Sponsored

RaiderJatt02's GT350 story, first 1000 miles and beyond...

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sick video man, I was only able to 2:00, 2:01 there through my racing career, your lap times are not that far off. Here is a video of me crashing at Sears point back in the day on turn 8 going about 100, before Go Pro's, I know I am old. Still my favorite track and where I crashed the most, haha! Too bad we cant do a car and motorcycle mix track day, I know my lap times will be a lot slower now but it sure would be fun to follow a
Man that is back in the day, bikes dont even run that config anymore :D

But yeah, very solid lap times for his first time at thill. With a few more days he should be able to get down to the 2:00s which is cooking regardless of bike/car you are in, it takes a certain amount of testicular fortitude to maintain those corner speeds
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for sharing! Enjoy

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I loved everything about it except for the helmet cam. A bit too herky jerky, especially when the main camera view was so crisp and clean. I may be the only one but I'd rather have seen a smaller second window, perhaps with a rear view instead of a redundant front one.

Quibbling aside, you are getting there fast in this car. You put the power down quickly and hit some pretty tight apexes. Great to see you enjoying this thing out there and I'm very jealous of the climate and track opportunities you have out there. Keep up the good work!
I agree on the really bumpy helmet cam. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to mount the cameras because I will only be down to 1 GoPro now. The other one was borrowed. I want to buy another one and mount it outside to the front bumper to get more of a sense of speed next time. Rear view would have been boring on all but one of my runs because I had a GT350R chase me down. Regarding the tracks and weather...we're very spoiled out here. I guess that's compensation for our shitty smog laws :D

Where did you get those numbers [MENTION=17837]raiderjatt02[/MENTION] ?
How do you sync the two up? I have the oblink ill need to work on this for next season
I have a bluetooth OBDII adapter that syncs with my phone and outputs all the data into a .csv file. It can record almost anything I want from the car's sensors. It uses the GPS from my phone for the track map and timing. The rest of the info is straight from OBDII. OBDLink is the adapter I use with the included app. Once I have the .csv file and videos from the GoPros, I used RaceRender 3 to sync it all up and create the video.

Sick video man, I was only able to 2:00, 2:01 there through my racing career, your lap times are not that far off. Here is a video of me crashing at Sears point back in the day on turn 8 going about 100, before Go Pro's, I know I am old. Still my favorite track and where I crashed the most, haha! Too bad we cant do a car and motorcycle mix track day, I know my lap times will be a lot slower now but it sure would be fun to follow a 350 around.
Damn dude! That's exactly why I don't do bikes. I'm too paranoid of falling off.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Man that is back in the day, bikes dont even run that config anymore :D

But yeah, very solid lap times for his first time at thill. With a few more days he should be able to get down to the 2:00s which is cooking regardless of bike/car you are in, it takes a certain amount of testicular fortitude to maintain those corner speeds
Haha I know, they changed the configuration that next year. I have not been there for a few years now, I think it is time for another track day, probably need to ride in the slow group now...

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I took my car to the Goodguys Autoshow last weekend to try the autocross again. It's a very small, tight course which makes it hard for this car to compete in stock trim. The tires are just not up to task for low speed corners but it was still fun to take it out and romp on it for a bit. I beat my time from my last outing by an entire tenth of a second!

[ame]

I'm going to try to get out to a higher speed autocross sometime next year when the season starts up again. Hopefully I'll have a track set of wheels/tires by then but we'll see.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That course was tight! Nice run.

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
I think I've seen you driving your car through Springtown. On Bluebell to be exact. But, your not driving like an ass so I appreciate that.

I saw your car there but every time i went over to check it out, you were gone. I was there with a couple friends running their cars. They are all considered "pros" by good-guys standards which is silly if you ask me.

Anyway, you said your interested in hitting up a larger Auto-X. My buddies (the "pros") and I race with the American Autocross Series. You should check it out sometime. Unlike SCCA, we don't require you to have a membership, just show up, sign up, run and work and you'll have a blast. This next year we'll be at 2 different locations with a 3rd in the works. Marina Municipal Airport (down by Laguna Seca) and Crows Landing airfield (about 45 minutes from Livermore). If your interested, just PM me and I can give you a bunch of info.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think I've seen you driving your car through Springtown. On Bluebell to be exact. But, your not driving like an ass so I appreciate that.
Have you seen any other GT350s in town driving like an ass. :ninja:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There might be an ass heading north on Airway in the morning!

Wish I could have made the autocross (and good guys itself) but we were down in SLO over the weekend. We all need to meetup sometime soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)

I saw your car there but every time i went over to check it out, you were gone. I was there with a couple friends running their cars. They are all considered "pros" by good-guys standards which is silly if you ask me.

Anyway, you said your interested in hitting up a larger Auto-X. My buddies (the "pros") and I race with the American Autocross Series. You should check it out sometime. Unlike SCCA, we don't require you to have a membership, just show up, sign up, run and work and you'll have a blast. This next year we'll be at 2 different locations with a 3rd in the works. Marina Municipal Airport (down by Laguna Seca) and Crows Landing airfield (about 45 minutes from Livermore). If your interested, just PM me and I can give you a bunch of info.
Yup, that's definitely me. I don't commute in it but I try to take it out a few times a week. Now it's already night by the time I get home from work so it looks like I'll only be driving on the weekends. I try not to drive like an ass around all those houses but don't mind me once I get on 1st Street or Vasco :D

And I'll most likely aim for one of the Crows Landing events. I was talking to a lot of the people there about it and it looks really enticing. Any idea where the 3rd location would be?

Have you seen any other GT350s in town driving like an ass. :ninja:
I can't believe I still haven't seen you driving around town yet.

There might be an ass heading north on Airway in the morning!

Wish I could have made the autocross (and good guys itself) but we were down in SLO over the weekend. We all need to meetup sometime soon.
We definitely need a meetup. I wonder if there are anymore 350s out here?

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Awesome color - was so close to picking up a RR and black roof GT350. Is there a bay area group? I'm in RWC.

I picked up my GT350 a few weeks ago - I used to run a turbo miata at the track, OnGrid and Speed SF are good trackday groups. Would love to run autocross to get more seat time in.

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I just mounted my new Project 6GR wheels and Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires! I need to take it out for some more DSLR pics but here are a couple of cell phone pics from the past few weeks. I can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can hit up the tracks again. Looking forward to testing out the new tires...

Here's a picture from last week before I mounted my tires. I took one last drive in the rain with my MPSS just to remember how good these things are in the wet.

And here's a picture I took today after I put on the 6GR wheels.

Damn, I love these things. The stance looks perfect and more aggressive. But holy shit, the difference on wet pavement is insane. These things are like driving on ice compared to the Super Sports.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Looks great man! Those pics, especially the one with the weather in the background looks fantastic
Sponsored