Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Any 2021 model gt owners without any issues in this forum?

Also, someone told me that starting from 2020, they offer 5/60 warranty. is this true?
Shouldn't have sold my 2020 gt... regret it the whole time.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

Also, someone told me that starting from 2020, they offer 5/60 warranty. is this true?
Shouldn't have sold my 2020 gt... regret it the whole time.
My 2021 6MT GT has been running fine for past 3 weeks since the install (knock on wood) šŸ˜„. Again, this is not representative either, as things may change a year from now.

Warranty didn't change as far as I can tell, still 3/36 for blower and engine.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
As you can see, much worse sh!t may happen: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/another-2020-engine-failure.165030/
Doesn't mean that all 2020 engines are bad. There's just too much room for potential random failures in modern cars due to complexity, even without pushing them from 460 to 750 hp. I have some other things that I'm not entirely happy about in the car, but hey, that's Ford after all šŸ˜†

And even my wife's CR-V's one after another keep giving me issues before they turn 2 years old, what could be more reliable? I never added superchargers on them šŸ˜„. It's all moot point when it comes to modern cars reliability. They all start breaking while still on warranty.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I thought someone mentioned either in this thread or another that the PCM or whatever it is called was switched on the 21 MY because of the parts shortage. From the sound of it, other tuners haven't figured out a few things either. I think Wiengard (SP?) said they were having issues of some sort but....

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
As you can see, much worse sh!t may happen: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/another-2020-engine-failure.165030/
Doesn't mean that all 2020 engines are bad. There's just too much room for potential random failures in modern cars due to complexity, even without pushing them from 460 to 750 hp. I have some other things that I'm not entirely happy about in the car, but hey, that's Ford after all šŸ˜†

And even my wife's CR-V's one after another keep giving me issues before they turn 2 years old, what could be more reliable? I never added superchargers on them šŸ˜„. It's all moot point when it comes to modern cars reliability. They all start breaking while still on warranty.
Thats a different engine.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Not making any statements, but there are few folks here with issues and hundreds or maybe thousands of 21's getting roush blowers. I don't think that this is representative, as you don't hear from those who ride with no problems.

The issues that are described here a certainly legit, but we don't know how the installation was done for example. Could be a batch of defective fuel pumps by Ford, which happened to pass QA for NA cars but fail on SC, or whatever else. There was another thread from a guy where his mechanic forgot to install intake manifold gaskets. You can't blame the car or a kit for that :).
sure randomness can happen. I bought this set up for the warranty and piece of mind thinking if anything goes wrong the dealership and or roush will get it right. 60+ days now? They could have built an entire car in that time. so my issue is more about how the case is being handled. i figured i stacked the odds in my favor as well. buying from beechmont ford who has done a ton of installs and even gained national attention. Taking the car to the #1 roush dealership in the nation for warranty work sounds like a no brainer only they seem to have no problem talking trash about roush.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
sure randomness can happen. I bought this set up for the warranty and piece of mind thinking if anything goes wrong the dealership and or roush will get it right. 60+ days now? They could have built an entire car in that time. so my issue is more about how the case is being handled. i figured i stacked the odds in my favor as well. buying from beechmont ford who has done a ton of installs and even gained national attention. Taking the car to the #1 roush dealership in the nation for warranty work sounds like a no brainer only they seem to have no problem talking trash about roush.
As I said earlier, it's a crappy dealer problem more than anything else :) unfortunately for all, that's how a lot of dealers operate these days. They would rather never see you again after sale, than go extra mile to build long-term relationship.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
šŸ‘‹

Just hit 4000 miles been driving a LOT lately. Been working out of town all over Florida. No complaints with the car or the blower. I still can't believe how easy and fun it is to daily a 700+ hp car.

I have the 6 speed though and it seems everyone with the A10 is having problems. Not saying the A10 is the problem, but the tunes are different and maybe they missed something.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Question for you guys in the south: when you see really high iat2 readings, how do they compare with iat1? In other words, are your iat1 readings much over ambient?

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Question for you guys in the south: when you see really high iat2 readings, how do they compare with iat1? In other words, are your iat1 readings much over ambient?
High iat2's tend to compare to iat1's in a range type fashion. So for example, if iat1's are 90 and iat2's are 130 and iat1's go up to 100 iat2's don't tend to follow exactly the same way...

Prior to my Killer Chiller, if ambient temps were 80-100 degrees the car would see a range of 125-150 once warmed up.... cruising I would see 125-135 and the more i got on it the higher it would go... It would always come back down, but took a little bit of cruising to get there. If it was 50-65 degrees, I would see a range of 100-150. Very RARELY would I see 150 in those temps (at the end of a pull once heat soaked).

Once the KC was installed 80-100 ambient temps see 90-130 degree iat2's (that includes WOT pulls). I haven't seen colder weather yet, but in the rain this morning it was 75 degrees. My iat2's never got over 110.

It's difficult to give you accurate measurements in Florida cause we're so humid... The humidity will affect iat2's drastically with the KC. Prior to the KC I was always seeing iat2's of 140+. The only time I ever see them now is if I start the car and have the NGauge reading up. They drop as soon as the AC compressor kicks on.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I'm up north, and in 70-75degree weather I'm seeing iat2's in 105-125 degree range depending on driving modes. 60 degrees outside and the car is a total blast.

Had to do some driving in stop and go traffic in 90+ degree weather as well, that didn't look good on temps at all.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
High iat2's tend to compare to iat1's in a range type fashion. So for example, if iat1's are 90 and iat2's are 130 and iat1's go up to 100 iat2's don't tend to follow exactly the same way...

Prior to my Killer Chiller, if ambient temps were 80-100 degrees the car would see a range of 125-150 once warmed up.... cruising I would see 125-135 and the more i got on it the higher it would go... It would always come back down, but took a little bit of cruising to get there. If it was 50-65 degrees, I would see a range of 100-150. Very RARELY would I see 150 in those temps (at the end of a pull once heat soaked).

Once the KC was installed 80-100 ambient temps see 90-130 degree iat2's (that includes WOT pulls). I haven't seen colder weather yet, but in the rain this morning it was 75 degrees. My iat2's never got over 110.

It's difficult to give you accurate measurements in Florida cause we're so humid... The humidity will affect iat2's drastically with the KC. Prior to the KC I was always seeing iat2's of 140+. The only time I ever see them now is if I start the car and have the NGauge reading up. They drop as soon as the AC compressor kicks on.
Bruce what Jasin said above. He and I are on different coast of FL but close to the same latitude so we see very similar temperatures. I havenā€™t gotten my killer chiller installed yet so canā€™t speak to those temps but the normal temps are horrible and I canā€™t wait to have the KC installed and some cooler weather. I will say that my check engine usually only flashes after back to back to back pulls and the temps are very hot or if the car has been run and sat for maybe ten minutes and do another hard pull. Iā€™ll bet money my fuel is very hot also so that combination maybe causing me to get the misfire code I get every time.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I didn't phrase my question very well. I was curious how your iat1 temps compare to ambient in hot weather. I would assume they would be about the same when cruising but what about when sitting in traffic?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I seldom pay any attention to iat1. Yesterday, it was 77 degrees and I was stuck in traffic at a construction zone. My iat2 rose to 135. I checked iat1 and it was 97....20 degrees over ambient. I was surprised it was that high.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks guys. I didn't phrase my question very well. I was curious how your iat1 temps compare to ambient in hot weather. I would assume they would be about the same when cruising but what about when sitting in traffic?
Bruce Iā€™ll check on my ride home tonight and let you know.