Quietest axel-back exhaust

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How do they measure that... if you are at idle you will pass or even at 2-3K RPM... but at WOT you are way above that even with full factory...
The stock exhaust isn't even close to 95 dB via the trackside microphone at a place like Laguna Seca. Sound level tests are done with a specific distance away and orientation to the car, usually while it drives by at WOT.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Sorry, Blue Horse...
You thought you were funny -FAIL
You bashed the Ecoboost -FAIL
You received no likes -FAIL
Yeah but he's right, the EB exhaust is damn near silent. I didn't see it as bashing that why Ford plays engine noise thru the speakers. I tried a bunch of systems on my EB.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I've been considering the Ford touring but after this thread I'll stay stock a while longer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been considering the Ford touring but after this thread I'll stay stock a while longer.
With the resonator in place its not loud at all.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

With the resonator in place its not loud at all.
Agree. Just a mild axle back and keep factory resonator installed to eliminate drone.
Worst case scenario you can always reinstall your factory mufflers.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but he's right, the EB exhaust is damn near silent. I didn't see it as bashing that why Ford plays engine noise thru the speakers. I tried a bunch of systems on my EB.
I can vouch for the EB being quiet. A guy showed up at a recent car show in my area with one and I almost walked out in front of him as he idled by. Dead silent from what I could tell.

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I have the Corsa Touring with the factory resonator and it is louder than stock but not obnoxious. At times I wish I had the stock back on but overall I am happy with the Corsa. Started with the Roush and they were way to loud. Went to Steeda and had terrible drone. Finally spent the money on Corsa Touring and have been happy.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP

Deleted member 35786

Don't waste money on these axle-backs unless you're a fan of drone.

Though they are definitely louder than stock.
On the contrary the folks that use them state they have no droning issues with stock resonator installed. hmmm...

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
On the contrary the folks that use them state they have no droning issues with stock resonator installed. hmmm...
Wrong. There are several with the stock resonator that have the drone issue. I was one of them. In 6th gear, at highway cruising speed, they drone like a motherfucker. Just horrible. Just look at the design and you know that they will drone.

When the guy from speed shop that installed mine opened the box, the first thing that he said was "you know that these are going to drone, right?". And my reply was "No, no, the guys on the mustang forum said no drone" :facepalm::fingerscrossed: Got them installed and by the end of the day, I wanted to tear off whatever hair I have left on my head.

I said it before and I will say it again. They are built very well and they sound really good at higher rpms. In the 1500-1900 rpm range, they DRONE.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
In the first video, you are accelerating hard and won't have drone. In your 2nd video at 11 seconds, that sounds like drone to me.

If you can, post a video at highway speeds (65 mph) or more importantly, 6th gear in the +/- 1900 rpm range. Although you have installed dynamat or some equivalent sound deadening material in your trunk and if I remember correctly, some type of moving blanket, the results may be different to others that don't have those installed.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
drone range is under load at 1500 rpms to about 1900 rpms as i think was already stated. the above clips don't have you in those rpms.

i run a cjpp resonated midpipe and solo axle back with helmholtz resonators. at 1500 the drone is shifted in pitch to more of a resonance but its still there. also have drone around 1900 rpms.
Sponsored