Sponsored

Raxiom Unit in the Works?

Lein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just saw this on Taobao.com

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.20.ceUidn&id=521212979328&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

Seems like this uses the same panel as the Raxiom and Sintegrate ones, but with the interface that looks like Sync 3! OMG! Sync 3!!!!

One of the customer reviewed saying that he was surprised that it had Sync 3. (in Chinese though)
TB2CSlZnFXXXXXvXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1828722552.jpg
I think I would very much dislike the bright white-everything look of that interface, especially if it did not properly interface with the auto dimming night-time sensor like my current Taobao unit does not--the only thing saving it for me is the fact that it swipes the older white-text--on-glossy-black look, so it's not blinding when it's dark out.
Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
I just saw this on Taobao.com

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.20.ceUidn&id=521212979328&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

Seems like this uses the same panel as the Raxiom and Sintegrate ones, but with the interface that looks like Sync 3! OMG! Sync 3!!!!

One of the customer reviewed saying that he was surprised that it had Sync 3. (in Chinese though)
TB2CSlZnFXXXXXvXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1828722552.jpg
That's pretty awesome, although I wonder what system it runs off, if it's the same as SYNC 3 (QNX) or just a skin over MyFord Touch (Windows CE). Personally I'm not buying a head unit for the look of SYNC 3, it's the app integration and CarPlay that I'm looking for. I wonder whether this unit has any of that capability, or even the possibility for CarPlay / Android Auto, I unfortunately doubt it since it's a knock-off unit.

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I'm trying to solve problems with Tomtop making them pay for my shipping since it was a faulty unit. What did people pay and ship with when they had to get a replacement? I am getting a refund as I am going to be patient and wait but would like to save the most since they want to be dicks

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
That can be easily fixed.... :thumbsup:

Interesting though that they are now moving on to a sync 3 style! If it has the dark mode of sync 3 ( the theme I love) and decent software (no glitches and such) I might try and move to this.... OEM sync 3 is still pretty damn expensive.
They do have the dark mode. It will switch to dark mode automatically at night.
TB2ycBVnFXXXXX5XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1828722552.jpg

Sponsored

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty awesome, although I wonder what system it runs off, if it's the same as SYNC 3 (QNX) or just a skin over MyFord Touch (Windows CE). Personally I'm not buying a head unit for the look of SYNC 3, it's the app integration and CarPlay that I'm looking for. I wonder whether this unit has any of that capability, or even the possibility for CarPlay / Android Auto, I unfortunately doubt it since it's a knock-off unit.
It is Windows CE I believe.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So it looks like it is the sintegrate unit with updated software. I believe QNX is difficult/expensive to get ahold of which is why every aftermarket unit usually uses Windows CE. It has a capacitive touch screen though which immediately puts it above the resistive units of old..... Interesting.... Curious to see what software comes with that group buy.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
So it looks like it is the sintegrate unit with updated software. I believe QNX is difficult/expensive to get ahold of which is why every aftermarket unit usually uses Windows CE. It has a capacitive touch screen though which immediately puts it above the resistive units of old..... Interesting.... Curious to see what software comes with that group buy.
I'm going to pick up the sintegrate unit and hope that they have an update later that changes it to look like the QNX stuff. I was thinking about doing the MFT swap but I actually like the look of the base models controls. And I have your toggles waiting to be added!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I'm going to pick up the sintegrate unit and hope that they have an update later that changes it to look like the QNX stuff. I was thinking about doing the MFT swap but I actually like the look of the base models controls. And I have your toggles waiting to be added!
OEM MFT is great in terms if vehicle integration and reliability but the sintegrate/ Raxiom units look great from what I have seen. If the Raxiom unit has a near sync 3 UI design I would seriously consider it. ( and help test one, listening [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION]? :D)

I wish to have a more responsive capactive touchscreen and OEM sync 3 is just too damn expensive right now. Maybe in 3 years when every Preminum Ford has them they will be cheaper but until then....

Sponsored

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
Its the same icar as the current Taobao unit.
There is no mention of the operating system.
No mention of apple/Android auto.
Captive 1080p screen.
Music player file types, all typical.
Video files.
Seat controls ( meaning climate with seat, base don't have cooled seats, they even mention incase you change your seats) maybe that's big in China??
I emailed icar, as I have one already and asked more questions.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its the same icar as the current Taobao unit.
There is no mention of the operating system.
No mention of apple/Android auto.
Captive 1080p screen.
Music player file types, all typical.
Video files.
Seat controls ( meaning climate with seat, base don't have cooled seats, they even mention incase you change your seats) maybe that's big in China??
I emailed icar, as I have one already and asked more questions.
Operating system is Windows CE. I don't think it it supports Apple Car Play/Android Auto. You can project your phone screen on the 8inch screen though.

The heated/cooled seats is a thing in China. People like the premium stuff.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Moneys burning a hole in my pocket waiting on this..