Raceseng Tow Hook for the GT500

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I couldn't either, Tom, so I did a "Contact us" with their little email widget and got a response this morning. They are sending an RMA for exchange.
Its funny, I looked at the RMA directions and it said send it back for a refund minus a 15% restocking fee and to go ahead and order the new part via their website......

I just boxed up the wrong part and asked them to send me a new one upon receipt. I will follow up and offer to pay return shipping. Im fair....
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tom: In the email I got, the fella said he would waive the restocking fee and when they receive the wrong item, they will refund the cost. I'm not sending the original back until I get the new one.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom: In the email I got, the fella said he would waive the restocking fee and when they receive the wrong item, they will refund the cost. I'm not sending the original back until I get the new one.
Well, we will see what happens. He's a good guy. He will do the right thing.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Installed the appropriate tug shaft with the correct threads. Thanks again Raceseng!

Piece in my hand is the one I removed that is designed to fit the Focus RS...

20201013_154446.jpg

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the appropriate tug shaft with the correct threads. Thanks again Raceseng!

Piece in my hand is the one I removed that is designed to fit the Focus RS...

20201013_154446.jpg
Mine delivers tomorrow I think. They are definitely in the customer service department.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I received the correct Tug Shaft (name makes me giggle a little). I have been back and fourth over painting the ring body color, or leaving it black. I decided to paint the "R" body color, and think it came out pretty good.

EA7EB06E-A10B-4B0F-BF7E-31D8AAF2FD0E.jpeg

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GREAT idea, Jaime...I'm ON IT!

BTW, love the new avatar...did you acquire or create it? :cool:
Thanks Kent. So, I am a life long AC/DC fan, and they just released news of a new album. They have publicized a link to a web app that created the image you see as my avatar.

It’s quite the coincidence to hear about their pending new album, since I recently named my new Golden Retriever pups Malcolm & Angus, after the greatest rock guitarist one/two punch in history.

D7A2D8A3-EF97-423C-8B22-B325E7C32413.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about "the greatest," Jaime. Like paint colors, it's a personal thing. When I think of guitarists, I think of people like David Gilmore, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Pete Townsend. :cool:

Roger on the avatar...pretty nifty idea to have an app build an avatar that also advertises.

Sadly, I heard that their original bass player just passed away.

ROCK ON! :-)

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about "the greatest," Jaime. Like paint colors, it's a personal thing. When I think of guitarists, I think of people like David Gilmore, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Pete Townsend. :cool:

Roger on the avatar...pretty nifty idea to have an app build an avatar that also advertises.

Sadly, I heard that their original bass player just passed away.

ROCK ON! :-)
One could argue all day about who the greatest lead guitar player is. I am talking about the one, two punch of Angus & Malcolm Young TOGETHER. Malcom (was) the older brother to Angus, and played the rhythm guitar. Angus is the lead guitarist. Together, there has never been a better guitar sound. Yes this is my opinion, but it's a pretty popular one. Malcolm died a couple years ago, and now his nephew Stevie Young fills his shoes. Coincidentally, Stevie played with the band back in 85/86 during their world tour, when Malcolm was dealing with his alcohol demons.

Each of the people you mentioned above are great, and had their own style. There are too many to list, just as there are styles, but Angus Young is up there with the likes of Eddy Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Hendrix...... so on, and so on.

There are some who stand out as "technically" better than others, but style overtakes technicality in my opinion. Have you ever heard the discussion about rock drummers? The battle between John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), and Neil Peart (Rush)? Neil t is "technically" a better drummer, but most (self included) choose John over him, because his style sounds better.

Anyway......... this could go on forever in its own thread. I now bring you back to the regularly scheduled programming.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I received the correct Tug Shaft (name makes me giggle a little). I have been back and fourth over painting the ring body color, or leaving it black. I decided to paint the "R" body color, and think it came out pretty good.

EA7EB06E-A10B-4B0F-BF7E-31D8AAF2FD0E.jpeg
That Private Select Makers is some great stuff. Used to get it on base on the reg prior to Covid....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That Private Select Makers is some great stuff. Used to get it on base on the reg prior to Covid....
Agreed, my nephew, of all people, gifted it to me when he came over for a cookout that I was hosting. I was both impressed with his generosity, and his taste in whiskey.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
5.Oh: It looks comparable but I don't like two things...the unpainted shaft and the "TOW."

Granted, it costs more, but I think the Raceseng hook is more appealing to the eye.

1603112926600.png

Tob flipped his hook to put the logo in back...(I think.)
Sponsored