don't like rear speakers.....now if the budget only allows for this or that; then I totally agree with getting a good front-biased set-up first. :fistbump:

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The photo's the OP posted are my car. I have the 12 speaker system and the bass was weak. I'm old school and wanted more rear sound when adjusting the fader. With the Morels in the rear deck and the sub upgrade I have bass that cannot be reproduced from the front stage. It's f-cking loud and sounds good. My hearing is shit from working at a car stereo shop from '78-82 then 38 years in commercial/industrial electrical construction and a lifetime of shooting sports. Any questions?

OP
OP
Remy_reign

Remy_reign

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
REMY
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Base
I definitely use mine for fill, I’ll still be upgrading my front and tweets and adding an amp. I may mess around with my rears
I know many people don't care for having speakers in the rear. I do use them for rear fill. Yep, when I go to a theater (concert) (Unless it is my home theater), the sound is from the front. There are so many other sounds going on, in and around the car, that I can't compare it to going to a musical concert. I am not knocking those that don't like rear speakers.....now if the budget only allows for this or that; then I totally agree with getting a good front-biased set-up first. :fistbump:
Nice definitely if I got any questions I’ll definitely reach out.
The photo's the OP posted are my car. I have the 12 speaker system and the bass was weak. I'm old school and wanted more rear sound when adjusting the fader. With the Morels in the rear deck and the sub upgrade I have bass that cannot be reproduced from the front stage. It's f-cking loud and sounds good. My hearing is shit from working at a car stereo shop from '78-82 then 38 years in commercial/industrial electrical construction and a lifetime of shooting sports. Any questions?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
How flimsy is that rear carpeted panel that covers the speakers? Could you cut a hole and mount a 6.5 coax with the supplied grills to the panel itself? Maybe reinforce it underneath or put one of those foam speaker rings between the panel and the metal beneath? Or how about mount the speaker with needed adapter in stock location but cut the carpeted panel and mount just the grill to the carpeted panel? It’s been years since I touched aftermarket speakers and never used the grills even then, so no idea how they mount to the speaker. Just brainstorming some ideas to help with the poor sound pass through of that panel. Thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Remy_reign

Remy_reign

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
REMY
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Base
It’s pretty flimsy I’m sure with the right modifications and know how a lot of those ideas would be possible.

How flimsy is that rear carpeted panel that covers the speakers? Could you cut a hole and mount a 6.5 coax with the supplied grills to the panel itself? Maybe reinforce it underneath or put one of those foam speaker rings between the panel and the metal beneath? Or how about mount the speaker with needed adapter in stock location but cut the carpeted panel and mount just the grill to the carpeted panel? It’s been years since I touched aftermarket speakers and never used the grills even then, so no idea how they mount to the speaker. Just brainstorming some ideas to help with the poor sound pass through of that panel. Thoughts?

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
Forget your grill ideas. Go to Crutchfield, buy the adaptor kit. Go to Harbor Freight and buy a punch kit. Punch holes in the deck lid, install the speakers and put the deck lid in. Nice professional installation.

Rear deck mod (2).JPG

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Forget your grill ideas. Go to Crutchfield, buy the adaptor kit. Go to Harbor Freight and buy a punch kit. Punch holes in the deck lid, install the speakers and put the deck lid in. Nice professional installation.

Rear deck mod (2).JPG
I actually have a leather punch kit in my Amazon cart right now.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I actually have a leather punch kit in my Amazon cart right now.
An 8mm is the perfect size. Punch from the back as there are holes already there and you will just be punching through the carpet. Use a very hard sacrificial backing board to punch against. I used a piece of HDF board. More than one strong hit with the hammer was required to make a clean cut.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
HF tools are hardly sharp.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
HF tools are hardly sharp.
I own about $10,000 in tools. I only go to Harbor freight if I need an inexpensive one and done tool. The punch kit worked just fine as evidenced by my photo.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just curious since every home speaker I’ve ever owned had a cloth speaker grill and I never thought of punching holes in them.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just curious since every home speaker I’ve ever owned had a cloth speaker grill and I never thought of punching holes in them.
Speaker grills and cloth are for aesthetics and to keep dust or dirt from collecting on the cone. They aren’t required.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Those cloth covers are designed to be as acoustically transparent as possible. The carpet used in the rear panel of the mustang is absolutely not. Its pretty thick and dense.
Sponsored