N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a comparison of the stock 17 manifold and a gt350 manifold.

No change using the stock 17 CAI and 17 TB.
Thanks. Then its gotta be the tune.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I just put the 18 truck manifold back on and no MAF correction needed.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I just put the 18 truck manifold back on and no MAF correction needed.
Your like me then.. Intake manifold swap in 11 mins haha. Anyways. Paying for a tune then playing email tag, then 3 revisions later with the same issues is getting irritating .

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Your like me then.. Intake manifold swap in 11 mins haha. Anyways. Paying for a tune then playing email tag, then 3 revisions later with the same issues is getting irritating .
That is why you should use a local tuner who has a dyno, or learn to do it yourself. Unfortunatly the learning curve on the coyote is steep.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Intake manifold swap in 11 mins
I wish it was 11.

More like 45, I've got pretty good. I hate the plugs, my big paws have a hard time unlocking them.

I want to put the truck manifold thing to bed. I am going to run it down the 1/4 mile this week. Unfortunately the air just went to shit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That is why you should use a local tuner who has a dyno, or learn to do it yourself. Unfortunatly the learning curve on the coyote is steep.
I know how. There's just certain aspects that I'm not comfortable with. That's when I turn to a professional. However at this fork in the road, I think I'll do it myself.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I want to put the truck manifold thing to bed. I am going to run it down the 1/4 mile this week. Unfortunately the air just went to shit.
Shouldn't matter. Any intake will look good in nice air.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I know how. There's just certain aspects that I'm not comfortable with. That's when I turn to a professional. However at this fork in the road, I think I'll do it myself.
Get on HPT Forums and read EVERYTHING @markmurfie posts.

The learning curve on the coyote is steep compared to other things I have tuned, much more involved. I was able to get mine tuned and running fine on the stock injectors, but I get way to OCD on tuning and found myself spending more time analyzing data then enjoying the car, hence why I loaded the Lund tune back on and just drive it now.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Get on HPT Forums and read EVERYTHING @markmurfie posts.

The learning curve on the coyote is steep compared to other things I have tuned, much more involved. I was able to get mine tuned and running fine on the stock injectors, but I get way to OCD on tuning and found myself spending more time analyzing data then enjoying the car, hence why I loaded the Lund tune back on and just drive it now.
Roger that. And just for the record, I ain't worried about blowing it up.. just trying to dial in drivability. Also, I use CMR, not HPT.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Roger that. And just for the record, I ain't worried about blowing it up.. just trying to dial in drivability. Also, I use CMR, not HPT.
From what research I could do, it seemed that HPT had a better "knowledge base" to pull from via their forum. Now, if you know someone that is willing to "teach you" then your golden. I learned most of my tuning stuff back in the day networking with guys that were learning as well. We also had a very active self tuning group on EvolutionM forum. Many of those guys went on to tune for a living, or on the side for cash.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
smoked tested again. This time I paid attention to the relocated JLT catch can, which I forgot to do cause I was paying attention to the engine. Fucking thing was leaking like a sieve. Not from the extensions I made, but from the can itself. Plastic vac fittings into a aluminum canister ffs. What a piece of shit haha.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
smoked tested again. This time I paid attention to the relocated JLT catch can, which I forgot to do cause I was paying attention to the engine. Fucking thing was leaking like a sieve. Not from the extensions I made, but from the can itself. Plastic vac fittings into a aluminum canister ffs. What a piece of shit haha.
That’ll do it.

I eeally like my ford perf cans. I have 2 of them. One left and right
But they did have blpwby under prsssurr sometimes. So I filled the gasket w gasket maker to reinforce it

never had issue again
80F97786-59C0-4AA5-98E3-C530B31FE303.jpeg

39D0FD85-7649-448F-8DD9-03821A1AF669.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna make my own outta stainless and mount it in the battery box.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
K so STFT are now at 0.0 to -.78 while cruising around. WOT is at .83 lambda.
Good times.
Just idling around haha

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just throwing my experience out there. I had some inconsistent stft's and ltft's. Wasnt crazy high but sometime long terms where in the 8s and 9s. Clearing the kam, they would go back to near zero, but would steady rise at idle and cruise. Wot spot on. Upon changing my oil not long ago, while idling with the hood popped up, there was a audible tick. Took the cai off and could see the throttle blade closing then opening about 1/8" inch, like it had lost memory of the closed position. Changed the throttle body and all trims are at or near zero
Sponsored