Sponsored

Quicker throttle response

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
this is where you get rid of the lag
You mean how you alter the modulation. Again, semantics maybe...but you cannot change the system lag until you figure out how to make electrons move faster from point a to point b. This seems to be the problem many have with how some are describing the system.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
You mean how you alter the modulation. Again, semantics maybe...but you cannot change the system lag until you figure out how to make electrons move faster from point a to point b. This seems to be the problem many have with how some are describing the system.
Electrons should be moving at the speed of light, right?

Seriously, if there is latency, it must be caused by something mechanical or electrical. Maybe it is the processing of the throttle which takes a while, which shouldn't be (this is 2016), or the actual throttle mechanism having to overcome inertia...or something like that. Unless this latency component is discovered, the actual delay will not change.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I personally don't care how it does what it does but what I do know is that it makes the car a lot more fun to drive, especially at the slower speeds. Before I had my sprintbooster installed, it felt like you had to get into the pedal quite a bit before you felt any pickup in acceleration. With it installed, acceleration feels more instantaneous.

I don't claim that mine gives me more power or is faster but the perceived increase in throttle response is worth it to me. I don't want to tune my car and I don't care if people think I wasted my money to buy it.

I agree that it probably isn't worth the money it costs to buy one but hey, it's my money to waste so don't tell me how to spend it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
gen6 code still good for the jms guys

2016Stang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base PP Oxford White 6-speed manual
i have been running the sprint booster for a week on my GT manual trans. and man what a difference its almost like the fell of having a four barrel carb on my car. If any knows the fell of one.Gas and go instantly.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
i have been running the sprint booster for a week on my GT manual trans. and man what a difference its almost like the fell of having a four barrel carb on my car. If any knows the fell of one.Gas and go instantly.
I will say it again, Normal Mode on these cars is ridiculous. Sport and Track mode makes it feel like a totally different car. These products replicate those modes. And it is definitely worth the price if you're not planning to tune. For the record, the day I drove my GT home, I was immediately having a bit of buyer's remorse after driving it in Normal Mode for that first day. But once I started putting it in the different modes, completely different feel. I would have traded this car right back in already if there were no mode selection on my car and none of these products available. It almost feels like Normal Mode is a gas saving mode. Maybe it is to keep the MPGs down. But I gotta say, in NM, this car can barely get out of it's own way. To whomever may get offended by what I said, take that with a grain of salt, I'm not dishing on it, I'm just stating what we all know, lol!! But anyway, this would have been the first mod if I didn't have the Premium.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A tune will fix this feeling. It did for me. Woke the car up.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A tune will fix this feeling. It did for me. Woke the car up.
Tunes will do a little. But not to the extent this will. Plus not everyone wants to void their warranty with a tune.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Maybe it is to keep the MPGs down.
This is absolutely part of it. Driving in normal mode is perfectly suitable for daily driving. It makes it easier to modulate the throttle...and easier to accelerate slowly and smoothly from a stop.

There is a noticeable difference in sport mode in regards to throttle modulation. Enough so that it really forces you to accelerate faster from a stop, and shift harder. You loose the smoothness that the normal mode modulation provides.

I keep min in normal mode for my morning commute, and typically change it to sport mode for the ride home. I'd venture to say that the fuel economy numbers are run in normal mode.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think a tune will fix some of lack of responsiveness in the throttle, it did on mine. But I think maybe the point that is lost on this topic - this is what the car is. Accept it for what it is. And if you want to go faster, put your foot down more. I can understand this annoying some people for sure, but it's not going to be perfect. It's a car and everything in it is not going to be perfect. That's my take on it. Just drive the car and most of all, have fun with it!

But I have to admit, I think the D mode on my auto SUCKS. Big time. I hate it. I drive it in sport mode at all times, unless I'm shifting from park to drive and just maneuvering around the gas station/parking lot. I use the paddle shifters at all times because I prefer it that way. With my tune, my shift points are crisp and changed the feeling completely from the stock car.

This pedal device can increase your throttle, but it can't do all the things a tune can do. FWIW I don't think this would be worth the money for me, even if I wasn't tuning it. But in the end if it gives you peace of mind and makes you happy- that's what counts and I'm glad for the people that use it and are happy with it.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think a tune will fix some of lack of responsiveness in the throttle, it did on mine. But I think maybe the point that is lost on this topic - this is what the car is. Accept it for what it is. And if you want to go faster, put your foot down more. I can understand this annoying some people for sure, but it's not going to be perfect. It's a car and everything in it is not going to be perfect. That's my take on it. Just drive the car and most of all, have fun with it!

But I have to admit, I think the D mode on my auto SUCKS. Big time. I hate it. I drive it in sport mode at all times, unless I'm shifting from park to drive and just maneuvering around the gas station/parking lot. I use the paddle shifters at all times because I prefer it that way. With my tune, my shift points are crisp and changed the feeling completely from the stock car.

