Realistic goals for a pro-charged 2015?

OP
OP

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Owning a turbo car, I would rather go blower.
Lag, underhood temps and always chasing leaks... been there, done that :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Appears to be that way at the moment.
Still, I have weeks of lonely nights in the desert ahead of me, so a little reading will make time pass by faster :)

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Would suggest some of Kings work for now then..

This place probably wont be able to provide much heavy reading until this car actually shows up at dealers.

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
For the current coyote the rule of thumb seems to be just about 600rwhp for the safe limit stock bottom end. Now with the boss internals we should be able to push that closer to 700rwhp IMO

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
For the current coyote the rule of thumb seems to be just about 600rwhp for the safe limit stock bottom end. Now with the boss internals we should be able to push that closer to 700rwhp IMO
700rwhp sounds amazing, I'm just wondering if the pistons could take that?

Personally, I think I'd be happy around the 630rwhp mark. It's within the 600-650 mark that some people claim the current engines are good for, but I'll feel more confident in having the boss goodies Ford has decided to bless the 2015 GT's with.

630rwhp should be good enough to trap 130mph or maybe a tad more, which is fast enough for me :)

OP
OP

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
A Pony with 630 whp would put a big smile on my face, that's for damn sure!
Still reading through all kinds of forums, including the links above (thanks for that!).
Lot's of good stuff out there.

OP
OP

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Ok, read a lot last night.
Looks like the self contained paxton is capable of supporting more power than the self contained vortech. The lube fed versions are even more capable due to better bearings.

What I have yet to find (maybe you guys can help) Is a dyno chart that compares a car pre and post blower install.

Preferably of different setups, like Paxton, Vortech, Pro Charger etc.

Thanks!

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I'd post some but I'm on my phone at work.

Another advantage to the centrifugal superchargers for the 2015's is the added IRS. I think the roots type blowers may stress the new rear end too much with low rpm torque. The way the centrifugal superchargers work will put less stress on the more fragile rear ends at their weakest points - which is low rpm and off the line situations.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
A Pony with 630 whp would put a big smile on my face, that's for damn sure!
Still reading through all kinds of forums, including the links above (thanks for that!).
Lot's of good stuff out there.
That's just a guess from me at what I think a new safe zone would be. 600rwhp is what most reputable tuners seem to think a safe limit is for the internals of the 11-14 5.0's. Something to consider is other components. For instance, how will the new IRS handle that power? What about the manuals? I understand some changes were made to the automatics as well to save weight - are they still just as strong?

Sponsored

COYO TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Alpha 1 Lund TT
After owning one turbo coyote, I will CERTAINLY own another. Turbo + coyote = Mid 9 second street car. The stock motor is still holding strong at 730whp on E85, 10# boost. But I just like being different.

It is a bit more expensive but well worth it. You will never get near the TQ of a turbo with a centri on these motors (unless you run a wastegated centri but that creates a lot of excess heat and inefficiency)

Most tuners will agree you can run up to 650whp safely with a custom dyno tune and 93.

B3tt3rtwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just installed a Procharger to a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 after adding Procharger and Tune the car makes 630HP to Crank and 531HP to rear wheels with 8 pounds of boost on dyno. If you go any higher on boost your engine will be destroyed in a short time with out building up the bottom end with forced pistons, rods, and stronger parts. The Mustang is an automatic and you could get around 60 more ponies with a manual but in a drag race the auto will win with the same setup.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I just installed a Procharger to a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 after adding Procharger and Tune the car makes 630HP to Crank and 531HP to rear wheels with 8 pounds of boost on dyno. If you go any higher on boost your engine will be destroyed in a short time with out building up the bottom end with forced pistons, rods, and stronger parts. The Mustang is an automatic and you could get around 60 more ponies with a manual but in a drag race the auto will win with the same setup.
HOLY old thread revival! Also you are giving misinformation. 630 crank horsepower is nowhere the engine limit when properly tuned and driven.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Sigh. Where to begin.

2. Yes your information is false. I daily drive my 722 rwhp car and have zero issues with it. So far 8K miles and not even a hiccup. Please look around before saying stuff like this.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Ohhh boy....
Did you forget to bolt the head unit on???

I want some of your shit!!
th.jpg
Sponsored