Sponsored

RaiderJatt02's GT350 story, first 1000 miles and beyond...

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Goodguys Autocross March, 2017

I went to my 3rd autocross event over the weekend. It was the same Goodguys show in Pleasanton, CA as my last 2 so the track layout was the same. The only difference is that I was finally able to try out my Project 6GR wheels and Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. These tires are amazing! Obviously, with the 180 treadwear rating, I wasn't competing to win so I was put in the "fun run" class. I mainly wanted to compare the wheels/tires to my stock setup. My last time out, with stock wheels and tires, I managed a 65.6 but I think they were capable of high 64 or low 65 seconds with a clean run. This weekend with the new setup, I ended up with a best time of 63.1 and I know for a fact I could have gotten it down to the 62 range because I messed up in a few areas and still managed a 63.1 on my last run of the day.

[ame]

Now, I haven't really had any issues with my car and I've had it for just a little over a year. Well, until this weekend. I know I'm not the first to have this happen, but I got the Service AdvanceTrac message during 3 of the 9 runs I did over the weekend. It was so damn frustrating because I started every run with TC off and AdvanceTrac off while in Track mode but at the beginning of 3 runs the car automatically put everything back to "Normal" mode. It slowed my runs down by at 1-2 seconds because the damn traction control kept cutting power and the AdvanceTrac prevented me from rotating the car. It completely throws you out of the "zone" and fucks up the rest of the run. I don't even know what caused it because of the 3 runs, it seemed completely random. The one in the video below seems like it was because I came into the corner too hot and understeered a bit. But looking back at the other 2 videos where the "Service AdvanceTrac" came on, there wasn't any understeer to trigger it. It must be something else but I have no idea. It never happened when I had my stock wheels and tires so maybe the increased grip is screwing with the sensors?

[ame]

I still had a great time and will definitely be back in June. I can't wait to try out the Cup 2's on a road course though.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Love the pics!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
PS - cement barriers scare me, lol.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had the service advance track issue too at Daytona last December. As a matter of fact, quite a few others running their 350's had the same issue. We all figured it was an anomaly with the high banks, but I guess it is another issue. I was also running 6gr wheels and sticky R compounds. Then again, others had the same problem running stock. This I know, while running in sport mode, I never had the issue.

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
American Autocross is having their first event out at the old Crows Landing NAS next weekend, the 8th and 9th of April. If you want to come check it out. We normally have a practice course that is bigger than the GG events and the actual course which will be huge. You should come check it out.

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
American Autocross is having their first event out at the old Crows Landing NAS next weekend, the 8th and 9th of April. If you want to come check it out. We normally have a practice course that is bigger than the GG events and the actual course which will be huge. You should come check it out.
I'll try to get out to one of their events when I get a decent set of tires on. The Cup 2s aren't eligible right? And I won't be able to make it next weekend anyways due to prior plans.

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
They aren't eligible to run for points in the street tires classes but you can always go and run for time only and see where you stack up against others.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Great to see your Dad having as much fun with your car as you. Great memories being formed

Sponsored
OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 Tow Hook, Caliperfexion Caliper Studs, and Brake pads

It's been a few months since my last update. I haven't been out to the tracks yet but I did another Goodguys Autocross event. I threw on my OEM MPSS tires since I want to save my PSC2's for my next track day. Holy hell what a difference. I was insanely sloppy and over drove the car like crazy.
I don't have a video on YouTube but here's a link to the video on Facebook.

Anyways...I spent the last weekend getting my car ready for my next track day. I started with the oil cooler line recall. I don't trust the dealerships to do anything on my car so I did it myself at home. Well, my dad helped out too :cheers:

It was simple and didn't take long at all. The hardest part was removing the center section of the front splitter but it didn't take more than 15 minutes. Since I had to remove the entire flat underbody panel, I figured I'd install the following too:

• ZL1 front tow hook with a removable GoPro mount
  • G-Lock R12 brake pads (Front)
  • G-Lock R10 brake pads (Rear)
  • Castrol SRF brake fluid
  • Tried to install Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines

The ZL1 tow hook wasn't took difficult to install but the instructions provided weren't too clear and I got confused since my bracket didn't look like the picture on their website. I used [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] write up to help out. Here's the link to it:http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1871455&postcount=46. Stupid PhotoBucket made it a slight pain in the ass because I didn't have pictures to compare it to. Make sure you move the bumper support out of the way and install the bracket in between the support and flush against the inside of the bumper.

picture.jpg

The receiver end of the tow hook comes down at a 45 degree angle and it was tripping me out because the close up pictures I've seen before made it look like it should come straight down.

picture.jpg

Luckily, everything fit perfectly fine and there was no need to trim or cut any part of the grille.

picture.jpg

Next up were the Caliperfexion front brake caliper studs (thanks [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]!) that I bought from here: http://caliperfexion.com/

These make brake pad changes a breeze! Plus, they were simple to install. Not much more to say about these besides the fact that they look great and work just as they need to. I also bought the extended sleeves so you can slide the caliper right onto them instead of taking them completely off. So simple and easy to use. I can't believe I never took a picture of them but I'm too lazy to do that right now so you can search for them yourselves. Highly recommended though! :D

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Lastly, I TRIED to install my set of Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines but gave up since I couldn't figure out how to get them to fit right. I bought them from Optimum Performance like the rest of my brake parts and I'm don't even know if I got the right set but I think I did since they say "2015 Mustang" on them but they look too small! Here's a comparison between stock and the Goodrich lines:
picture.jpg

I've read in multiple places that all the S550 Mustang brake lines are the same but I can't find pictures of anyone that installed SS lines on their GT350 yet. Anyone out here have any pics or experience installing these that they could share with me? I got so damn frustrated with it I just gave up and put the stock lines back on.

Now that she's back on the road, I think I need to put her right back up on the jack stands...the brake pedal feels incredibly mushy. The car still stops on a dime and the G-Lock pads easily activate the ABS but the brake pedal feel is very soft. I have a feeling I might have some air in the lines so I'm going to bleed them again and see if that solves the issue. I have 2 weeks before the Shelby Mini-Nats in Sonoma so I should have everything dialed in by then.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sounds air in the system. I'm not running R12s up front, but my R16s will about send me through the windshield if i even think about using the brakes.

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
So I bled my lines again and everything feels perfect now! There's a slight squeak while rolling along at about 5-10mph that goes away when I apply slight brake pressure. I think that should go away after I put a few hundred miles and a few hard stops on the new brake pads. Well, hopefully it goes away. It sounds kind of embarrassing when I'm creeping through town or a parking lot. I think I might need to go into the backroads and do a few 100-0 brake tests...

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You’ll hate to hear this, but mine didn’t. It just got worse after my first track day. My brakes sound like a school bus. HA! I run GS1 street pads when not doing track days and they are quiet and low dust. I’ve also run them in autocross and they worked great.