Question on tuning

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
For those members that have a tune AND have upgraded to Sync 3...does the drive mode function still work after upgrading to a custom tune, or are you just stuck with the one tune and the drive modes become useless?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think his question is more if drive modes keep working on top of whatever tune you have equipped. I'd imagine the changes to steering and stability control are still felt, but not sure if the throttle response adjustments would or if they're overridden by the custom tune.

Since it has the steering and stability control factored in they definitely shouldn't be useless overall.

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Disclaimer this is 2nd had info from a few years ago so I don't know how accurate it is. There is a "sport" table in the ECU mapping that the sport mode enables. This table is available but not used by the stock tune. A tuner can use this table, so it really comes down to who tunes your car.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
[MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION], can you enlighten me on this question since you have a tune, have enabled drive modes, and have switched to sync 3?
Sorry for the late reply! Yes all drive modes are fully functional with my MPT 93prx tune. The drive modes alter the throttle mapping best I can tell (and automatic shifting if equipped).