FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So lowes was closed today for seed, but he did give me 30 bucks to buy seed. Not mad.

I set the extra panel just behind my current fence just to fill gap til I make a new post this week and cut and such fix it all up

A ton of concrete from the neighbors fence was on my yard I had to pick up a crap ton of it. Not professional imo how messy they sprayed it everywhere

CA4FA62D-1547-4467-B921-0686EC951BEC.jpeg

A578D972-16A1-4963-9093-01D53E136DA1.jpeg

F16FCCDC-5BFD-4F77-8C9D-80DE5E5696AF.jpeg

4C17920A-9460-4762-9643-C8B8995775A2.jpeg

2EDEF098-1F8B-4C41-ABBE-FB5D5A4717CF.jpeg

E2BB2AB1-8571-4D9A-968D-171D28CE17D4.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t look as bad from my house.

What do you guys think?

BA23AA43-1912-4BCC-B12A-1970DD1694C2.jpeg

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
It looks fine. Nice job finding someone to pull it out quickly, and on Easter to boot. Shouldn’t take much to fill in that area with seed. Did your neighbor even poke his head out while your fence was being removed?

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It looks fine. Nice job finding someone to pull it out quickly, and on Easter to boot. Shouldn’t take much to fill in that area with seed. Did your neighbor even poke his head out while your fence was being removed?
their little red car isnt there, pretty sure they are somewhere for easter. I would have this whole project worked on today, but lowes etc is all closed, so I will finish up later this week. so the holes are filled, but I think im going to compress the dirt down, then put a mount of premium top soil on each hole, it should settle level and let grass sprout.

yeah they was really good with everything. he said the fence would easily lasted 10-15 years more. was high quality fence. he did help me clean everything up, im happy.

I got a bigger yard now, and I have no more maintenance to worry about or fixing the fence if something broke it. AND. theres 1 more plus, if I ever want to "replace" the fencing on left and right of house, I can do so easy, since theres like only the front sections now.

oh and funny, the guy said "I actually used today to come do this to get out of the family events, he doesnt get along with his sister" or something like that. lol

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I found out Home Depot was open, bought 7 lbs of Scotts sun/shade grass seed, tossed it all down, watered it in, compressed the holes, then put better top soil ontop. may go get a few more bags of dirt to sprinkle over the bare spots where theres no grass, just hard dirt and seed. but I think it'll grow if I water it daily for a few weeks. fortunately, I can cut right beside it, and ignore that entire 2 feet of strip

I gotta find plants to fill the back corner of my little jungle though. in the summer, it all fills in and you cant see the neighbors, so I dont really do anything but let it thrive all on his fence.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...two men I used to work with did this same thing years ago.
Both of these guys lived side by side for years.
'Ray' wanted a chain link fence, so he had a surveyor come and draw a
line 1 ft over on his side so his 'greedy' neighbor Clyde wouldn't think that he
was trying to take any of his property.
'Clyde' decided that he would have his land surveyed for a fence as well. He
also had the line held back a foot so 'Ray' wouldn't think that he was trying
to take any of his property.

Both men are long since dead; but the section in the fence remains.

I wonder if anyone but me know the reason "why" the space is there?????????

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
...two men I used to work with did this same thing years ago.
Both of these guys lived side by side for years.
'Ray' wanted a chain link fence, so he had a surveyor come and draw a
line 1 ft over on his side so his 'greedy' neighbor Clyde wouldn't think that he
was trying to take any of his property.
'Clyde' decided that he would have his land surveyed for a fence as well. He
also had the line held back a foot so 'Ray' wouldn't think that he was trying
to take any of his property.

Both men are long since dead; but the section in the fence remains.

