H D radio upgrade

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ordered the GT Prem w/o the H D radio because I did not want all the other crap in the pkg. How hard will it be to add hd capability ?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The only thing I see in the $995 HD Radio package is the HD radio/CD, 12 speakers, and a subwoofer.

I imagine it would probably cost you more than $995 to get HD radio in the car after the fact.

Ordered the GT Prem w/o the H D radio because I did not want all the other crap in the pkg. How hard will it be to add hd capability ?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I was trying to get around the cd player. and the subwoofer. It may be time to peep out the salvage yards.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't know how you feel about your music, but you will probably want the subwoofer. It is not like it has any booming bass or anything like that when the subwoofer is added, but the stock speakers are not anything to write home about.

You wouldn't know there was a CD player unless you read the manual. It is not obvious at all and well hidden. I only used the CD player to tune my system after "adding" a different subwoofer.

I was trying to get around the cd player. and the subwoofer. It may be time to peep out the salvage yards.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
I thought the CD player was no longer an option after 2018?

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I thought the CD player was no longer an option after 2018?
Even the 2021 have it.
I like the fact that it still has one.
I don't put all my music on my phone, nor is all of it avail. on streaming . A lot of the late 70's 80's dance music, punk, and underground hard rock, among other music are not avail streamed. and for that day I have an itch to hear the Clash, or black flag, or fear factory, or 80's synth dance/pop, or 80's rap without having to have it mixed with later rap that has the n word every tenth word and bitches and hoes the other 9.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The CD player is part of the $995 HD Radio package which includes the B&O 12 speaker system with subwoofer.
Sadly, my 05 jeep with Boston Acoustics branding speakers and amp. Sounds better.
This 12 speaker set up ford installed is not loud at all.
My jeep doesn't have a sub, either.
I am not sure, but I will hazard a guess by the placement and size of the amp in the ford that it is a class "D" digital amp.
THose were designed for sub amp use, not full range.
And are lacking when used that way.
Again not sure what type amp ford used, but going by the size of it, and the placement and lack of air flow to cool it.
I'm guessing class D.
Sponsored