Sponsored

Rear end upgrade options

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
I’m getting tired of breaking half shaft usually is always the right side, I had the DSS “2000hp” and didn’t last long then I did the gforce renegade lasted longer but this Wednesday it decided to quit. What other options do we have? My car is a 6 speed so if harder on everything. Running on the 9’s with about 900hp. I’m afraid of upgrading to the 9” since I’m not breaking rear ends im breaking the cv part of the half axle and that part looks the same.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I’m getting tired of breaking half shaft usually is always the right side, I had the DSS “2000hp” and didn’t last long then I did the gforce renegade lasted longer but this Wednesday it decided to quit. What other options do we have? My car is a 6 speed so if harder on everything. Running on the 9’s with about 900hp. I’m afraid of upgrading to the 9” since I’m not breaking rear ends im breaking the cv part of the half axle and that part looks the same.
I'd get with Jessie Ringley of EMS (engineered motorsport solutions). Your both making 900 HP+ and are having simaler problems.
He's a mechanical engineer, builder and racer and should be able to help!

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I've had the made for ford ones for a bit no issues, going to the gforce 9" though for future progress

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Are you breaking them on the street? Wheel hop? How's your suspension and alignment? You may have too much negative camber for that power (steep joint angles) laying beatdowns on it with a manual.

OP
OP
TOROz06

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
I've had the made for ford ones for a bit no issues, going to the gforce 9" though for future progress
Ford performance and g force are made by the same company, the 9in is stronger but I’m not breaking the 8.8 my issues is with the cv it self.

92514F69-A830-4A47-A4C1-5926D10EC2A0.jpeg

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ford performance and g force are made by the same company, the 9in is stronger but I’m not breaking the 8.8 my issues is with the cv it self.

92514F69-A830-4A47-A4C1-5926D10EC2A0.jpeg
Yeah..... That's either a hopping/shuddering issue or the angle of the rear knuckle having too much negative camber for sure under power.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe your car can benefit from one of these. I have one on my car and do believe it takes away the driveline shock. The problem I had on my car was I received vague information from the manufacturer on setting it up. Once my tranny goes back in, I’m going to reach out to the GM community for help in setting it up, as there are several guys running them.

https://grannys.tripod.com/hitmaster.html

OP
OP
TOROz06

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
Are you breaking them on the street? Wheel hop? How's your suspension and alignment? You may have too much negative camber for that power (steep joint angles) laying beatdowns on it with a manual.
I’m breaking at the track! I have bmr,
BMR-CB005R Cradle bushing lockout kit, level 2
BMR-BK055 Bearing kit, lower control arms, rear, premium

BMR-BK050 Bushing kit, differential, aluminum

BMR-TR005R Toe rods, rear, double adjustable, rod ends

VIK-B358AM Viking rear shock, double adjustable. 16R 14C

and alignment is set at what bmr told me at the moment I will have to double check what that was and if still on specs. It does wheel hop from time to time and that particular pass it didn’t wheel hop, on the previous It did but for second and I let off immediately.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I’m breaking at the track! I have bmr,
BMR-CB005R Cradle bushing lockout kit, level 2
BMR-BK055 Bearing kit, lower control arms, rear, premium

BMR-BK050 Bushing kit, differential, aluminum

BMR-TR005R Toe rods, rear, double adjustable, rod ends

VIK-B358AM Viking rear shock, double adjustable. 16R 14C

and alignment is set at what bmr told me at the moment I will have to double check what that was and if still on specs. It does wheel hop from time to time and that particular pass it didn’t wheel hop, on the previous It did but for second and I let off immediately.
What tire?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What kind of short time are you running at the track?

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I think the Ford Performance ones are the outlaws

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Maybe your car can benefit from one of these. I have one on my car and do believe it takes away the driveline shock. The problem I had on my car was I received vague information from the manufacturer on setting it up. Once my tranny goes back in, I’m going to reach out to the GM community for help in setting it up, as there are several guys running them.

https://grannys.tripod.com/hitmaster.html
This is the answer. Look at any fast stick car, controlled clutch slip is the key!

OP
OP
TOROz06

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
Turns out the issue wasn’t an halfshaft like I thought it was. This time was my rear end one planetary gear decided it had enough. I’m glad it was the diff and not the axles
Sponsored