I wonder if anyone but me know the reason "why" the space is there?????????
I wonder who maintains it. or the owners take turns
or they killed all the grass and its a no man land'

I have a gallon of Clorox im going to use it to dilute with water and use it on my rocks etc, places where weeds grow. going to see how well it works. I usually use this 60 dollar gallon stuff at lowes, its like concentrated into like 128gallons of weed killer. ive been on the same gallon for a few years now. works well enough.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Let's just hope the neighbor doesn't just hate looking at any fence and figured this was the only way to make you remove yours. His goes down tomorrow.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Let's just hope the neighbor doesn't just hate looking at any fence and figured this was the only way to make you remove yours. His goes down tomorrow.
I would be irate. wont even lie, I dont have the funds to toss up a privacy fence currently.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I wonder who maintains it. or the owners take turns
or they killed all the grass and its a no man land'

I have a gallon of Clorox im going to use it to dilute with water and use it on my rocks etc, places where weeds grow. going to see how well it works. I usually use this 60 dollar gallon stuff at lowes, its like concentrated into like 128gallons of weed killer. ive been on the same gallon for a few years now. works well enough.
...I don't know.
Ray's youngest son, Steve got killed several years ago, his estranged wife got all
of his possessions and his kids as well profited.
Clyde's family live off and I believe they sold their property.

The wife and I rode the Harley down that way last week. The space between the
fences was mowed, so someone is mowing it................:shock:

As far as your weed killer; I read if you put some Dawn soap in with Clorox, it
will kill everything, even the rocks...............................:crackup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
dude just went on a complete rant today. I fixed the gap, I sacrificed one of my panels, did my little thing that I mentioned, and the post is on the border line, the turn, "floating" is like 1-2 inches over the line, but I did it to block off my yard, he pulled his fence back like 1 inch.

he came out, and cut his grass (I cut mine a week ago) went on a rant, and said I aint dealing with legality bs. etc. whatever, irrelevant. and then he said "your fence post is on the boundary", so that means this part is OVER the boundary.

I said.. um. I dont want animals coming into my yard, I said how about this, im not concreting it, and if you ever decide you cant handle my little 90* turn to meet at your fence, let me know I will pull the side post off.

he kind of was douchey, and then, he cut his grass right? I cut mine a week earlier, so mine was short, and he literally left a 2 foot strip on purpose, like 5 inches tall or whatever, so I had to go get my mower out. and hit the little 2 foot strip, even though it was same length as his grass etc.. just dumb. if I was him I would of cut it. just because it was his length

its fine. I can tell theres going to be issues with this new neighbor. complete turd.
im going to chop down the new post height like 5 inches to blend behind the boards this week.

I mean, it isnt perfect, but it looks good enough for me. the red is what hes throwing a little temper over. up to the main post is perfectly on the line, he wanted me to have my fence "open" unable to seal it.

I think thats why he had his fence pushed back like 1 foot off mine, to put me in this position.

ohhh and I mentioned I wanted to keep animals out right? he said "well my dogs are already in your yard' the back fence neighboring fence in his yard, is weak and the dogs push it and came in my yard"

I said well thats fine for the moment, but you really need to fix that, because I will be letting my cat outside relatively soon to be an outdoor cat. he said "If my dog gets your cat that isnt my fault, thats nature"

I said, no that means you need to keep your dog in YOUR yard.
he said "my wife's making dinner" and walked off. that was end of our conversation. kind of sounded like hes ok with his dog running around my yard. and wants me to keep my yard open to random animals. da fuq.

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.02.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.09.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.10.05 PM.png

3F524505-4A63-429D-A795-41866C4ED905.jpeg

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dont like him much so far. shame, the lady who sold them the house was so nice and friendly but she sold and went to retirement center, its better for her. hopefully he gets nicer though, fingers crossed.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Starting to sound like a Dateline episode. I wouldn’t deal with him anymore and certainly wouldn’t trust him, especially if his dogs are of the vicious unpredictable variety. If they continue in your yard just call the cops and let them handle him.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Starting to sound like a Dateline episode. I wouldn’t deal with him anymore and certainly wouldn’t trust him, especially if his dogs are of the vicious unpredictable variety. If they continue in your yard just call the cops and let them handle him.
Yep. Guy sounds like a complete asshole. Shame you have to deal with him and his nonsense. Keep your cat inside.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Sounds like it might be time for some Solo cup fence art. :crackup:
red-cups-spelling-jesus-on-chain-link-fence-RDWCD6.jpg
Sponsored