Sponsored

R1 Concepts Brakes - Any Feedback

WalterArch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just ran into this company through a deep dive Instagram and found their eLINE series rotors that can be coated in a black zinc finish.

https://www.r1concepts.com/eline

I think I've died and gone to heaven based on how this would look on my shadow black S550.

Only problem is, I've done a quick search on this forum and came up with 0 hits. Does any one have any experience with this brand? Does anyone actually have the black zinc finish and have pictures to share?

Cheers!
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I've used them for the last 5+ years for all the brakes on all my vehicles. Never ever had one develop steering wheel shimmy.

The coating on them is awesome too. Rotors look like new still a year later.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just ran into this company through a deep dive Instagram and found their eLINE series rotors that can be coated in a black zinc finish.

https://www.r1concepts.com/eline

I think I've died and gone to heaven based on how this would look on my shadow black S550.

Only problem is, I've done a quick search on this forum and came up with 0 hits. Does any one have any experience with this brand? Does anyone actually have the black zinc finish and have pictures to share?

Cheers!
The black zinc will be gone from the friction surface not long after you install and drive a little bit. It's just there for shipping/storage so it doesn't corrode.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have had them on three of my veh. Never had a problem with any of them.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't see anything special about these, it's just a rotor with coated hats (as the rest will instantly disappear once you start driving).

So basically you're paying updwards of $800 for a set of iron hat coated rotors. There are much cheaper choices out there if all you're looking for is a coated rotor, or better yet might as well spend a little more and get 2 piece rotors. Would not pay $800 for plain ol' coated iron rotors with some fancy slots and holes in them.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I don't see anything special about these, it's just a rotor with coated hats (as the rest will instantly disappear once you start driving).

So basically you're paying updwards of $800 for a set of iron hat coated rotors. There are much cheaper choices out there if all you're looking for is a coated rotor, or better yet might as well spend a little more and get 2 piece rotors. Would not pay $800 for plain ol' coated iron rotors with some fancy slots and holes in them.
Not sure where your getting the 800$ figure from.
Screenshot_20180912-120743_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
WalterArch

WalterArch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've used them for the last 5+ years for all the brakes on all my vehicles. Never ever had one develop steering wheel shimmy.

The coating on them is awesome too. Rotors look like new still a year later.
That's excellent news! Do you have any pictures?

OP
OP
WalterArch

WalterArch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

My cart shows $328.20 prior to shipping. I'm assuming they're a slight upgrade over stock rotors because they're slotted, and i'm looking for something with a black hat on the rotor to match up with my black car. D you have a suggestion that comes with the black hat? I agree that the portion of the rotor that makes contact with the pad would end up shiny aluminum and i'm not sure if that would be a good look.

Cheers!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I agree that the portion of the rotor that makes contact with the pad would end up shiny aluminum and i'm not sure if that would be a good look.
I don't think there's much you can do about 'shiny', other than maybe don't drive it at all.

Norm

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
If you end up trying them, please let us know if they fix the inverted cooling design of OEM base GT/EBPP rotors. Pictures show that they do, but those may be generic pictures used for all applications.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
If you end up trying them, please let us know if they fix the inverted cooling design of OEM base GT/EBPP rotors. Pictures show that they do, but those may be generic pictures used for all applications.
What are you calling the ‘inverted cooling design’?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I've bought R1 rotors and pads for 2 different vehicles in the last 5 years, no problems. When the times comes for brakes on my GT I'll consider them again. I wasn't willing to pay extra for holes - went with slotted only.
Sponsored