Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Damn! That is no good. Were you in drag mode or at least sport+? The original P2 tune was higher than that in drag mode.
Drive mode. I haven’t tried the others yet.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Lund won't tune the 2018+ Roush period....
Not good business practice when there are so many Roush 2650’s out there when all the other big tuning companies are tuning these set ups.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got out to the strip for a few runs. 10.8 10.5 and 10.4 at 133.... best part was my 10.5 and 10.4 were against a C8 vette with exhaust and drag tire setup. Got him both times all the way....

Screenshot_20210109-210100_dragy.jpg
I’m gettting old so excuse me when I ask if you could tell me again your setup?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I’ll will check the other modes but I would have expected it to be at least around 7K. Not sure why it is so low.
Even without the latest update, mine would shift in normal mode. It was the performance modes where it failed to shift. I think in normal mode, the 6-7 shift point was pretty low but I didn't notice the specific rpm.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Even without the latest update, mine would shift in normal mode. It was the performance modes where it failed to shift. I think in normal mode, the 6-7 shift point was pretty low but I didn't notice the specific rpm.
The 123 issue was there in mine at least D, S, S+. Verified multiple times. My Stage 2 upgrade was installed last July so the calibration version should have been the one before this current release. The other shift points prior to the 6-7 are between 7 & 7.5K.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I’m gettting old so excuse me when I ask if you could tell me again your setup?
blower, vmp tune, texas speed headers, steeda x pipe, eibach lowering springs, and 19 inch mickeys on a pp1 wheel knockoff.... full weight, full tank of gas....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
blower, vmp tune, texas speed headers, steeda x pipe, eibach lowering springs, and 19 inch mickeys on a pp1 wheel knockoff.... full weight, full tank of gas....
Very nice thank you.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Are you running it on 93 or 100 octane? How do you like the VMP tune? I had a VMP tune on my 17 Roush and was spot on.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Well. Car is at the dealer for my Magnaride update, Roush tune, and cradle lockout install. Track is open Saturday. Looking like a good week!

I should have the car tomorrow. Will give an update on the tune and handling as soon as it returns!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Well. Car is at the dealer for my Magnaride update, Roush tune, and cradle lockout install. Track is open Saturday. Looking like a good week!

I should have the car tomorrow. Will give an update on the tune and handling as soon as it returns!
Very anxious to hear about the 6-7 shift in drag mode or sport+ and at what RPM.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Very anxious to hear about the 6-7 shift in drag mode or sport+ and at what RPM.
Will keep everyone posted :) I will check out Drag Mode on Saturday when I'm at the strip unless I get to Mexico before then.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Not sure I've ever posted this but one odd thing I've noticed when traveling in the car. I was using the adaptive cruise and was behind a semi with the car pacing the truck at about 75. When I punched it and got over with the cruise still on, it didn't downshift quickly like normal and the engine felt like it didn't want to go. When I hit about 110mph, a flashing check engine lite came on. It went away after less than 30 seconds after I got off the gas.

The car did that 3 times with cruise set. If I turned off cruise before punching it, it worked just fine. Something about the adaptive cruise pisses off the car if you get over and punch it. I assume it's working with the lane keep assist and the adaptive cruise for some reason.

No permanent codes were stored when I tried to pull them later that day.

Just something to be aware of if you are using cruise and decide to punch it without turning cruise control off.