Sponsored

shifter and console buzzing and rattles i need a fix ASAP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
ths is literally driving me crazy, sounds like something is broken. local dealers said they have no TSB on this and said its normal but i say bs. i want to tear into this myself but if the issue is the oem shifter assembly i cant do much.

has anyone here found a simple diy for this? i also have rattles in the headliner and side panels, totally absurd as my 2015 GT was much harder and stiffer but built much tighter in every way.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
In a nutshell, you have a motor that spins all the way up to 8250. There are vibration absorbing components in the stock shifter that will degrade and eventually go bad. In my old track pack 350, I had the shifter replaced under warranty for this very reason. In both my new R's, my plan is to replace the standard shifter immediately and save the stock oem shifter for preservation of stock parts.
[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] is the resident MGW expert. He has spent a lot of time with George of MGW and has been a strong proponent of the shifter. It is my understanding that it is a masterpiece.

So, if you don't want to drop $500 on a MGW, drive your 350 over to your dealer and I'm sure they would be happy to replace your shifter with a new OEM.

I know what I'm going to do.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
MGW is a beautiful piece. Helped my rattling a lot.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And where has [MENTION=22079]MCarsFan[/MENTION] gone? I haven't heard anything from him in a while.
:shrug:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's happy with his 350 and has nothing to post about?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In a nutshell, you have a motor that spins all the way up to 8250. There are vibration absorbing components in the stock shifter that will degrade and eventually go bad. In my old track pack 350, I had the shifter replaced under warranty for this very reason. In both my new R's, my plan is to replace the standard shifter immediately and save the stock oem shifter for preservation of stock parts.
@Epiphany is the resident MGW expert. He has spent a lot of time with George of MGW and has been a strong proponent of the shifter. It is my understanding that it is a masterpiece.

So, if you don't want to drop $500 on a MGW, drive your 350 over to your dealer and I'm sure they would be happy to replace your shifter with a new OEM.

I know what I'm going to do.
Dayum Tom. Next time I'm in town I'm buyin'.

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
had the same issues [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION] - MGW solved it (apart from giving it a hella upgrade to shifterfeel)

Sponsored

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Mine only has 430 miles on it, but I'm trying when life/work aren't in the way- I was out for a drive Sat morning and the buzzing was driving me crazy as well- turned out it was my keys making all the racket! Need a better place to stash them and hate shit in my pockets.

That MGW looks like it should be on the coffee table- it's gorgeous!

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
ths is literally driving me crazy, sounds like something is broken. local dealers said they have no TSB on this and said its normal but i say bs. i want to tear into this myself but if the issue is the oem shifter assembly i cant do much.

has anyone here found a simple diy for this? i also have rattles in the headliner and side panels, totally absurd as my 2015 GT was much harder and stiffer but built much tighter in every way.
Rattles in panels is a great fear of mine too. I'm sorry and hope I never experience as NVH issues suck on such an expensive car.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
One thing I found enlightening was removing the center console and taking out the sound pad and rolling up the rubber boot so you can see the tranny through the hole and drive around. Noisy gets warm but no vibration, maybe I got lucky, it will help you find the NVH source

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I don't think there's any way to keep the rattling/buzzing at bay in this car, unless something simply broke. Just too many funsies bein had by that power plant. I did buy some flocking tape to stuff in some areas of the dash and hopefully that makes it livable...I've also started driving with suspension set to normal instead of sport on the crappy roads.

Also, I did buy an MGW(not installed yet), but not for the rattles...it was easily my favorite mod to my 16GT and i swore I'd never own another mustang without one. Hope she improves the tremec like it did the MT82:cheers:
Sponsored