Rear facing car seat help needed

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It really helps if the car seat is rated for less weight. That way its smaller and lighter and this lets you scoot the passenger seat back more. At 1 year I got a smaller front facing seat for my daughter and now I have even more room to scoot the seat back.
Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
So is anyone using a rfcs and still able to take a passenger comfortably? My wife is 5'3 and petite but it's a definite no go in my 07.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Is anyone using a rfcs and still able to take a passenger comfortably/safely? My wife is 5,3 and petite and it's a no go in my 07.

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Is anyone using a rfcs and still able to take a passenger comfortably/safely? My wife is 5,3 and petite and it's a no go in my 07.

[MENTION=10633]Kidd[/MENTION], I've installed mine in the car and use it basically daily to pick up my daughter from day care. My wife is able to ride in the car comfortably, she's about 5'6". You do basically end up having the seat almost all the way forward, but because of the long lower legroom area under the dash it's just never been an issue for us.

I wouldn't call the car a "family" car by a long shot, but for little trips here and there it gives us no problems. We're using a Graco seat and base. We've taken the car on multiple 45-75 minute trips over the weekend usually because when we go to see family they want me to bring the Mustang.

Let me know if you like any specific pictures if you're debating getting one based on the size.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
[MENTION=24508]IsolatedSnail[/MENTION] Thanks for the insight man. After seeing how little room I had in the 07 I was curious to know how much of a difference Ford moving the dash forward had made room wise on the S550.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter is almost 5 months old now, and I've had no issues fitting the rear facing seat behind the passenger side and my 5'4 wife fitting in the front seat. The seat back is more upright than she'd prefer but her legs still comfortably fit under the dash and most of the baby crap can fit in the trunk.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I could use some advice on this topic. My little guy just turned 1, just about to pass the 30lb weight limit on our original Britax baby bucket.

Two questions:

Whats a good rear-facing seat for toddlers that fits in the S550?

Second (and this may be obvious once Iā€™m doing it), whatā€™s the procedure for getting a kid in and out of a seat that doesnā€™t detach? with the coupe configuration, you wonā€™t have access to the side of seat. Iā€™m sure it can be done but Iā€™m sitting here scratching my head as to how that works. šŸ‘šŸ½

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I could use some advice on this topic. My little guy just turned 1, just about to pass the 30lb weight limit on our original Britax baby bucket.

Two questions:

Whats a good rear-facing seat for toddlers that fits in the S550?

Second (and this may be obvious once Iā€™m doing it), whatā€™s the procedure for getting a kid in and out of a seat that doesnā€™t detach? with the coupe configuration, you wonā€™t have access to the side of seat. Iā€™m sure it can be done but Iā€™m sitting here scratching my head as to how that works. šŸ‘šŸ½
This may not help but, maybe put down other rear seat, open trunk and pass the kid through the trunk which is a direct shot for an exit instead of trying to wriggle him out between the front seats, front seat belts, car seat and B-pillar....

:crackup: kidding of course and free bump to top for you

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
The couple of times my grandson rode in the back I put the seat in without the base. I found that the base also moved the seat forward and interfered with the passenger seat even more. Mind you, it would be a pain not having the convenience of the base doing it daily. I also dropped the top to put the seat in and out, one more advantage of a ā€˜vert, I guess!
Sponsored