This pedal device can increase your throttle, but it can't do all the things a tune can do. FWIW I don't think this would be worth the money for me, even if I wasn't tuning it. But in the end if it gives you peace of mind and makes you happy- that's what counts and I'm glad for the people that use it and are happy with it.
I don't care how fast you push the pedal down, Normal mode is nothing more than a gas saver mode. I feel like it was designed so Ford could report lower MPG numbers. Even my Grand Cherokee with the Hemi engine has better throttle than my Mustang by far. And my Camaro SS, that thing just blasts off. My GT, I love it, but in Normal mode, it can barely get out of it's own way. Track mode makes a world of a difference. The fact that you'll have to mash the pedal down as fast as you can every time you want decent acceleration is pitiful. Even knowing to mash it down faster, and even doing it, it still in no way compares to one of these devices. Not even close. I don't ever use Normal mode at all, not even in the rain. The last time I did, I got left behind by some normal car because of the dang lag. And every time I used it in the past, same thing. In Track mode, which I use 100% of the time, there is a big improvement. These cars need help with throttle control, LOTS of help and bad.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I don't care how fast you push the pedal down, Normal mode is nothing more than a gas saver mode. I feel like it was designed so Ford could report lower MPG numbers. Even my Grand Cherokee with the Hemi engine has better throttle than my Mustang by far. And my Camaro SS, that thing just blasts off. My GT, I love it, but in Normal mode, it can barely get out of it's own way. Track mode makes a world of a difference. The fact that you'll have to mash the pedal down as fast as you can every time you want decent acceleration is pitiful. Even knowing to mash it down faster, and even doing it, it still in no way compares to one of these devices. Not even close. I don't ever use Normal mode at all, not even in the rain. The last time I did, I got left behind by some normal car because of the dang lag. And every time I used it in the past, same thing. In Track mode, which I use 100% of the time, there is a big improvement. These cars need help with throttle control, LOTS of help and bad.
To each their own. I use normal mode daily. When I want to go faster, I push the throttle down more.

If you are having issues with getting left behind, you have other issues...as normal mode doesn't slow the car down.

And for the last time, there is no lag. What you're talking about is modulation.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each their own. I use normal mode daily. When I want to go faster, I push the throttle down more.

If you are having issues with getting left behind, you have other issues...as normal mode doesn't slow the car down.

And for the last time, there is no lag. What you're talking about is modulation.
If Normal mode was soo great, and if it were just a matter of pushing the pedal down faster, then there would be no need for Sport and Track mode and you would never use it...nor would you ever feel any difference in those modes. Or, if it were that simple, you could just drive in Snow/Wet mode all day and just press the pedal faster when you want to. But as it is, you do use it and you have to admit that you do feel a difference in those modes. That is what the controllers do. Whether it is modulation or what, I'm not arguing that. I am saying that it replicates what Sport and Track mode does. But yea, to each their own. I would never try to convince anyone to get something they don't want or care for. But I am saying to those who are interested that it does work, it does make a difference, and you will like it. If you don't want a tune, and if you have a non-Premium model, then this is your best bet.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If Normal mode was soo great, and if it were just a matter of pushing the pedal down faster, then there would be no need for Sport and Track mode and you would never use it...nor would you ever feel any difference in those modes. Or, if it were that simple, you could just drive in Snow/Wet mode all day and just press the pedal faster when you want to. But as it is, you do use it and you have to admit that you do feel a difference in those modes. That is what the controllers do. Whether it is modulation or what, I'm not arguing that. I am saying that it replicates what Sport and Track mode does. But yea, to each their own. I would never try to convince anyone to get something they don't want or care for. But I am saying to those who are interested that it does work, it does make a difference, and you will like it. If you don't want a tune, and if you have a non-Premium model, then this is your best bet.
Sport and track mode do more than change throttle modulation. They also turn off many of the traction control nannies. Same goes for the snow/wet mode.

My point is, if you are rolling down the highway and mash the go pedal…the normal/sport/track mode will all accelerate identically. The modulation is only changing between the 3, and it will feel faster in sport and track mode because of it. As long as traction control doesn’t kick in, all 3 should be the same from a dig. I’m not trying to get you to change your mind, but if you have issues keeping up with vehicles in normal mode, there is something else wrong.

I do enjoy changing the modes with my mood. When I want to cruise and relax, I keep it in normal. When I was to drive more spirited, I keep it in sport. I have no need on a daily basis to spin the tires at will, so I rarely ever put it in track mode.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Sport and track mode do more than change throttle modulation. They also turn off many of the traction control nannies. Same goes for the snow/wet mode.

My point is, if you are rolling down the highway and mash the go pedal…the normal/sport/track mode will all accelerate identically. The modulation is only changing between the 3, and it will feel faster in sport and track mode because of it. As long as traction control doesn’t kick in, all 3 should be the same from a dig. I’m not trying to get you to change your mind, but if you have issues keeping up with vehicles in normal mode, there is something else wrong.

I do enjoy changing the modes with my mood. When I want to cruise and relax, I keep it in normal. When I was to drive more spirited, I keep it in sport. I have no need on a daily basis to spin the tires at will, so I rarely ever put it in track mode.
Does anyone how much (quantitatively) is the throttle changed with sport and track mode?

I ask because I have a base GT and I'd like the throttle to be slightly more aggressive, not precisely to go faster, but to rev-match easier on daily driving. I'm too used to old mechanical throttle manuals and the GT is quite gentle in the throttle (need to press deeper to get to the proper RPM for the shift).

If I had any reference number for sports and track, I can have the tuner "add" them to my base GT.
Sponsored