Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
When the vehicle is completed - and you talk to your Ford CSR again, push for reimbursement of vehicle payments for as many months as you were without the vehicle. Explain that you're a dissatisfied customer due to the length of downtime and this isn't what you would consider a good Ford vehicle ownership experience. I would also say it in a way that you were essentially paying on an product that wasn't able to be utilized due to manufacturing defects.

They should reimburse you for as many months you made payments on a "ghost" vehicle.
So i asked about this and the agent went into full blown bitch mode... said they will not cover payments for entire time because its out of 3yr/36k. Car has 12k miles and 11k when i bought it... this was up April of 2021 and i bought car in June... They aint going to do shit, ill be lucky if they actually fix car and it works...fuck.. so pissed...
Sponsored

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
This makes me mad, they haven't done anything for you... at all.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
This makes me mad, they haven't done anything for you... at all.
im beyond livid.. thing is i cant do shit about it... Tn lemon laws sucks...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So i asked about this and the agent went into full blown bitch mode... said they will not cover payments for entire time because its out of 3yr/36k. Car has 12k miles and 11k when i bought it... this was up April of 2021 and i bought car in June... They aint going to do shit, ill be lucky if they actually fix car and it works...fuck.. so pissed...
Have you reviewed your State's Lemon Laws? You could pursue that avenue if it's an option...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone think there is anything i can
Have you reviewed your State's Lemon Laws? You could pursue that avenue if it's an option...
tn only gives one year from original date of purchase to report lemon law… freaking sucks. But we can run open headers here… go figure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
is this ever gonna be over... car still in same spot... def wont see it this week...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
i think i cracked... still not done... still not even started... and no one from dealer/ford are the least bit concerned...

at this point is there anything i can do? i tried buyback again but they wont due to Tn laws. i dont think i even want the car at this point. since ive only owned since june of 21 id take too big of loss on trade in/sale even w/o engine being replaced. i planned on keeping this car for a long time too... ugh. #frustrated

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
i think i cracked... still not done... still not even started... and no one from dealer/ford are the least bit concerned...

at this point is there anything i can do? i tried buyback again but they wont due to Tn laws. i dont think i even want the car at this point. since ive only owned since june of 21 id take too big of loss on trade in/sale even w/o engine being replaced. i planned on keeping this car for a long time too... ugh. #frustrated
Stop making payments and let them repo it. Not good for the credit.

Hire a lawyer and spend more than it would be to just cut your losses and send a flatbed over and remove it and it's parts from the dealership.

Then you have control over it's destiny. Is there another dealership within 100 miles? Talk to them tell them your problem and that want to bring it to them.

Get your car out of that dealership. For whatever reason your relationship with them is soured and over. IMO

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Stop making payments and let them repo it. Not good for the credit.

Hire a lawyer and spend more than it would be to just cut your losses and send a flatbed over and remove it and it's parts from the dealership.

Then you have control over it's destiny. Is there another dealership within 100 miles? Talk to them tell them your problem and that want to bring it to them.

Get your car out of that dealership. For whatever reason your relationship with them is soured and over. IMO
Thanks for ideas, i cant do a repo - ive never not payed for somethin i agreed to - it just goes against everything i am. i will find another route.

i have been looking for an attorney and not having luck finding one, most advise due to Tn car laws aint much i can do.

There is another dealer, but idk if they would be any better, i can def try to talk to them. the dealer its at is super busy and their repair lot is constantly full. apparently while waiting on my engine to get there the tech on mine started another job and is hung up on that... sounds like bs to me. they are however busy. im thinking since its warranty it gets passed for full pay jobs.

Thanks again for response

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Who knows what the full story is there, but the tech who’s been working on it getting another big job in the mean time makes some sense. The tech is not sitting around doing nothing while parts are on order. But that has to come to an end at some time and he should be back in your car as soon as possible - high priority. I got tied up on a larger job this week and just as I started it, a car with ordered parts came in for me. I had to tell them it would be a couple of days before I could even start on it and a couple more to complete it. I felt pretty terrible about it.

Reactions: Ock

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Who knows what the full story is there, but the tech who’s been working on it getting another big job in the mean time makes some sense. The tech is not sitting around doing nothing while parts are on order. But that has to come to an end at some time and he should be back in your car as soon as possible - high priority. I got tied up on a larger job this week and just as I started it, a car with ordered parts came in for me. I had to tell them it would be a couple of days before I could even start on it and a couple more to complete it. I felt pretty terrible about it.
Thanks - i agree. i mean i worked in shops and it can happen, thats only thing keeping me sane... i did go to dealer, talk to everyone there and dont have any real bad vibes from them. its just been so long now. thanks man

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Esp for a car i drove to the shop. this all started over a rattle... jfc..

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
welll still in same spot. great. i filed a bbb report against Ford Corp for all the good it will do... Spoke to a few law firms in area they advise since its out of the 1 yr tn lemon law im up a creek... i need a drink ffs...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
i forgot but ford corp said "try another dealer" and left it at that. great customer service. other dealer is a month to even look at it, but since they never called me back i assume they dont wanna touch it w/10 ft pole... cant blame them. what a nightmare...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
As expected the BBB report did absolutely no good. Friday is 4 months at the dealer. there is nothing i can do. i am livid. once i get car back i will sell even for a loss. fuck ford and their shitty customer service. this isnt an issue waiting on parts, engine is at dealer, car is at dealer. i dont care what anyone says, 4 months without a car i am paying for is wrong. Ford does not care.
Sponsored