Rattle/Buzzing from shifter/infotainment

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
So I've got a really annoying rattling/buzzing coming from somewhere around the shifter, center console, or infotainment panel. I've searched around and done all the fixes I could find on here and still can't isolate the source. I already installed an MGW shifter so I know it isn't coming from the lockout collar like many people have experienced. I've actually managed to test drive the car with dash trim, center console trim piece, and shift boot assembly all removed and I still get the noise. Also, I checked my side skirts and have wrapped the amplifier thing by the driver footwell as seen in this video

So it seems like I've covered all the typical sources. Does anybody know what else I should try or have the same issue?

The rattling/buzzing occurs in gear and with throttle, pretty much at any speed/gear
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
wow... crickets... I'm experiencing a similar buzz/subtle rattle on my 2019... don't know where to start...

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
wow... crickets... I'm experiencing a similar buzz/subtle rattle on my 2019... don't know where to start...
Took me a while but I ended up figuring mine out. It was this black plastic piece surrounding the disk slot behind the radio panel, the part circled in red. I ended up putting a couple pieces of dynamat between the plastic piece and the metal it sits on and it has been silent ever since.
2E9A73C0-08F6-43C1-9EFC-96DE60D05A2F.jpeg

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
My god thank you. Been driving me batshit crazy for 2 weeks now
For sure, made me crazy for over a year until I finally decided to start tearing up the interior to find it. Hope it works for you too!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took me a while but I ended up figuring mine out. It was this black plastic piece surrounding the disk slot behind the radio panel, the part circled in red. I ended up putting a couple pieces of dynamat between the plastic piece and the metal it sits on and it has been silent ever since.
2E9A73C0-08F6-43C1-9EFC-96DE60D05A2F.jpeg
thanks I am going to start working on narrowing mine down shortly..

Sponsored

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
I knew it was somewhere in the radio bezel just wasn’t sure what it could be. You didn’t have to remove the console did you? Looks like a simple dash panel removal and a few 7mm bolts holding the radio and controls in place
I had to remove the dash trim, the center trim piece where the cup holders and shifter are, and then the radio trim bezel. It takes some time but it’s not too complex and only needs basic tools.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
picard holding head.jpg

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
Welp. That wasn’t it. Same noise from same area. I also did the shifter rattle fix from Autofanatic’s YouTube video, even though that didn’t seem to be the issue. It sounds like it’s somewhere in the middle of the dash
Does it sound more towards the shifter/cup holder area or the infotainment screen area?
Sponsored