QUESTION: Tun Off Interior Lights?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey. On my 2019 Mustang Gt Premium, Does anyone know how to turn the interior lights off with doors open?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to deactivate the interior lights when the door is open. I will go on and put a Micro on-off switch under my console inline with the interior light fuse power. Then when I work on my car or store it for winter and I am always in and out of the car for moda, I can just flip the micro switch to deactivate the lights. The switch back on when I'm done. You know this system I would say was designed by an Engineer who was not qualified and an idiot.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You know this system I would say was designed by an Engineer who was not qualified and an idiot.
I wouldn't be so hard on the engineer. I'm sure it was a bean counter who insisted they save three cents by using a dumber lamp. Probably the same bean counter who deleted the glove box light.
I'll never understand this kind of cost savings. If the selling price of my car had been fifty cents higher, I would have still bought it.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't be so hard on the engineer. I'm sure it was a bean counter who insisted they save three cents by using a dumber lamp. Probably the same bean counter who deleted the glove box light.
I'll never understand this kind of cost savings. If the selling price of my car had been fifty cents higher, I would have still bought it.
Ya you are definitely right. All defunk companies usually have one major reason for their demise, they let accountants make them change design to save a few dollars, Like the Single horn on my 2019. They saved probably $5 on each car trey sold.

moreause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
remember that the light will turn off after a delay or if the voltage drop

instead of putting switch they installed a timer so your 100% sur not to drain the battery
Sponsored