willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I've been watching tons of videos of whipple, and roush supercharged gt's and I don't hear any whine coming from these units.... I keep seeing these Initials "TVS" all over several of these kits... Does that have something to do with these kits being quiet?

I don't know about you guys, but I always liked that whining characteristic of a roots style supercharger... Now that I have my fathers 2014 Gt I wanted to super charge it and everything I'm watching, has no supercharger whine.. What am I missing?
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
TVS is an Eaton roots-type.

Twin-screw is Whipple and Kenne Bell

Screw compressors are louder in general than roots due to the internal pressure and discharge.

The more airflow, the louder they get.

The more RPM, the louder they get.

The twin screw scream/whine quite a bit under boost but today's cars have excellent sound dampening now, so while everyone in a square block can hear the supercharger, if your windows are up, you may only hear a slight sound. Also, with long tube exhaust, it typically makes the sound so loud you can't hear the SC.

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
With my whipple running 10psi or so, and just a catback. The whine is literally ALL I hear under WOT. It's awesome. Outside of the car, people hear me coming for sure.

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
I like the noise too. But I can't stand the noise at the same time. I like a low key approach. I want to show up and have everyone go , oh look a stock GT who cares. And then make that 9 second pass. Add that blower on top and get that whine going sure it sounds good, but then it's a well yeah it was fast but I'm not surprised it has a blower. I don't know I guess the older I get the less flash I want to draw attention.

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks for the reply guys! Does anyone have a roush kit that can attest to the sound level??

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Whipple FTW!!! My car drives better than stock and is a beast when I get on it.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I installed a roush kit and could not hear the blower .. I'm sure if you spin it harder u can but I bought the whipple !

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I installed a roush kit and could not hear the blower .. I'm sure if you spin it harder u can but I bought the whipple !
I love the whipple whine! I removed the insulation on the underside of the hood and it is even louder :headbang:

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Man, I am bummin out a little! Why would the roush charger be silent? I had a 427r a few years back and that roush charger had a whine to it!!!

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
get a whipple

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm leaning toward roush because my father really loved roush products as he had many, the car I'm installing this on was his car that he left me when he passed away so it's going to be kind of a tribute to him

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I love the whipple whine! I removed the insulation on the underside of the hood and it is even louder :headbang:
You're not afraid of the hood warping? That's the only reason I haven't removed mine.

get a whipple
^^^^^ THIS!!

I'm leaning toward roush because my father really loved roush products as he had many, the car I'm installing this on was his car that he left me when he passed away so it's going to be kind of a tribute to him
The whine is not there really at low rpm although I can hear the whistle of the blower slightly, but once you get on it, especially at WOT, man does this thing scream. I was running with my buddy who has a Procharged 15 and he said that he didn't see me coming he just heard the scream of the blower! :headbang:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Man, I am bummin out a little! Why would the roush charger be silent? I had a 427r a few years back and that roush charger had a whine to it!!!
The Eaton sc because it was designed for OEM applications had strict design criteria to be very quiet. We on the other hand want some supercharger noise and the screw compressor by design is just louder do to the pulses.

What's even better is that it makes so much more power and is light years ahead of the Roush, no grinding the block, no cutting the k-brace, no engineering all the hoses and pulling pins from connectors, just install and have 100+ more HP.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks for the reply guys! Does anyone have a roush kit that can attest to the sound level??
I have a VMP TVS, Roush based blower, the whine is very silent. I prefer a louder blower, possibly my only complaint about my TVS setup.

Lot's of sounds going on in this vid but it's as close to a first hand account that I can offer. I have a full kooks exhaust with cats as well.

Sponsored