Radio Upgrade

Toysa4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Impact Blue
I have the base sound system in my Mustang. I have been looking for a radio upgrade and keep seeing the Tesla screen radios. I didn't know if anyone has one, and if it is any good. I just do not want to waste my money on a POS.
Sponsored

Jess13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I was looking around at these after my frustrations with Sync, and I saw a few posts on these over on Reddit. Here is a post by a guy who has the Linkswell version in his truck that he was less than thrilled with:

Here is one on here from a guy with the Phoenix PX6, that he was less than thrilled with:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/phoenix-px6-review.133580/

What ive read on most of these is they are basically tablets that have some software on top for use in a car, and as such have considerable shortcomings when it comes to being an infotainment center.

Most recommendations I've seen are to either do the Sync3 upgrade, which I personally have a hard time recommending as it's better but far from great, but I guess is the best you can get.

Or do a conversion kit like this: , that allows you to run a standard doubled in unit, which is looking to be the route im going to go if my latest fix for making the Bluetooth latency livable isnt persistent.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I had that Metra kit in my Mustang, but wasn't too impressed with it.
First, it look cheap.
Second, the HVAC controls were shit.
Wouldn't recommend this unit to anyone these days.
In fact, for someone who already has a SYNC3 with 8 inch screen i only would recommend the idatalink RR with the MFT1 kit and a short chassis aftermarket radio, but that's not available for the 4 inch screen system. So basically all those with a 4 inch are screwed in regards to aftermarket systems imho.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I have a linkswell screen and I love it. Has android auto and carplay which I wanted. Looks really good as well. It even boosted up the backup camera image.

Screenshot_20220401-005056_Gallery.jpg

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a linkswell screen and I love it. Has android auto and carplay which I wanted. Looks really good as well. It even boosted up the backup camera image.

I need details...how well does it really work? I'm on the fence about it. I looks unbelievably good.

Sponsored

Trude1400

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Basic PP US-Version

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I need details...how well does it really work? I'm on the fence about it. I looks unbelievably good.
Works really well so far. Has apple car play and android auto. Its pretty customizable if you use nova. You can change the boot up animation as well. No issues with it so far.

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium

Did you have the base or 8" screen before upgrading?
Sponsored