Rattle update 2018 GT

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
i just feel helpless in all this. i will def never buy used again... and ive bought a lot of used cars and had no issues...
Not only do I not buy used, I also don't buy from dealer lots anymore. I'll wait for my order to come in and enjoy a non test driven car. Obviously it's joy ridden before I picked it up at 7 miles but at least it's not dogged by some rando not even buying the car.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
i just feel helpless in all this. i will def never buy used again... and ive bought a lot of used cars and had no issues...
Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Not only do I not buy used, I also don't buy from dealer lots anymore. I'll wait for my order to come in and enjoy a non test driven car. Obviously it's joy ridden before I picked it up at 7 miles but at least it's not dogged by some rando not even buying the car.
100% agree... never again.

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
And it looks great! That blue with black really speaks to me.

I've had zero issues with my '19 GT and many others also have no issues. Unfortunately those that do voice their issues for us to see. Those without issues simply drive the piss out of their cars as they should lol. So what if I had to pop a body panel in place when my order came in, or the body panels are all over the place hahaha!!
Thank you so much!!! Your GT is absolutely beautiful. That color is REALLY working for me and I'm glad you haven't had any major issues. Things like this can happen with mass produced vehicles, sometimes certain ones can be screwed up... but then the majority seem to have no real issues with them.

I still love Mustangs and I'm glad yours... a very nice example of one, is still doing really good!

@Ock I wish the absolute best as always and please keep us up to date still... I want to see the resolution. We've been at it too long to not see the finish.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Today is 4 months... wow... 4 entire months... insane... Called and spoke to GM of dealership. he is investigating and calling back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Just got off phone w/GM. he gave me his cell, and is getting car in today. It was first he heard of my car being there. it looks like the holdup was service manager. u bet ur ass im driving by to check... then after talking he wants to have me put my 66 c10 in a car show there this spring... lol wtf...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just got off phone w/GM. he gave me his cell, and is getting car in today. It was first he heard of my car being there. it looks like the holdup was service manager. u bet ur ass im driving by to check... then after talking he wants to have me put my 66 c10 in a car show there this spring... lol wtf...
Car show...really?? How about he fixes your car that's been there for 4 freaking months!! Yeesh lol.

Reactions: Ock
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Tell you what, get that GM on your side and be on his good side, and you can get a lot done. Didn’t you say the place just got bought out? That means he is probably new and ready to weed out the BS. No one at the dealer level has more say on what happens.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tell you what, get that GM on your side and be on his good side, and you can get a lot done. Didn’t you say the place just got bought out? That means he is probably new and ready to weed out the BS. No one at the dealer level has more say on what happens.
Agreed - we had a good conversation. Im guessing since he asked to have my truck is a show he is at least trying. I wonder if i should tell him his service manager told me to window the block...

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
So I just read through this whole ordeal and I feel so bad for you man. I have a 22 gt on order. If you lived close I would totally take you for a few trips around d the block. I truly you get compensation for all of your troubles. Good luck

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So I just read through this whole ordeal and I feel so bad for you man. I have a 22 gt on order. If you lived close I would totally take you for a few trips around d the block. I truly you get compensation for all of your troubles. Good luck
haha thanks.. 16 pages, hell of a read... I dont think Ford is doing anything other than fixing the car. The sad thing is we have been shopping for a Bronco for my wife and and f-150 for me... now im thinking no...

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Depending how things go with the gm you may want to send a registered letter to Ford Corporate and address it to CEO Jim Farley. From Fords corporate website:

If you would like to contact Ford’s Board of Directors please use the following address: Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126, U.S.A. Please indicate whether you are a shareholder, customer, supplier or other interested party. Responses will be sent to those that include a return address, as appropriate.

Believe it or not I've actually heard of this working. It's what I'd do in your shoes ymmv.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Depending how things go with the gm you may want to send a registered letter to Ford Corporate and address it to CEO Jim Farley. From Fords corporate website:

If you would like to contact Ford’s Board of Directors please use the following address: Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126, U.S.A. Please indicate whether you are a shareholder, customer, supplier or other interested party. Responses will be sent to those that include a return address, as appropriate.

Believe it or not I've actually heard of this working. It's what I'd do in your shoes ymmv.
I once had an issue with my internet thru Time Warner cable, their 3rd tier support (highest level) said the issue was with my computer and hung up on me. I got the email address for CEO of company via google search and sent him a note. 12 hours later I had the VP of Northeast operations calling me and got me in touch with local supervisor who got the right person to figure out my problem (issue was in their billing system not my equipment).

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Sponsored