Sponsored

Ran across TWO super shady dealers in Texas yesterday...

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
ixfe: Bottom line, you didn't do business with this dealership and presumably, continue to search. I certainly wasn't questioning your integrity but I know the man and he's a good shit.

Think we could just leave this one alone? No one in here but myself has and will be doing business with them and I'm quite happy with the service I've received.

Fair enough?
Sure. But just so weā€™re clear... I was actually happy to stop posting yesterday... until you called me into question and your guy sent me that passive aggressive text...

Moving on... I actually spent the day looking at other (non-Ford) cars. Kind of crazy how different the dealership experiences were.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<smiling> Well then, no one but you and I, Doc. <still grinning> You got me, good. :-)

And very glad to know you've been happy with the service received. They're a good bunch of folks.

So, what's the plan? Fly here, pick her up, and head on back to my former neighbor state, PA?

I'd love to come out on the day she arrives, Doc, but you're ahead of me and may take delivery while I'm in Ohio for the holidays.

I'll keep a second eye out for info from Earl and if you wind up heading this way in January, the hook up might work.

BTW, I just got word from Mike that Ford sent a request for my info so they could send the apology letter and trinket package. Did you get one of those since you're an "October" type as well?

(I CAN"T BELIEVE I didn't notice the second reference to Access in Earl's list! Sucks becoming a member of the geezer gwoop. :-)

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Iā€™m sorry guys, I promise last post. I just checked my ā€œspamā€ folder and couldnā€™t resist posting this gem...

An official quote from the dealer to buy THAT car for $80k.

ā€œThe price we can offer you on the 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 you requested is listed below.ā€

In my business, a quote is a lot more binding than an advertisement.
760032F2-AA9B-4FCE-A28E-A6DFB17D20AA.jpeg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
That's MSRP, but it is also a customer ordered car and it is a Kona Blue with White OTT and side stripes.
It was Produced yesterday and still has to go through the Mod Shop for the stripes.

vehicle.png

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Here's a protip: analogies don't persuade anyone. Great for explaining new concepts but rarely change minds.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
<smiling> Well then, no one but you and I, Doc. <still grinning> You got me, good. :-)

And very glad to know you've been happy with the service received. They're a good bunch of folks.

So, what's the plan? Fly here, pick her up, and head on back to my former neighbor state, PA?

I'd love to come out on the day she arrives, Doc, but you're ahead of me and may take delivery while I'm in Ohio for the holidays.

I'll keep a second eye out for info from Earl and if you wind up heading this way in January, the hook up might work.

BTW, I just got word from Mike that Ford sent a request for my info so they could send the apology letter and trinket package. Did you get one of those since you're an "October" type as well?

(I CAN"T BELIEVE I didn't notice the second reference to Access in Earl's list! Sucks becoming a member of the geezer gwoop. :-)
That's ok KB we all have brain farts at our age. But you still have it wrong, mine is not the blue one, that is access fords 2nd allocation, mine is the 3rd which was ordered by mike in October, white with no stripes
and all other available options, listed as non scheduled material hold for now. Told by mike once he gets the ok from ford it will get picked up, told maybe tomorrow when he talks to his rep, at the latest first of January. I can wait for spring delivery since I cannot drive in Michigan now. I am going to try and sell my 2017 gt350 hear and if so will go to Tx to take delivery and we can meet up. Will either truck it home or rent a trailer and tow myself. If I trade mine in will have to send mine there first then truck mine back. I know this is crazy since I only live 40 miles from flat rock, but you due what you must due if you want a car!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<smiling> Good morning, Doc. Roger on the third one and, on the potentially confusing trip to get it. ;-)

Just lemme know my friend, and I will meet you or provide transportation whenever you want.

Photo op for sure <grin> and a big AMEN to doing what you gots to do. :-)

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Here's a protip: analogies don't persuade anyone. Great for explaining new concepts but rarely change minds.
i dont need to persuade, facts are not opinions. 1+1=2, not opinion, no persuasion required, just education.

Tentwentyone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT Vert. 18 911 GT3

Sponsored

Tentwentyone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT Vert. 18 911 GT3
and? this shows nothing related to OP.
1- OP refers to dealers being dishonest about cars/orders/allocations they are selling, but donā€™t have.
2- My post gives an example of a dealer taking deposits to sell sell cars/orders/allocations they donā€™t have, and walking away with the deposit money.

how is that not related to the OP?

I mean, if you want to be ignorant, and condone the behavior of the dealers trying to sell build slots they donā€™t have yet, and donā€™t know if they will ever have...... thatā€™s your business.

That said, there is tons of fraud going on in exactly these types of situations. The example I posted got press because of the high total number that was stolen. There are other examples of this same type of fraud with other dealers (including ford dealers) that have happened in the past few years, just not to the same degree.

Funny thing is..... people like you, are exactly who they are targeting! :wink:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
1- OP refers to dealers being dishonest about cars/orders/allocations they are selling, but donā€™t have.
2- My post gives an example of a dealer taking deposits to sell sell cars/orders/allocations they donā€™t have, and walking away with the deposit money.

how is that not related to the OP?

I mean, if you want to be ignorant, and condone the behavior of the dealers trying to sell build slots they donā€™t have yet, and donā€™t know if they will ever have...... thatā€™s your business.

That said, there is tons of fraud going on in exactly these types of situations. The example I posted got press because of the high total number that was stolen. There are other examples of this same type of fraud with other dealers (including ford dealers) that have happened in the past few years, just not to the same degree.

Funny thing is..... people like you, are exactly who they are targeting! :wink:
again, where did the dealers in OP situation ever LIE? easy, they didnt, useless thread, worthless post